Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
New Changes! Update to Loot and Classic Crusaders Buff!

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 5:38 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ astridthecrafty: If you're on objective on a campaign you've already played, there's only a chance for bosses to drop chests the first time you kill them that play-through. There's only a guaranteed chest drop if you have a chest icon on the mini-map in the top right corner.

-

@ Loot: If you wish to discuss your purchases with us, you can put in a support ticket by following the instructions in this thread, according to where you play.

Pam wasn't "nerfed." She was released with her Epics to match the rest of the loot improvements, which we knew were coming. She's still powerful, set-up properly in formation, since she is on the 2nd spot in the Crusader line-up, which is very cheap for Crusader levels and the next step of x25 boosts.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 5:42 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Roku: Trinket values will stay where they are for now. They're balanced around the fact that players will just keep getting them and over time, that can add up to quite a lot.

-

@ mephibosheth: Thank you for the feedback and glad you like the game so far. =^.^=

We're aware that the chest claim animation is a sore point for players, and it's on our list of player suggestions to discuss.

XP is meant to be a temporary boost, if you get stuck on an objective, but I can add your general idea to our list to consider.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 7:36 PM
mephibosheth
Thanks for the reply CNE guys :)

It was Teschio's XP idea that was the truly great one:
Instead of across the board DPS boosts every 5 hours, since most players only have 1 (or sometimes 2) main DPS'ers in the party, XP that boosted the individual crusaders key abilities would be amazing.

...I can see that to be a potential coding nightmare, but you guys are smart :)

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2016 at 3:23 AM
Teschio
More than for XPs, my idea was for EPs: right now it's absolutely irrelevant for crusaders like Panda to have any EP at all... they are relevant only for DPSers. But if EPs were to boost the formation skill of different crusaders, they will become very useful. The only ones I would think of difficult to implement would be Gryphon (above 100% damage reduction, but could increase health instead, even though that comes from an item, not a skill) and Phoenix (instakill of bosses, if EPs were to increase damage)

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2016 at 11:04 AM
mephibosheth
^^^ Yesss :)

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2016 at 8:54 PM
Loot
@ Erika

When you go to a store and pay a big price for a product 2x as good as ALL the other products in the store and literally 3 days later you find all the other products are now as good as the product you bought without any price changes. Tell me honestly how you would feel and what you think of the store owner? (that product is Pam's DPS epics in this case)

Someone mentioned cellphone/computer is just like that and that's because of Moore's Law, what the reason behind what CE did in this case I wonder?

You said when you released pam's epic you knew all the other epics were going to be made twice as strong. But I didn't know that and you knew it. So I bought the items under the impression that her epics are *meant* to be twice as strong as all the other non-golden epics; had I known the coming buff, I wouldn't have bought pam's +400%s because her +400% was really +200% and my Sarah with her golden Epic would be stronger.

Why did you release pam's epic as 400% instead of 200%, why did you release a buffed version of epic without explaining and then buffed all the others? Cash-grab?

I hoped that you would say pam's dps epics were meant to be released as +200% but there was a mistake. It's not about whether pam is still powerful. It's not about refund which I don't really care.

It's about the way you sold the items and most importantly the integrity of your company.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2016 at 6:22 AM
mephibosheth
As stated before in this thread, players will find a large bordered box with a large exclamation point (that draws your eyes right to it) before you play the game & every time you refresh...

"This game is currently in beta, so formulas, abilities, and features may change dramatically from day to day. Please don't hate us."

Codename is LITERALLY telling all players to be aware (or even "beware") that the game is not finalized in any sense. Why would they make that statement?
I would guess they put it there because there is an option in this FREE game to spend actual money, and they don't want players that choose to spend actual money getting upset as they make changes to the game (hence the "please don't hate us").

Nobody that plays CotLI has any right to get upset at any changes that are made in the game. Period.

@Loot - If you have freely chosen to spend money playing a game that is free to play, I'm positive that Codename Entertainment appreciates your support.

~They might even listen to you if you changed your overall attitude~

That "Cash-grab" comment you made was actually rude. If I worked for Codename and moderated this forum, I would probably stop paying attention to anything you had to say here.
Any problems or complaints that you have about this game can be completely summed up and put to bed with one simple statement:

"This game is currently in beta, so formulas, abilities, and features may change dramatically from day to day. Please don't hate us."

Do you get it yet man? Here, I'll give you another statement that might make you undertand things better:

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2016 at 7:06 AM
Missy Lenoir
Hey, I'm enjoying the changes for the most part. I have one small issue and I'm sure it's only a small number of us - With the golden epic and the addition of Siri's girl power buff, I'm pretty much locked into Sarah. I love being able to use her, don't get me wrong, but she's got the easiest situational dps rule to fill. With the more complicated formations required by Hermit and Emo, I'd like to see them have golden epics available soon so they can have the edge they kind of deserve.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2016 at 3:36 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Missy: Thank you for the feedback. If we don't do it Golden Epic style or through another pass at loot and classic Crusader skills, then we'll probably do something for them with new Crusaders or other features.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2016 at 4:44 PM
Loot
@mephibosheth

1. There are tons of webpage games out there that are in beta forever. The fact that they tell players the game is in beta means nothing.

2. I was asking why they released pam's epic as 400% instead of 200%. As they should be consistent with the value of epic at that time. It's irrelevant whether I am upset or not. It's about the integrity of the company.

3. I wasn't asking you.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2016 at 6:50 PM
mephibosheth
@Loot

1. Oh beta does mean something, it means you run the risk of getting upset if you spend a lot of money and things don't go the way you want them to. Sound familiar? I really hope a light bulb just went off in your head, I'm making sense here.

2. They are going to run the game the way they want to run the game, and you don't know their vision for the future of the game. Most importantly, you do not need to worry about the integrity of the company, as it is not your company.

3. Fair enough, you weren't asking me, but this is an open forum. If you are discontent to the point where you start using innacurate analogies and even take it to the level of calling the dev's "cash grabbers" you have issues.
I was just trying to get you to understand the world doesn't revolve around a FREE game, and it definitely doesn't revolve around you my friend.
You aren't the only one experiencing the changes in the update, and you aren't the only one that spent lots of money on the game. You are, in fact, the only one whining and crying over a SINGLE EVENT CRUSADER. (calm chuckle)
You will more than likely be content with the future updates, just be patient.
You may have some good ideas for the game, express them here!
You may have some complaints as well, and you are free to express them also, but I would suggest a more constructive approach, your current attitude is childish.

Spoiler alert: I'm adding a fourth statement...
4. Too much negativity with you, I like optimism, so respond with another negative post if you desire. I for one will not will not engage in conversation with you any longer, it's like talking to a brick wall.
Try to go have some fun, be happy! Life is short! Oh, and grow up!

...or maybe just put Pam on the battlefield all by herself right in the middle and punch your monitor as hard as you can. That should fix your issue.

~over & out

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2016 at 3:15 PM
mephibosheth
--- My Apologies CE Mods ---

I've moderated a few gaming forums in my life and I sometimes go overboard :)

I'll leave it to you from now on haha.

Have a great day!

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2016 at 9:30 PM
Jason M. Bryant
I'm going to go ahead and say that the term "beta" does, in fact, mean nothing in this context.

"Beta" is a development term. Before a game is released, it's used to say that a game is nearly in its final form, but there's still testing to be done.

Once a game is available to the public and the developers are getting money for it (from sales, advertising, or micro-payments), then the game is released. Putting the word "beta" on it doesn't mean anything.

I'm not saying that this is a bad game. I like the game very much. I'm also not saying that they shouldn't change it. Many, many games have continued being updated for years after release. I'm not even agreeing with Loot about the changes. I'm just saying that they word "beta" doesn't give any more or less leeway. The game is available to the public and people have handed over money. That's not beta, that's released.