Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Devs....We're Curious

92 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2014 at 10:30 AM
Defiar
Dear Devs,

First, thank you for designing this game and for allowing us to play it while you work out the kinks. Sometimes Kitty logs on and we harass her with questions and concerns etc. and that has to be overwhelming. I know we ca't really have update notes right now because you are working on so many things so quickly, but I do have a request.

Would it be possible for you to have a thread where you just post the following:
1) What major things you are working on (daily? every other day?)
2) Any bigger changes you have implemented (we think we fixed the desert MP!)
3) Anything you would like us to look for.

We only ask because we take so much interest in the game and in what you are working on.

Thanks,

Defiar (hopefully not stepping out of line by saying "we")

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2014 at 12:20 PM
Andaho
+1

A lot of people are asking if this game is going anywhere? - Having played BW2 for over 2 years, I try to assure them you're a really good game dev company that provide regular updates to their games and are really good at keeping in touch with their players... But as time passes and nothing happens, they are losing faith...

A changelog updated every few days, like you had in Alpha, would reassure a lot of players that aren't sure if they want to keep playing... Most of the K+ newbies have already given up and quit the game, which is a shame.

(For those reading this that don't know what K+ is; it's Kongregate players that have premium membership. They are the only Kongregate players that can access the game at the moment, while it's in Beta, apart from those like myself, who played in Alpha).

I understand most of what you are doing right now is still tracking down and fixing bugs... but, as Defair said, it would satisfy our curiosity if we had an idea of what was being worked on.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2014 at 12:32 PM
TsukasaWM
That and I've seen a few people complaining that it feels like you've abandoned BW2, since there's been hardly interactions on the game forum over there.

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2014 at 9:05 PM
VDBai
80% of K+ players have dropped out at this point unfortunately.

I quote my friend's reasoning "I don't have faith in the developers to put out new content in a timely fashion".

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 8:16 AM
Ortopsy Miza
i agree... +1

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2014 at 6:48 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Hey folks. We hear you and we've posted a summary of what we're working on at http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=9862.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 5:04 AM
Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Buday
BW2 seems to be going on, really it seems pretty complete on the whole, some town changes coming like the sky scraper they ask about the festival stuff. Kongregate, can't remember the last time I was there. It seem a little unfair to say they are ignoring you just because they spend time working on it and not talking about it.