Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
No Easter Event This Year??

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 15th 2014 at 6:31 AM
Darrah Fry
Easter is in 5 days! Are we not getting an event this year? But....but Egg Breaker is about EGGS! And eggs are a part of Easter! Please put up the event.

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 16th 2014 at 10:34 PM
Janna Carwile
I'm glad you did this to remind them. I love the Easter Event for all the colorful designed eggs.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2014 at 5:37 AM
Darrah Fry
It's up now. I guess I was impatient, lol.

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2014 at 6:51 PM
Caren Katsmom
It's up, but it's only running for TEN DAYS??? Why are all the other Easter events running for two weeks, but the EB 1 event is only for 10 days?? This is a very tough event to complete. DJArts -- please explain why it's been cut short!

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2014 at 6:57 PM
Caren Katsmom
Also... Why am I unable to post for help with Easter Eggs, with the message "Sorry, this feature no longer works. :(" -- but a friend of mine IS able to post for help with his Easter Eggs, and I was able to give him that help? I figured out my own "ask for help" link, DJArts. It sure looks like you want me to pay money instead.

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2014 at 9:17 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)
Hi Caren,

There were originally two place to help, the second one is included inside the actual Easter Egg hunt area, and may still generate help requests.

While we understand that you are a dedicated Egg Breaker 1 player, and we definitely value that, the decision was made several years ago to end production on the title which means bug fixes are no longer being done at this time.

We are able to repeat events, but no other additional support for the game will occur: the game must be played as is.

Thank you again for your continued support!

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2014 at 3:30 AM
Caren Katsmom
Thank you for your reply, Chloe. I understand all that. But why is the event only running for 10 days instead of 14 days this year??? That was a mistake, not a bug... wrong dates put in THIS year for an annual event. Also, no... the option to post to friends inside the Easter Egg hunt area doesn't work for me, either... yet for my friend (again), all posting options DO work. How can this be a "bug" when the game states that this option "no longer works" -- but it DOES work for selected players only? For these reasons, as well as the fact that every day the majority of my eggs from the Easter Monkey are duplicates -- I won't be spending a cent on the event to complete it. I'm very disappointed.

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2014 at 10:29 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)
I'm sorry you feel that way Caren, and while we definitely understand why it's frustrating, we had to make the decision to not fix or investigate any issues like that. The reality is that as these games get older, as it is not feasible to retroactively update all of the code to keep up with the changes that Facebook has made through out the years, they will continue to break and be unfixable.

The alternative is to simply not run the events at all, but we know players enjoy them, even as they become more complicated to try and complete. As for the event length, we do occasionally change up the length of the event, and in this case, we didn't see a point to having the event run so many weeks past when Easter actually occurred.

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2014 at 3:53 PM
Caren Katsmom
I would have enjoyed the EB 1 Easter event if it had been done fairly. You didn't see the point in having the Easter event run after Easter? The event in EB 2 started about the same time, and is running for the full two weeks -- and will still be running after the EB 1 event is shut down early! I don't need the extra time in EB 2... completed that one already and it WAS enjoyable.

Everything works against the player in the EB 1 event - resulting in pure frustration and a constant feeling of being cheated. If you weren't going to run it the whole two weeks, it would have been nice if (at least) the Easter Monkey gave us NEW eggs instead of one duplicate after another. :(

Do the right thing, DJArts. Extend the time for the EB 1 event to the full two weeks, and give loyal players a CHANCE to complete it.

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2014 at 8:57 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)
Hi Caren,

I spoke with Justin this morning, and we've agreed to change the end time, so that it is (roughly) in line with the other events, so that you and other EB1 players will have some additional time to find those eggs. Unfortunately, we cannot change the randomness of the eggs which the Easter Monkey brings, but hopefully with the additional days, you will be able to complete the event!

Thanks for playing!

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2014 at 5:00 PM
Caren Katsmom
Thank you, Chloe and DJArts! :)

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2014 at 2:20 PM
Caren Katsmom
The Easter event ended at reset this morning, but so far the awards, trophies, etc. haven't been given. Why is there a delay?

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2014 at 2:35 PM
Kittychix (Chloe)
Ribbons are awarded only if you were upgrading from a previously earned ribbon lastt year. Otherwise, prizes are awarded in the first few eggs you'll break now that the event has finished!

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2014 at 5:44 PM
Caren Katsmom
D'oh! :) I forgot about that. Yes, that did the trick.