Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Hungry Monkey

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 1:30 PM
Valerie Duperron
I really dont like the fact that we need to feed a monkey to be able to play in this area... I mean that I was playing over and over fairy tales monkey, that I have done already, just because I wanted to play and my adventure monkey had no more hammers. Played last night, this morning too. Probably that all the hammers that i've won are now expired (apparently i have 0 hammers left over there) BUT i still have loads of stars and tokens i could trade for hammers....
I just want to play, loving this game (I've been buying hammers a few time already) and now its just telling me I have to feed that monkey in order to play...
Really dont like that, I mean I love this game, everything is perfect, but now Im just frustrated coz I was planning to play it and cannot.

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 4:19 PM
Tanya Tucker
next time you have a banana ready, feed the adventure monkey instead of the fairy tale monkey

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 4:46 PM
Valerie Duperron
No I was playing fairy tales and wanted to continue on fairy tales.... I did great over there and had loads of stars and tokens waiting for me...But I cant play MY stuff when I want apparently coz you still to feed the monkey, even if you still have stuff to play in. Im not stupid, I want to use my dailys (bananas) on the next monkey i have to work on, but apparently i will have to 'waste' a banana in fairy tales in order to unlock it....
Is there any dev that even answer people around?

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 6:51 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Valerie,

Feeding the monkey you want to play works as the daily reset did in Egg Breaker 1 and Egg Breaker 2. Instead of having everything reset at midnight, the monkey resets when you feed him. For this to provide the same mechanic as the daily reset in EB1 and EB2 the monkey has to "expire" as to not carry unused daily hammers over to the next day.

So unfortunately if you want to go back and play a monkey you have already finished you do need to feed him to access him. Generally this shouldn't be too much of an issue because once you finish a monkey there isn't any reason to continue to go back and play that monkey. I understand in your case you have leftover stars and tokens you want to play, but once those are played you won't have a reason to go back to that monkey. Unless there is another reason to go back that I am not thinking of you should be able to use 1 banana to open the monkey for 20 hours, play your remaining tokens and then be done with that monkey.

-David

243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 7:23 PM
Luna Zoraida
Hi David, to clarify what Valerie is talking about, as its happened to me also. The stage that we are currently working on does not allow access even though we have crates and sacks available to use while the bananas are still growing... Are you saying that we cannot access any monkey till we have a banana ready?

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 7:58 PM
Hi Luna,

To play a monkey you have to feed it, once fed it becomes available for 20 hours.
Bananas grow in 10 hours so you will always be able to play. It isn't possible for you to end up with all your monkeys hungry and not have a banana ready. What is possible, and what Valerie is asking about is using both your bananas and then wanting to play a monkey you still have some items on, but haven't fed in the last 20 hours - which you have to wait for a banana for.

-David

243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 8:08 PM
Luna Zoraida
Ok that makes sense, I'm working on classic mainly, but at times I like to switch to adventure; that's when the feed me option turns up... Thanks :)

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 8:41 PM
Valerie Duperron
Ok well thanks for answering
There is no actual reason to play a monkey you are done with...
I did it once because i was tired of not being able to advance with the monkey I was working on BUT still wanted to play coz i love the game. Got lucky, winning lots of hammers, stars and tokens, made me play for a long time and I was really happy of it. Still had loads of stuff I could play...
And score is going up in rank...could be something i care about..
And for others egg breaker, im sorry but i could play them, any level I want, at any time. You may not have hammers left, if you had tokens (feathers) or stars you could always go and play if you love that game enought to do it.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2013 at 8:57 PM
Hi Valerie,

Egg Breaker 1 and 2 are like 1 monkey in EBA which is why you could play any stage at anytime if you had tokens or feathers remaining. The big benefit of the monkey system is each monkey is like a mini self contained EB1. You can do the monkeys in any order and start each monkey fresh. This will let us continue to update and add new content without ever getting to the point of just a handful high level players being the only players getting new content. So it will let us keep adding new game content for all players without having to move to Egg Breaker 4. We can only hope that benefit is worth not being able to play leftover items on any monkey without feeding it.