Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
New Changes! Update to Loot and Classic Crusaders Buff!

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 1:06 PM
Last Edited January 22nd 2016 at 1:15 PM
Roku
Thanks for the quick reply! That answer makes sense since it likely requires a lot of gear accumulation for them to match and surpass Hermit/Emo/Sasha, though I'm still playing with my numbers.

Don't get me wrong about my minor remarks about Phoenix though...I like what you did with literally everyone else. The fact that I'm having such a hard time choosing between crusaders and have pretty large changes depending on the mission shows you've done a great job of making everyone useful in one way or another. I especially love the changes to Jason (since I joined too late to get Pete) and especially Thalia and Merci who really stand out in their niches now.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 7:05 PM
Loot
@Erika
Any words on Pam's two DPS epics being passively nerfed?

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 8:18 PM
Last Edited January 24th 2016 at 5:23 PM
Teschio
My dear Loot, I explicitly said that I have no problems with people that spend money to support the devs. I myself have done it more than once. But this is REALLY different from spending money to WIN. And in a game with no winners!

You said it yourself: if Pam had +200% DPS items, you would not have spent money on her items. If I buy a chest, I do it to thank the devs for their work, and to encourage them to continue their efforts in this great game.

You feel the need to complain about their choices, even though it is clearly stated that, and I quote, "formulas, abilities, and features may change dramatically from day to day."

Pam's items will not change just because you ask so, nor will she get buffed as a DPSer (expecially sicne she is NOT a DPSer, at least until the idol shop is released.)

Switch to another crusader as your main DPSer. And I assure you, it won't be the last time you will change formation. It's part of the game.

(Jan 24-edited for off-topic content- Erika)

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 9:30 PM
Last Edited January 24th 2016 at 5:31 PM
Loot

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 9:53 PM
Raymond
when the game comes to a complete end and the Devs stop paying for the servers they are renting space on some time in the future are you going to ask for all the money you 'put into the game' yp to that point in time back?
you got enjoyment from what you spent, right?

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 10:01 PM
Loot
@pktime
I have some screenshots here, all 4 DPSers have the same cost to next level and are far away from the next 4x leap.

Pam 1.97e79
Sarah 6.9e78 (http://imgur.com/dks8u53)
Natalie 3.59e78 (http://imgur.com/IbG04wV)
Hermit 8.34e78 (http://imgur.com/pXotfCx)

Pam: (3 epics)
Sarah: (+600% dps, 2 rares)
Natalie: (1 epic +100% gold, +15% gdps, +100% dps)
Hermit: (+400% dps, +40% gdps, +100% dps)
Nate: (3 rares)

Sarah, Natalie, Hermit have similar EP, Pam has ~1.5x their EP.
As you can see, Natalie (with only rares) is ~1/2 Sarah who has a +600% gold epic. So Natalie is a very strong DPSer now.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 10:09 PM
Loot
@Raymond

When you go to a store and pay a big price for a product 2x as good as all the other products in the store and 3 days later you find all the other products are now as good as the product you bought without any price changes. Tell me you find enjoyment from that.

That product is Pam's +400% btw.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 11:32 PM
zerxil
Great updates. you made a good game better. Loot that sounds like cellphones & computers. I hate it.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2016 at 3:08 AM
Last Edited January 23rd 2016 at 3:10 AM
Yukonus
@Loot
Why you compare your crusaders with such a strange lineup? Comparing doesn't work that way

btw. Sarah needs a full lineup for her 150%. funny

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2016 at 6:05 AM
Last Edited January 24th 2016 at 5:27 PM
Teschio
@ Loot, Believe it or not, there ARE people who buy in-game content not for the content itself, but to support the developers. If there was a Donate button without any advantage for a donation, I would still do it.

Also, Sarah needs a full formation for her skill. Look at your screenshot, and find out where the problem is. Oh look, now Sarah is your best DPSer, even without the +600% item! And this is without the fact that in other formations, for example when you test Natalie or Hermit, you keep Sarah in the formation, when you could use another powerful buffer... you know, that counts as well, when you test the max DPS you can get from a certain crusader.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2016 at 1:42 PM
Last Edited January 24th 2016 at 5:30 PM
Loot

27 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2016 at 4:13 PM
DoomMantia
Make Sasha great again!

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2016 at 5:46 PM
mephibosheth
Great Update CE, thanks for making us think more and keeping us interested!

Currently I just keep reading this thread for pure entertainment purposes...
(Teschio VS Loot is getting hilarious, I know you guys at CE are laughing too)

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2016 at 6:12 PM
Teschio

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2016 at 6:38 PM
Loot

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 9:21 AM
Last Edited January 24th 2016 at 9:25 AM
Roku
Out of curiosity, since crusader epics have been made into game-changers, is there any chance we'll see trinket epics boosted into game-changers at some point in the future as well? Right now they don't contribute very much to my trinket bonuses at all (most are adding less than 5% of my total). The gold and cooldown epics in particular are barely any better than their rare counterparts.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 11:08 AM
Last Edited January 24th 2016 at 12:31 PM
mephibosheth
I love the update...
I got in late on the pool party, so I didn't get much good gear for pam or siri, but that's ok, I still have fun with my "go-to" crusaders/builds/formations.

The only ideas I have for a potential neat things in the future would be:

-not having to hit the "claim" button when receiving chests in game.

-for every 25 XP pts.(or 50) any crusader gets in ONE run, they receive 1 PERMANENT XP point that stays through all resets. To put it simply, if you have the fortitude of doing a deep run of 125 hours and receive 25 XP pts, you would be awarded 1 that stays forever. I can see concerns about crusaders becoming over-powered, so I haven't thought this all the way through. I think the community would love some sort of system like that.

Hope the dev's read this, and anyone else here tell me what you think...

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 1:28 PM
Teschio
Mephibosheth, the "claim" button is annoying, but if you disable the pause on pop-ups the chest will get picked automatically after 5 seconds, without the need for a click. But yes, I agre, they could just have a quick animation for that.

The permanent XP suggestion has to be thought through. While it may reward extremely long runs, it will also be exploitable thanks to time warps. Last time I did a long run (to reach lvl 600, so I will be ready as soon as the idol shop is released) I used A LOT of time warps and had about 40 XP for each crusader, but the whole thing took me only half a day to complete.

Personally I think the most important thing will be to have those XPs actually MATTER: right now they are good for your main DPSer, and useless for every other crusader. I would actually like to see XPs and even EPs boost not raw DPS, but the signature skill of the crusaders. This way, those crusaders that have a signature skill that boosts their DPS, like Hermit or WW, will still do the same damage they do now, but all the other crusaders will improve their usefulness with EPs and XPs. This of course requires a rebalancing of the formulas (monsters need to get more HP at higher areas), but it will be a way to make good formations even more important and introduce even more versatility with formations. I will also go in the direction of the recent changes, since most crusaders have been given skill-enhancing gear.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 1:42 PM
Raymond
mephibosheth, if that xp thing were in effect then I'd have 20 people with a couple hundred permanent xp points just from my 185 days playing not to mention the tins of warps I have used.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 2:22 PM
mephibosheth
@Teschio & Raymond - valid issues on the permanent XP points. I'm a new player with only 538 idols, so most of you guys see the game WAY different than I do...
I never even thought of using time turners & quantum leaps to exploit a feature like that...

@Teschio - XP boosting the signature skill of the crusader instead of DPS is a GRRREAT idea since now it's really only valid for your main DPS'er.
The rest of the gained XP for all other crusaders is useless as you stated.
(Thats what got me thinking of my original perm. XP idea in the first place)
As of now it's a global coding system for all crusaders. I don't know how much trouble it would be to have individual coding for each crusader in regards to XP, but thats something CE should really consider, that would be lovely and most definitely well received by the community.

One of these days I will see the game in a whole new way like you guys do, I'm still a newb, but it's a great little game with room for all sorts of future implementations. It's actually fun to reset, unlike clicker heroes (IMO).