Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5
The Mystery of the Creepy Tower
679 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th 2013 at 3:52 PM
jpl77
@ken any reward is better than nothing, but I do agree with Janusz that the prize wasn't big enough considering it was only a time reward. I do understand that it can't be too big as it would offset or give an advantage to the low level players.

That being said, for future 1 time rewards have it scalable to the level the player is OR, and I would PREFER this option, in so much as having a smaller reward but allow us players to continually solve the slider as a weekly quest reward BW 1 style.
Lvl 400 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 15th 2013 at 7:12 AM
Andrew Comerford
Can I stop my quest bar nagging me about it ?
Lvl 386 "Brewmaster"
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 15th 2013 at 7:17 AM
Jill K
I've always hated slider puzzles and lacked patience for them. I did solve the 24 piece puzzle though. I don't know if the numbers are randomized but on my board I noticed there were a couple sequential numbers in both the top and bottom rows. First I put the bottom row in order, then the top, and worked downward from there. It seems to help to take squares on the long way around to get to where they need to go because the short way will often mess everything up. I didn't expect to be able to solve it, so I didn't take step-by-step notes.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 15th 2013 at 9:07 AM
Ken Layden
@Jason - I think your suggestions are solid. We certainly want every player to feel rewarded appropriately especially when they complete a puzzle.

The amount of feedback we have received has been tremendous and we thank you guys for that.
Lvl 260 "Diamond Finder"
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 15th 2013 at 10:02 AM
tabzilla
I just want to say that I have always loved slider puzzles, I did the one in BW1 daily until I completed the game, and I enjoyed the ones on this quest. I would appreciate a repeatable slider puzzle quest à la BW1, although I seem to be in the minority.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2013 at 9:25 AM
Darcy Henslin Duchatschek
I probably will not continue with this story line. I never did well with slider puzzles. I always took them apart to solve them. I'll just go back to the regular story line. Thanks.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2013 at 10:55 AM
Andrew Comerford
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've never completed a slider puzzle, and don't know anyone who has. If this is how these side-quests are going to progress, I want nothing to do with them.

Sorry developers, you f*cked up royally on this one.
Post by Andrew Comerford deleted August 16th 2013 at 2:35 PM
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2013 at 12:22 PM
Joe Gosselin
well, just leave the puzzle and finish the mini-story, the chest don't give any unique Customisation Items, but stuff you can find by other ways (gold and gems). Can always go back to complete it another time.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2013 at 2:35 PM
Andrew Comerford
No, I'm talking about the tower entrance - I'm not interested in the quest any more, and just want to remove it from my list.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2013 at 6:23 PM
deblev53
I love slider puzzles and was so happy to see the second one that I did it before the jigsaw, lol.Reading all the remarks made me realize they're definitely not liked by everyone and made me feel bad about getting a reward that some didn't, may be gold and gems but that's a big part of the game.I was wondering if you decide to use sliders again could you maybe give a choice of a special jigsaw and the slider. If some could choose the jigsaw at least everyone would get the reward.Sorry, I'm a "everyone wins" sort. Anyway just a thought. Happy whacking to all. :)
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2013 at 1:12 AM
Andrew Comerford
Not a bad idea at all, DL.

Why not, say, Bush Bucks for completing the sliders, and a smaller prize for us lesser mortals who choose an alternative route ?

They may as well have stopped the game entirely as making a slider the only way forward.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2013 at 9:09 AM
Ruth Orozco
I think a lot of people aren't giving themselves enough credit--the small slider is very "doable". It does require a little patience, but I like having a little challenge in these side quests. The large slider is crazy hard (I think), but I'm going to whittle away at it just for the sense of completion. And Jill's comment about 8 posts up is very true and, I think, helpful.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2013 at 12:07 PM
Andrew Comerford
I remember a, 'Simple,'sliding puzzle kicking around our living-room for three years before being,'Lost,' when we moved house - none of us admitted to owning it.

And - before you say it - no, it isn't rocket science. I can UNDERSTAND rocket science, I haven't a clue about sliding puzzles.
Post by Andrew Comerford deleted August 17th 2013 at 12:08 PM
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2013 at 4:02 PM
Ruth Orozco
LOL...yeah, it's funny how some parts of our brain are so functional and others are, well...not.
I used to be able to explain DNA replication quite succinctly (long ago), but try to teach me about physics and my head explodes...
Lvl 428 "Nate's Apprentice"
26 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2013 at 11:40 PM
Lorrita Morgan
In BW1 I paid to solve the first slider. The big slider is still unsolved because I never found a pay to solve option for it.

I am abandoning the quest, but not the game. My brain doesn't solve slider puzzles or Rubik's cube.
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 19th 2013 at 9:28 AM
Last Edited August 19th 2013 at 9:29 AM
Ken Layden
@Andrew- I appreciate that you gave your opinion but please keep your posts polite. Swearing at developers isn't a good way to portray your point of view about the game.
I'm really pleased to see so much feedback and again really appreciate everyone's thoughts on the matter.
123 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2013 at 8:23 AM
Theana Elizabeth Dalton
hi i was wondering if thier is a leaver some were the creepy tower is near it or on it i have done the small slider puzzle and then re did it but the inspector is not saying anything just the question mark please let me know if thier is a leaver if you look at the puzzle as 245687 then you will see what the picture is
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2013 at 10:16 AM
Ken Layden
There is no lever to open the creepy tower. If you solved the puzzle then an entrance door to the tower should appear and a gold question mark above the inspector. If you did solve the puzzle but the door didn't appear and the inspector isn't saying anything then I would try refreshing your browser. If that doesn't help and you have solved the puzzle then I would send in a support ticket.