Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Mini Golf Zone!
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2015 at 5:09 PM
Last Edited June 5th 2015 at 5:36 PM
Erika/Alyniana

Take your mini golf to a whole new level! In its own private zone!

Read the blog for all the exciting details!

---
Post your questions and comments here!
Lvl 305 "Summer Saver"
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2015 at 6:46 PM
Eric Kuritzky
What are the prerequisites for Gilmore showing up? Do you just need a lumber mill for him to show up near to?
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 12:29 AM
Bluji
I remember suggesting a mini golf quest for the Summer Sports Event earlier back in the spring - but this is so much better! I haven't checked the Mini Golf Zone yet, but it would be really cool if you added a developers' golf course somewhere for us to get some inspiration (and practice?), perhaps :)

By the way, the link to the forums in the blog is broken. It links back to the blog post itself.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 6:55 AM
Flybaby
Bluji, you can visit dev. Justin's golf course by visiting the top rated courses.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 7:12 AM
Last Edited June 6th 2015 at 8:06 AM
Flybaby
I'd like to decorate my course, but my inventory and storage are not showing all of my items. Unfortunately, I only have a choice of a few.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 8:51 AM
Bluji
"Bluji, you can visit dev. Justin's golf course by visiting the top rated courses."

Oh, that's cool. As I said, I hadn't checked it before posting :P
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 11:00 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Eric: Ranch bought and Lumber Mill built. Blog has been updated with that.

@ Bluji: Glad you like the idea! Justin's course is currently on the top rated, which you can play from Kong because mini golf isn't restricted by gaming site meaning you can play anyone's anywhere if it's public through the random course button or if they are top rated. Also, link in blog is now fixed.

@ Flybaby: For now, you can only place mini golf pieces and select outdoorsy items. We may expand the decorations available.

Enjoy!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 11:09 AM
Flybaby
Thanks Erika, you are always so good about answering our questions. I am looking forward to creating my golf course. What I love about this game is that there is always new content being added to keep the game interesting.
Lvl 400 "Savior of Sanctuary"
227 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 6:46 PM
Leona Virgo
why wasn't the gnomes considered for in the golf course area?
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 8:34 PM
Alexis
I had been trying to build the golf course on my ranch but ran out of room. However, I have several pieces I put down and I can't get them back into inventory so I can use them on the golf course. Help?
24 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2015 at 10:18 AM
Last Edited June 7th 2015 at 12:33 PM
NoOneOnEarth
So is it just me or do I start noticing the problems with golfing only now ever since it existed?

Like these:
1) Some pieces can only exist as one meaning once it's in your hands you can't purchase another one from the store, like the volcano piece and the S-shaped green ramp piece.
2) The off course message may sometimes show even though the ball is still in course. (I don't quite know what triggers this)
3) The supposedly low boundaries of the course is actually quite high (I was about to design something to let the ball fly over the boundary but couldn't do so as the ball couldn't fly over it).
4) There's no piece that allows a 90 degrees turn like this: http://i.imgur.com/sQkvHOv.jpg?1
5) For some reason, my ball can still enter the hole even though the turkey buried its head in.

It's still fine overall, and man that golf course is huge.
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2015 at 2:46 PM
Marci Wilson
My question for those who have already been collecting pieces for a while, once you are done with missions for the golf guy, what's the better choice, take the starter kit or the Bush Bucks?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2015 at 3:20 PM
Raymond
is that a serious question?
some golf pieces, or a lot of bush bucks.
the bb number i'll leave you guessing
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2015 at 5:03 PM
Jo Helmers
of course i went looking for the course, not realising that you have to go back to the guy in the commons to play. Could he be moved to our ranch after we have done the quest?
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2015 at 4:14 AM
DestKitteh
You could get BBs from the guy? He only offered me the starter kit.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2015 at 5:05 AM
Russel Denton
I only go the starter kit, wheres my BB'S or is it a possible bug
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2015 at 6:13 AM
Raymond
you should have gotten a choice and chosen one or the other. If you chose the starter pack then you must have chosen not to get the bb's.
But perhaps if you don'tt have everything, including perhaps the golf thing one could have bought from that person on amicus next to the dude (the 3 way piece I think), then you might not have been given the option for bb's. The wording I saw said something like, "it seems you have the things of the golf starter set, do you want more or something else instead."
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2015 at 7:58 AM
Matthew Kliparchuk
odd I just completed the putters and had the choice between starter kit and BB.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2015 at 9:15 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Everyone,

The Bush Bucks award was an option if you had previously bought any of the mini golf pieces from the Amicus Isle vendor or when they were prizes in last year's Summer Sports event, because we didn't want players to feel like they wasted Bush Bucks now that we're unlocking the starter pieces with a quest.

Erika

@ Leona: We just released a selection of outdoor pieces for players to decorate with. We might add items that are frequently requested to the store as well.

@ Alexis: If you are in build mode and click on the arrow into a box image, when you click on anything it will return to your inventory. If they are behind your house, go into the house and then into build mode and you can grab them through the back wall.

@ Jo: For the foreseeable future, you will need to talk to Gilmore in the Commons, or you can return to your own course from visiting a friend's course.

@ NoOne: Thanks for the thoughts. I will put them on my lists.
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2015 at 1:02 PM
Marci Wilson
Sorry Raymond, I had not turned in the quest yet and did not know if there were any special golf plots included... but I ended up choosing the BB... and yeah.. it would have been very silly of me to get the starter kit...