Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Enchanting Items

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2014 at 7:59 AM
Peter Devonish
Is it really necessary and if so can something be done about the cost of enchanting items

92 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2014 at 6:50 PM
Defiar
Cost isn't to bad as you go on. The chances of success increase as you level higher. Basically, the closer the item is to your current level, the worse the chance of success.

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2014 at 8:41 PM
sunnydee
I agree Peter, I never have enough gold to keep up with enchanting, I find that I enchant one piece of equipment to a maximum level and the next day I find equipment that is better and have to start all over again. After leveling companions to level 15 and their equipment I have not been able to enchant them any higher as they level. Where is all the gold? :)

45 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2014 at 3:39 PM
trish_l
Yeah, the enchanting percent gets better for lower levels so you can push gear up to replace the old stuff without wasting too much gold. You just have to make sure you levy taxes, are doing all 20 arena battles and have the town hall and gold mine built up.

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2014 at 4:34 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
We're going to be watching enchanting costs pretty closely. Throughout alpha everyone had copious amounts of Shardium, so it wasn't really an issue. We think it's pretty good right now, as you can usually get items within a couple levels of max without too much trouble, but we'll continue to monitor it as the game matures.

438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2014 at 5:07 PM
Marci Wilson
I find myself sitting out for a day or two after leveling as a way to build up enough gold to enchant my gear without completely tapping myself out... I am finding that if I enter a new area without all gear completely enchanted it is tough to get through, if I get through...

Of course, once my gear is up to level, I can manage alright, but then I level and it become a rinse and repeat type of situation.

I love this game, but the rate at which the odds to enchant decreases with each success is very difficult in the lower levels, especially when the gold mine is not able to be built yet. It is especially painful to enchant companion gear, as there is no way to use a luck stone, provided any can be found. I think I found more in levels 1-6 than I have found since level 10. At times I almost hope and pray that I get gear in my chests and loot bags that are meant for the other character classes, just so I can sell it off and at least get some gold so that I might have enough to take another chance to try and successfully enchant an item.

438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2014 at 4:15 PM
Marci Wilson
Case in point, I just spent 100k to enchant three companion items from level 17 to level 18... please at least adjust the cost and rate of success on companion gear.. it costs WAY TOO MUCH to level up companion gear! If that cannot be done, at least make it possible to apply a luck stone to them...

I am finding myself spending every session just trying to level up gear, running out of gold and replaying old missions just so I can earn gold and not get killed before the end of mission.

92 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2014 at 7:56 PM
Defiar
Companion items are a bit difficult despite the percentage chance being better for comparable levels (I think), but we can't use luck stones to boost. That addition would be worthwhile for controlling costs of enchanting companions.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 16th 2014 at 5:07 AM
Elharith
I like the idea of being able to use luck stones on companion gear. That is the biggest handicap to have them be effective companions. Otherwise, I only try twice on any given piece of equipment when enchanting before I quit attempts for that particular day/piece. I find that oftentimes when I go back to it, it enchants reasonably fine. In addition, for me, luck stones fall with pretty good frequency when smashing things. If you are relying on end-of-mission rewards, that is not the place to get them. Unless I am doing an attempt to get 3 stars on time, I smash everything.

48 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2014 at 11:10 AM
Andrew Comerford
To be honest, I'm at the end of my tether.

I keep being killed off and told to upgrade, but my gold is vanishing on failed upgrades, i.e. I can only survive by spending gold I don't have.

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!

92 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2014 at 11:24 AM
Defiar
Andrew - Have you used luck stones? Not saying enchanting isn't annoying. It is. Just curious if you tried luck stones or if you can repeat some lower level missions to build up your level.

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2014 at 4:47 PM
Darcy Legare
I totally agree that the companion odds to enchant are completely out of whack. i only enchant the items to about 15 or so and only enchant the ancient elven Armour as i know i will not replace it. as far as i can tell the odds for companions enchantment is just as horrible at the higher levels as it is for my avatar. at a 5% chance of enchantment it is useless to even bother as it is closer to 0%.