Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Kongregate prefered advantage unfair
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 3rd 2013 at 7:53 AM
Last Edited April 16th 2013 at 8:39 AM
jpl77
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Energy#WikiaArticleComments

Users are commenting that energy drinks are giving +300% energy in Armor Games version of BW2, but the facebook users only get +%250 energy purchasing the equivalent item.

I only play the facebook version, and do not play on Kongregate or Armor Games, but I feel all versions of the game should be exactly the same.

Otherwise, Armor Games version has an advantage on the leader board.
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 3rd 2013 at 12:32 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
Hi Jason,

The way that the energy delivered from energy drinks is distributed is actually different on Facebook and Kongregate and Armor Games. The energy adjusts level-by-level on Facebook, whereas on Kongregate or Armor Games the energy doles out at 750 to start and every 30 levels increases by 100% (So 1500 at level 30, 2250 at level 60, etc.) This ends up working out so that players regularly purchasing energy get roughly the same amount of energy regardless of whether they're on Facebook or Kong/Armor Games. So while the systems are different, they are roughly equivalent, and the pricing on any given platform doesn't give a particular advantage over the others.
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 3rd 2013 at 1:19 PM
DrumGuy
AG could actually use an advantage in the leaderboard, since FB and KG ha dthe game available a whole year before AG.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 3rd 2013 at 4:53 PM
jpl77
Ty
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 4th 2013 at 2:58 AM
jpl77
Going to update the wiki to reflect this :)
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2013 at 8:49 AM
Kate (aquafishy)
I am not pleased about this at all. I don't mind losing spots on the leaderboard to people who are playing with the same dice as me, but I do mind losing spots to people who are playing by a different set of rules. This is *not* evening out over the long run, at least it does not appear to be doing so for the top 10 spots. My ranking is continually draining away, no matter what steps I do to prevent the users from other platforms from jumping over me. Unless they are spending a LOT of money on the game, I question the fairness of the system. Noemi, please look at my activity this past months and look at the bush bucks I have had to spend to stay in place. This needs fixing. Separating the leader boards, fixing the disadvantage, or refunding my money would be several ways to do so.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2013 at 7:43 PM
jpl77
I'm sorry but, looking at how much someone like Aqua has dropped in rank in just a day or two is kinda crazy. The steady Top 3 are now in the sights of rapid risers on the Rankings board. Without calling into question the integrity of other players, it seems hard to justify the advancement, unless as Aqua says someone is dropping heavy $$.
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2013 at 10:05 AM
Noemi Pomerleau
Hey Aqua, Jason,

Thanks for the additional information. We still don't have any evidence to suggest that there is a clear advantage on one platform over the other, but we're going to look into what's required to separate the leader boards by platform, in order to avoid this perception in the future.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2013 at 5:28 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
That sounds like an acceptable solution. How long will this take?
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2013 at 4:53 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
We're still investigating how to make it happen, if we can make it happen, Aqua - sadly it's not as straightforward as we'd like, and we definitely want to get the Tropical Island update out first. I'll update you on our progress after the Tropical Island release when we've taken the time to investigate the issue further.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2013 at 5:24 PM
jpl77
I would assume it is an in depth process to work around. I have no idea how it is integrated, so I will just offer my opinion.

If it is too complicated to completely separate the platforms, how about having a sortable list, much like how we can sort our friends list.

Another option would be having a distinguishing icon on/over/beside the user name that would indicate what platform they are using.

Viewing BW2 on Kongregate, there is a built in list of the top players for bushes whacked, monsters whacked and puzzles completed. I'm not sure if that is BW2 tracked or if Kongregate does that. Maybe implement that option for facebook users.

I'm not the voice of the community, but I'm going to bet 99% of us want the new update as the priority.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2013 at 5:37 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Definitely want tropical island update first ! New content rocks :o) I appreciate the time and effort you guys are putting into keeping your customers happy. Sortable lists would work too. Happy Birthday Bush Whacker 2 ! I hope one of the customizable items in the update is a birthday hat :P
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2013 at 1:31 PM
Jean Davis
me2 Aqua..:) I'm so very sad that there's not a birthday event...seems so out-of-character for DJArts.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2013 at 5:36 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Another major facebook player passed on the leader board by a Kongregate et al player ...
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2013 at 6:21 PM
Raymond
I question this whole thing.
How can one identify what platform someone plays on.
And how dare you all assume that the person just passed was passed by someone on kong.
And if one can identify the platform, then there is no need for what Jason wants, since in effect there would be some kind of "distinguishing icon on/over/beside the user name" and one could in effect already ignore those players and mentally see just the FB ones...
Post by Kate (aquafishy) deleted April 19th 2013 at 9:13 PM
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2013 at 9:17 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
>How can one identify what platform someone plays on
Attempt to find the new players who have been passing the long time players by copying and pasting their names into a facebook search and you will see quite easily that they are not on facebook under those names. Alternately, Check out Bush Whacker 2 on Kongregate. Pretty simple really. I'm surprised you didn't test it before posting.

>And how dare you all assume that the person just passed was passed by someone on kong
How dare you call me an assumer? I'm offended :o)

>And if one can identify the platform, then there is no need for what Jason wants, since in effect there would be some kind of "distinguishing icon on/over/beside the user name" and one could in effect already ignore those players and mentally see just the FB ones
There is no distinguishing icon, perhaps you never look at the leadboard to see that.
As you so bluntly seem to agree with, there SHOULD be a way to tell.
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2013 at 11:42 PM
Last Edited April 19th 2013 at 11:43 PM
Dave Stone
I'd like to know if it's true that we're being overtaken by other platform's,
After assuming that the leaderboard was just Facebook player's.
The highest postion i have reached was about 25, But since then, My position has been dropping steadily and is now about 60.
To mix all platform's that does'nt use an identical set of rules, Does'nt make sense.
Each platform should have it's own leaderboard.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2013 at 12:40 AM
Kate (aquafishy)
I agree wholeheartedly Dave.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2013 at 4:15 AM
jpl77
How did I determine the information I posted? They same way I get most of information, some good old investigative sleuthing. Plus I'm smart.

I love explaining myself, so here is how I did it. Consider it my science experiment and my data is here so you (Ray) can independently verify the information.

Sign up for a Kongregate account (easy to do, just link it to your facebook account), find and play BW2, go to the high scores on the right hand side and you can open up the leaderboard in BW2.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/547372_10152728098790144_162515882_n.jpg

You can sign up for an Armor Games account too, but there is no point since BW2 was released later and the players on AG aren't even close to the top scores. Finally, as Aqua Fishy already pointed out, do a facebook search for the user name and you can cross reference the accounts and platforms they play on.

Now Ray, I suggest you get a spreadsheet and record daily the names, scores and rankings so you can track what has been happening.

I just remember the names and can do it mentally considering the Top 10 hasn't really changed in months, until recently.

I will maintain my original position, separate the leader scores, or don't have one at all.