Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Stuck in the Ruins After Completing Stage 6

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 19th 2013 at 12:54 AM
Caren Katsmom
I've completed all stages of the Ruins, but it looks like I'll be stuck here for a very long time in the future. Purchasing all the Store items required for the Ruins takes an enormous amount of Ruins tokens. I've only been able to collect enough tokens to buy half of them. I noticed very quickly, when I first started playing this area, that the game wasn't awarding Ruins tokens (or very few). I thought that as I progressed in stages, the awards of tokens would greatly increase. Well, that never happened. At the rate I'm collecting Ruins tokens, it will take me (playing daily) months to buy the rest of the Store items.

The same goes for the Rare Wins in the Ruins. The game has given me a total of 2 out of the 6 required for area completion. At this rate, it will take me (playing daily) months to win the last 4 Rare Wins needed to complete the Ruins area.

If that's the way it's supposed to be, then I guess I'll remain stuck here for months; but I didn't have this problem in the earlier game areas. It's going to be very boring to replay the Ruins stages for months, just to collect thousands of Ruins tokens and 4 more Rare Wins.

DJArts and/or experienced players... is this normal for the Ruins? Does everyone get stuck there? Is this done to pressure players to spend money on the game, in order to make progress? I'll try to be patient, but it's not going to be easy.

437 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 19th 2013 at 6:00 AM
Colleen Gillan
Are you using your mutlipliers? Try hitting every gold egg with a multiplier.

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 19th 2013 at 11:38 PM
Caren Katsmom
Yes, absolutely, I hit every gold egg with a multiplier if I have one. Thank you for reminding me of a source of great irritation. The majority of my gold eggs contain 1 or 2 Gold. Seriously, DJArts??? At this level, when it takes a fortune in tokens to buy store items -- Why do my Gold eggs never contain TOKENS? My Gold eggs sometimes contain Star pieces (though rarely if I use a multiplier), and (also very irritating) multiple stage-specific items -- but I'm only allowed to keep ONE. Grrrr... So I'm back to asking... is this normal? If others are getting Ruins Tokens in their Gold eggs, then why aren't I getting them, too?

426 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2013 at 9:57 AM
Ken Layden
I am sorry to hear that you have been frustrated. It does sound like you have a had a run of bad luck. The game will be more likely to reward you with a Rare win if you use large multipliers. Keep trying and hopefully you'll get a string of good luck.

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 17th 2013 at 8:16 PM
Last Edited October 17th 2013 at 8:23 PM
Caren Katsmom
This is an update to my original post. It's about one month later, and I'm STILL stuck in the Ruins. I've played the game every single day. I managed to gather enough Ruins tokens to purchase all the store items... but the game refuses to give me the ONE LAST RARE WIN I need to move forward in the game. The gold eggs are an enormous disappointment. Ken Layden... I've used all kinds of multipliers, including very large ones. I only get "rewarded" with more gold, and rarely with star pieces. Talk about "rare" -- Ruins tokens are extremely rare in gold eggs. I'm using Monkey Break tokens now to break the eggs, but I have to tell you honestly: I'm bored with this game. It's gotten really old, trying day after day after day to get that one last Ruins area "rare item" and I'm close to quitting. "Rare" shouldn't mean "impossible." Please make some changes in this game, DJArts!

EDIT: ROFL... after posting this, I went to play the game and... SHOCKER... the first Monkey Break brought me the long-sought final "rare win" I needed to finally escape The Ruins! I'm FREE! :)

Now I'm going to complain about the MAP PRIZES. I think I won one time since I started playing, maybe twice. There are never enough map pieces given in game play. Ironically, in Egg Breaker 1, I always win the map prize -- sometimes within one or two days.

82 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2013 at 3:58 PM
Caren Katsmom
I finally won a map prize -- Hooray! :)