Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Guys Beta Testing =/= Early Access

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 8:00 AM
TsukasaWM
I realize this might not be the most popular opinion, and I don't want to start any fights but I feel like I have to say this. I've been seeing a lot of complaints recently about there not being any new content released. I think some of you, not all, but some are losing perspective on the purpose of beta testing. This is not a live game yet, it's in beta testing. The purpose of beta testing is not to have a bunch of fun, new content. It's to test the game and offer feedback and find any bugs, problems or imbalances.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it isn't fair to be frustrated. I know some of the alpha testers were disappointed that not much of anything new was added to beta, but that's how the development process works. Your purpose as an Alpha/Beta tester isn't just to have the luxury of playing the game the getting a head start on everyone, it's to help the developers test the game and get things straightened out so when the game goes live everyone can have as much fun as possible.

Is the game right now boring and repetitive? Yeah. It's also not finished, not is it a game that's been out for a number of months and has had time to add several new updates and features. Additionally it's not a not a game that has a full blown team with dozens of developers.

http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=staff

That's the current staff who also have to keep on top of EBA and BW2 across multiple platforms. Personally, I've done game development before and I think it's amazing that they've done this much with so little on top of handling 2 other active games.

Am I saying people aren't allowed to be frustrated? No at all. Am I saying people can't have their doubts? No way. Don't get me wrong, first impressions go a long way for game development and losing a bunch of people to boredom isn't helping. But that's what beta testing is, it's boring and repetitive. If that's not something you want to deal with, then you should probably take a break until the game is fully released. If the same problems still exist then, that yeah, that's a completely different situation, but at this point in development what's happened so far is pretty much par.