Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Frustrated that Gold doesn't transfer between monkeys.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2013 at 6:24 PM
Tia Mawhinney
Why does the gold you earn in one monkey not transfer to the other monkeys? Where is the fairness in that? It takes a long time to earn the gold in the first place just to have it rot away and not be able to be used in the other monkeys. I finished the Fairy Tale Monkey and have a large amount of gold and now I have to leave it there to rot. How about making it so we can actually use the gold, stars, hammers, etc that we earn in the other monkeys. Doesn't that actually seem fair??

243 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2013 at 7:10 PM
Luna Zoraida
This has been requested several times and I doubt it will change, personally I prefer it this way, I like the challenge of starting over within the same game... In saying that it would be nice to have something to do with the gold after completing Monkeys.
A few have suggested more items for the trophy rooms, which could be as easy as repurchasing the prizes after completion of each monkey, making our trophy rooms more personalised.

Here a few more suggestions:
http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=6665

http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=6435

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2013 at 10:52 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Tia,

It is designed that way on purpose. It is so we can ramp the wins up in the silver and gold stages in a fun way. A way that lets you win huge amounts of gold and score - something we otherwise wouldn't be able to do because the amount of gold you have gets out of control. Because it is confined to that monkey if things get crazy at the end of that monkey it is fun, and it doesn't break the balance in the rest of the game.

-David

22 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 7th 2013 at 3:56 PM
Dawn Rae McClure
You earn plenty of gold. I have a lot extra in all monkeys. It's easy to get the gold. Just use your multis wisely and you will have enough gold left over by the time you're even complete with the 5th level. You will have plenty of gold to buy all prizes, equip the trophy room and the special hammer by then. I know I have on every monkey.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 12th 2013 at 11:40 AM
Teressa Christina Taylor
I agree with Tia, it's not fair. Even if it was transferred over at a 5:1 ratio or something like that it would make it more fun. Not only doesn't the gold, stars & multipliers tranfer but if you happen to use your 1070 hammers and then get the final prize you can't use the remaining hammers on the next money. You have just lost out on using 800 hammers. That sucks. Not liking this new egg breakers very much at all.

437 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 12th 2013 at 6:16 PM
Colleen Gillan
I like the way it is. Each monkey gives you a chance to start again, and you can set new goals. I like to play for score, so I try to outdo my score on each new monkey.

28 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 22nd 2013 at 1:29 PM
Heather Hammond
Wish I had lots of gold :(