Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
New Event: April Fools Mini Challenge Event!

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 1st 2014 at 9:57 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)

Hi Breakers! We heard your feedback from the Monkey Games, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us! The Challenge Mini Event Monkey is back again, and is here spreading the joys of the practical joker - but wait, what's this??

Hey you!! Wait! Where are you going with that egg…!!!

This mini event will run until April 8, 2014 until Noon PDT.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 1st 2014 at 7:34 PM
Deb Goulden Kendall
I do not understand the object of this event.. there are not instructions... the points are hard to come by.. I just do not get what you do with the points after you do get them??????

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 2nd 2014 at 1:04 PM
Kittychix (Chloe)
Hi Deb!

Sorry for the confusion :)

The Mini Challenge Events function very similarly to the normal Challenges, but are based around a specific theme. The challenges arrive in special Red Challenge Eggs (with the !) on them. They will show up only during these events, and replace all of the normal purple challenge eggs until you complete all the challenges. (They also appear a little more frequently.)

You then spend the tokens you've earned at the Mini Event Challenge Monkey (she's pictured in the image above your post), and you can by 12 prizes that way, at a cost of 2 tokens per prize.

There are also 3 rare prizes that you can earn through specific challenges, and they include a trophy room item, a hat and a hammer.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 2nd 2014 at 3:17 PM
Deb Goulden Kendall
Thank you for the information.. I will give it a go :)

79 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 3rd 2014 at 2:53 AM
Damah Cat
Chloe I'm finding the event really difficult.
I see a few monkeys but often they just zap across and are gone. Not even time to hit a star.
As for the chickens, super rare. Usually you can get help with multipliers but they don't seem to be helping much.

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 3rd 2014 at 1:24 PM
Kittychix (Chloe)
The monkey who steals your egg is only a trickster - hitting him is not mandatory unless he's got an egg you really want! You don't get any benefit by not getting the egg back, nor get one BY hitting him!

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 6th 2014 at 3:58 AM
Deb Goulden Kendall
I agree with Damah Cat... I have gotten everything I can buy with tokens now down to the win only prizes.. you only give an hour, you set the limit high, do not give many chickens and make it impossible for you to win all unless you spend money... I will not be finishing the event because I am not going to spend money especially when the prize in the end may only be a stupid trophy... at least make it so the prize improves my game. Sorry not happy with this at all.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 6th 2014 at 4:16 AM
Deb Goulden Kendall
Also.. as an addendum to what I said above.. depending on which stage you are on in your own personal game.. finishing these events are increasingly harder if you are only on Normal Stage-Stage 1 as opposed to Gold Stage - Stage 9... in the beginning stages you have less hammers therefore crack less eggs with each allotment.. Someone in the upper stages gets more hammers, possibility of a higher number of multipliers .. therefore a better chance of completion. The thieving monkeys as well are only good if they appear before a person has a chance to clear the board with a star or before they hit the auto-play.. again, I am not sure this was well thought out. If you doom someone to failure they will not want to play your game... we come to play for enjoyment and challenge... not to raise our frustration levels. As it is the lack of progression in the game moving from monkey stage to monkey stage is frustrating, when you complete a monkey's stages the only thing you have to show for it is what you cash out.. going in the the next monkey you basically start all over again... and even if you get a bunch of hammers and stars to take with you, cracking only three eggs, using one star at a time to clear the board will take you forever. Sorry to rant but again.. the game gives frustration.. I am not a quitter but I find in a lot of cases the enjoyment I get from this game is sinking fast.

79 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 6th 2014 at 5:43 AM
Damah Cat
Deb I think some of us just stopped trying. Sadly a wasted game due to how difficult it was.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 6th 2014 at 1:21 PM
Deb Goulden Kendall
Sadly I agree Damah Cat and I am not playing anymore either. :( Trying to decide whether to continue with the game - period!

79 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 7th 2014 at 4:39 AM
Damah Cat
Deb have you finished each individual monkey?
Have you opened all the rooms?
That's what I did while waiting for the last (space) monkey.
The hardest part is deciding what to move into each room.

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 7th 2014 at 9:42 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)
Thank you for your feedback Damah and Deb, we really appreciate and value your thoughts!