Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Update: Cowboy Monkey & Custom Hammers!

510 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2013 at 6:11 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
The Cowboy Monkey has rustled his way into Egg Breaker Adventures! His first 6 stages are available for players who have enough Crystal Bananas to unlock him!

Additionally each Monkey now has a custom hammer to buy with your excess gold. Custom hammers replace the hammer graphic and give a small bonus!

Post any questions/comments about the Cowboy Monkey and custom hammers in this thread!

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2013 at 6:30 PM
Laura Angell
Oh fun!

So... I'm done with the fairy tale monkey. How do I buy his hammer without needing to spend a banana?

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2013 at 7:24 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Laura,

Go to the store page, by clicking the store button above the game screen. You can buy it from there without feeding the monkey.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2013 at 8:11 PM
Laura Angell
Perfect! Thanks

554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 1:24 AM
Jean Davis
I don't want to use any Monkey Bucks right now because I have crates of hammers. Why am I being forced to spend them? The only way I can get out of that screen is to refresh teh game, but it keeps taking me back there.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 3:28 AM
Bonnie MacDougall
the tutorial has been reset? if so, you're spending free monkey bucks that you've been given.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 4:59 AM
Jennifer L. Kelbaugh
When EBA started, I could click my monkey of choice, get into the game, then feed it. This gave me the opportunity to feed it or to use hammers & stars that I'd been sent. The recent change does not allow this anymore, and that sucks! Any thoughts to setting the game back so I can play when I want through the day instead of just a random time or two??

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 6:18 AM
Linda Conlin
I agree Jennifer... I think once we use the crystal bananas to buy the monkeys, (so that way they are unlocked) I think we should carry over our tokens, starts, multiplyers, hammers, etc, etc
I am not that excited, at starting at 0 hammers, for each monkey started.... (especially when I have millions of coins, or whatever left over in previous monkey)

also, Jean, I agree, I also do not want to use Monkey Bucks $ right now ! why are we being forced to do this ? .???

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 9:39 AM
Last Edited January 29th 2013 at 9:48 AM
Hi Guys,

The tutorial - which was actually indented to run for new players only - GIVES you the bucks to make the purchase, so you were getting 250 extra hammers completely free. Initially I thought that it was ok running for older players, who doesn't like free hammers! But due to the amount of confusion around it I have changed it to only be for new players. We really really don't want players thinking they are being forced to spend their bucks!

Linda, as you know from your ticket, you were one of the unlucky people to get it in the first 30 minutes after we rolled out and were charged by due to an error - but I credited you back the spent bucks. Since then it has been working correctly.

Jennifer - the monkeys have always worked this way, we did not change anything. It is only because there are more monkeys that you are noticing you can't get into the hungry ones.

Gold and items can't carry over from monkey to monkey. If gold carried over you would finish one monkey and have enough gold to buy all the prizes for every monkey in the game and then some! I know that might sound good at first glance, but having all the gold you need all the time takes both the fun and the challenge out of it! no fun, no challenge = boring!

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 2:05 PM
Jennifer L. Kelbaugh
David, thank you for your response, but this is different. Until a day or two ago, I always clicked my monkey, then fed it so I could play. This let me also "x-out" of the feed monkey option screen that comes to let you feed it, revealing the play screen and allowing me to get into inventory for sent / received items for use - without feeding the monkey a bunch of bananas. Now, I am FORCED to feed the monkey of my choice. If I don't have a bunch of bananas ready to feed my monkey, I'm out of luck until a bunch is ready, even if I have crates that can be used in inventory. That is different than what I experienced before, and quite frankly, detracts from the fun of the game.

554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 2:56 PM
Jean Davis
Are there going to be more levels in each monkey or just more monkeys?

Why can't I use my tokens to buy hammers in lower levels? It's always grayed out. One monkey has 89 tokens, but I can't buy hammers using 50 tokens...why?

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 2:59 PM
Last Edited January 29th 2013 at 3:00 PM
Hi Jennifer,

When you feed a monkey it becomes active for 20 hours. When you run out of hammers we give you the option to feed the monkey -again- but you can choose not to by "x-out" as you describe... That monkey does still become inactive when its 20 hours runs out. Because you get a banana every 10 hours and the monkey stays active for 20 hours it is only possible to keep 2 monkeys active at a time.

This is not new at all, you have always had to feed a monkey to activate it. It has been that way since the very start. What has changed is there are now 4 monkeys so it is easier for a case to occur where you notice you can't activate more than 2 at a time.

We have had a number of requests to access a monkey without feeding it so we are discussing options to allow that.

-David

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 3:02 PM
Hi Jean,

9 stages is our current max for each level. We don't plan to add more stages to existing monkeys, just more monkeys.

Make sure you are looking at the right token type, they come in bronze, silver, and gold...

-David

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 5:06 PM
Jennifer L. Kelbaugh
well, I don't know what happened, but my monkeys have started behaving normally again today. Two days of "craziness" was enough! The next monkey on the islands needs to be shrink!! LOL

554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2013 at 11:03 PM
Jean Davis
I did David. It would be nice to have a selection for the different types of tokens instead of just having gold tokens.

I haven't played since yesterday when I kept getting out of the game when it asked me to purchase, but I did notice today that I have 8 less bucks - even though I didn't purchase anything.

Now that we have 4 monkeys, are more bananas going to be added to the trees?

67 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 10th 2013 at 8:23 AM
Jennifer Sloan Lewis
Devs, I'm working on the Cowboy Monkey, have completed the others. I'm still playing the VDay monkey, even though it's done and I've bought the special hammer, just to use the tokens. Yesterday, the Cowboy Monkey told me I had enough score to open stage 7, but 7, 8, and 9 still say "coming soon" or something like that. Can you say when they'll be available? Oh, and thanks for the VDay special, that was fun!!