Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Costs too much to upgrade equipment

206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2014 at 11:42 PM
Kathy Jacobs
I was part of the alpha. I'll admit that during the alpha, I didn't pay much attention to how much it cost to upgrade equipment on myself and my companions. That was because I could always use stamina to upgrade things.

Now that I am playing the beta, I am finding that it costs WAY too much to upgrade equipment. It isn't the individual attempts that cost so much. It is the number of attempts it takes.

I am currently playing a level 20 wizard. Most of my players equipment is at level 19. My companions have equipment at level 17 and 18. It takes so many attempts to upgrade one piece of equipment one level that I am stuck in everything else. I can't easily make progress in the arena, the game challenges, or the hall of trials.

Is this bothering anyone else? Better question: Has anyone else found a way to upgrade equipment in a reasonable number of clicks? (Say 3 or 4 attempts apiece instead of 10 or 15)

Kathy - player
Kathina - wizard

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 3:35 AM
Last Edited December 1st 2014 at 3:36 AM
Sils
I'd get a few levels first before enchanting equipment any further. The higher in level you are, the higher the chance you have of enchanting gear to a certain point. At a player level of 30, +10 gear still has a 100% chance to enchant, and +20 gear has a 50% chance. For anything below 30%, I'd use runes.

As for companions, I'd hold off on them for a couple levels, too. They don't scale as well as your character does and you can't use runes to help make the process cheaper, so it's an expensive and unrewarding adventure. At your level, I'd be constantly looking for new and better gear and enchant it to a reasonable amount (say, +10 to +15), and spend my extra gold on guild skills. I'd also look for a guild with a reasonably active guild chat that can help you with questions like these on the fly!

Remember to do as much as you can every day, especially the multiplayer dungeons and Hall of Trials for all the XP! You'll find a different gold sink that will hopefully be more rewarding for you at level 24 -- the shard quarry. I'd recommend pumping coins into that until you have two +4 or +5 epic shards (preferred are Ability Power and Health for wizards).

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 3:51 AM
Andaho
In Alpha, the free shardium we received every day, was giving us a 'boosted' experience of playing as a premium heavily paying player.

Enchanting items was always intended to be difficult/costly. But yes, as Sils says, as you level up, the percentage change to enchant raises.

Most level 30 players (the current max level) have a full set of enchanted to level 30 items... sure it cost a lot! the luck runes help... but it's not supposed to be easy to enchant them to max level.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 4:29 AM
TsukasaWM
That, and really once you hit 30 there's not really much else to be spending money at that point other then enchanting and mining.

206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 9:15 AM
Kathy Jacobs
All good points - and things I appreciate all of you sharing how to get past it. I am still of the mind that it costs too much time and gold to do it. It will keep not so dedicated players from continuing to play.

Since I can only play on weekends now that I am back to work, this is the biggest thing keeping me from enjoying the game.

Just my two cents.... take or leave as desired.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 11:57 AM
TsukasaWM
Oh I can totally understand that. I think the important thing to remember too with these types of games, especially as more features get added, as that you don't have to do everything. I've been trying to stay on top of everything so far but it's definitely a commitment. Don't be afraid to pick one area of the game, like the campaign, arena or Hall of Trials and just focus on that. Thus far nothing is limited by time so you have all the time and the world to spend on doing stuff. Trust me, it gets boring once you finish everything and are just waiting around for new content.

206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 8:31 PM
Kathy Jacobs
Here's an example: I just blew through 60K+ in gold trying to upgrade one piece of my equipment 1 level. (Yeah - 20+ clicks and no enchantment while trying to move a L19 enchantment to a L20 enchantment.)

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2014 at 9:46 AM
Andaho
Kathy, have you discovered any luck runes yet? - If you really want to enchant equipment to the max level, you're going to waste a LOT of money if you don't use a good (>50%) luck rune.