Codename Entertainment
Upgrade Auto Attack please

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2014 at 8:39 PM
Last Edited November 29th 2014 at 8:40 PM
VDBai
Primarily for Warrior/Ranger Scaling.
It can't compare with Wizard.

Also at later levels it can't compare at all, falling off against Firebolt, Strike, and Magic Arrow.

I really like Auto-Attack and would like it to have more viability in builds.

+1

20 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2014 at 11:14 PM
Declan
"Give us auto-attack or give us death"

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2014 at 11:20 PM
Last Edited November 30th 2014 at 11:29 PM
Sils
It goes beyond just auto-attacks!

Almost every ability a wizard has scales better than the similar abilities of other classes, it's a tad insulting to anyone who doesn't pick a wizard.

But yeah, I agree that at future stages of the game, auto-attacks fall off completely to the three energy-generating skills (ranks 11-15 mostly). It would be great if auto-attacks could keep viability at levels beyond 30, but currently that doesn't look to be the case.

As I've said many times ingame, it's in the devs' best interest to rework classes and make more defined, unique, and *balanced* classes for their players. Currently we have wizards who get a ton of utility in their skills and a ton of extra scaling at absolutely no trade-off, and we have warriors at the bottom with 4 abilities that scale off their non-existent Ability Power starting at rank 5, and generally useless rank 5/10/15 bonuses on their skills. Tied with their poor scaling, it makes it pointless for warriors to ever put points into skills. This will screw them over bigtime when the max level is higher.

I'd be fine with wizards and rangers doing more damage than warriors, if there was any semblance of a trade-off taking place. This can only be accomplished with a total skill overhaul, I'm sad to say. Why not give rangers crit-oriented and combo-oriented skills and passives, removing the tanky passives for ones that will help them with that. Why not do a similar thing for wizards, except give them passives that add more utility? Then, the warriors can become the weak-but-tanky class while the other two rely on mechanics like dodges and slows/stuns to survive, but also have higher damage outputs?