Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 144 - March 11th, 2024
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday March 11th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted February 27th at 11:40 AM
someoneeeer
Hi nick
although i pretty much be alone here asking and one of few who likes the sea,is there any chance of new quest hub(like on cloudland,sanctuary,ect) in underwater world? there should be...
after defeating the kraken the mer-king will offer you variety of quests which can be only completed in underwater areas(sba,nate and kaine areas work or in flux) for water tokens which can buy sea based stuff,inculding a mer tail(with variety of colors choice) or your very own,underwater theme!,there should be more sea creatures pets aswell a sea mount,the giant seahorse will work as mount indeed(from store of course),i understand that this isnt anything,but i been thinking lately something that would suit for those who liked underwater like me
-someoneeee(aka batbombers username since mystic guardians)
PS first time posting
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th at 11:43 AM
JKNAI91
I would honestly love if something could be done with Someoneee's idea. I'm definitely a person who loves aquatic things as well, and think it would be really cool to be a mermaid. :)
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd at 8:35 AM
purplecow
How do the limits on the small energy pack work? I wanted to use all 20 that I got but was only allowed 15.
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd at 7:42 AM
sjemb
Would it be possible to have the ability to switch the background color of the jigsaw puzzle board in the flungeon? Biege or something light would work great. It doesn't happen often, but there are a couple of locations where the pieces match the background perfectly and when you set them they completely disappear. Being able to switch the color similar to how we can change the background of chat would really help.
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th at 10:33 AM
Tomboykimi
I tried submitting a ticket, but, it doesn't seem to be working (how do you submit a ticket about a ticket? lol) but, I am having an issue with the bubble buddies event where I can't seem to buy any past buddies. I want the cockatiel one, but, its not showing up in my past store, and its not showing in my Pagas that I have it. I am not sure how to go about getting it either.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th at 9:25 AM
Last Edited March 8th at 11:51 AM
TheCatWhispurrer
An idea to offer something similar to the Mermaid area quest hub request: A new underwater area with a quest hub included, offering eggs, mounts, and customizable items in the hub. Like additional seahorse mounts, a Helicoprion mount, whale shark mount, and basking shark mount. Sea Lion egg, horseshoe crab egg, lion fish egg, catfish/dogfish (for comedy, fish with cat head and dog head) eggs, Coelacanth egg, etc. Customization items, maybe a mermaid costume, harpoon sword/lance, and whatever else others might be able to think of. Overall theme, another Mermaid city or even Atlantis. But, those are all just suggestions to go along with someoneeeer's earlier suggestion.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th at 12:57 PM
Russel Denton
Player named Bartimaeus, has suggested we have more couches that we can place stuff on them like gnomes etc
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 11:02 AM
UnglaublichCordi
Hi Nick

I have new ideas for decoration, plants, cultivation:

- the gnomes can be placed on the bed + can slip under the duvet
- various open pots with paint + brushes
- Toolbox
- Wagon wheel to stand on
- Clothesline with clothes
- Ski chance + 2 more gnomes with skis
- Ivy vine, wild vine vine, flower vine for ranch and/or island home
- Flower pots in lighter colors, wood colors
- selectable new exterior color for all houses
- selectable new interior color (for example green - St. Patrick's Day)
- pretty wooden bridge that can be rotated
- green ground cover plants with white or pink flowers or just green
- other flowers + trees to put: delphinium, reed, asters, dahlias, poppies, yarrow, lupinia, birch, bamboo, lilac, forsythia, plumeria, fern, hibiscus, clematis, Japanese maple, almond trees, large conifers without snow
- new plants for energy: lemon, apple, pear, apricot, peach, almond, plum
- new plants for gold: parsley, thyme, chives, mint, garlic, rosemary, basil.

I really like the suggestions from "someoneeeer" and "TheCatWhispurrer". I have other additional ideas about this:

- an underwater world (UW) that you have to work out yourself (through all sorts of tasks, puzzles)
- it would be great if waves were hinted at, like in the existing ocean areas of the game
- I would like to have a house in this UW (recognizable from the outside as a shell, a sunken ship, a snail shell or a cave)
- the house is accessible and the space should not be larger than the space of the island house
- the furniture made from shells, pearls, corals or plants
- the outdoor area is unlocked again via “buy” (like with the island house).

The following items would be a great addition to the exterior:
Diver, treasure chest with opening lid, various corals + shells + aquatic plants, underwater animals.
I could imagine seahorses and jellyfish as mounts.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:01 PM
Last Edited April 22nd at 1:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:09 PM
Last Edited March 11th at 1:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
someoneeeer wrote:

Hi nick
although i pretty much be alone here asking and one of few who likes the sea,is there any chance of new quest hub(like on cloudland,sanctuary,ect) in underwater world? there should be...
after defeating the kraken the mer-king will offer you variety of quests which can be only completed in underwater areas(sba,nate and kaine areas work or in flux) for water tokens which can buy sea based stuff,inculding a mer tail(with variety of colors choice) or your very own,underwater theme!,there should be more sea creatures pets aswell a sea mount,the giant seahorse will work as mount indeed(from store of course),i understand that this isnt anything,but i been thinking lately something that would suit for those who liked underwater like me
-someoneeee(aka batbombers username since mystic guardians)
PS first time posting

JKNAI91 wrote:

I would honestly love if something could be done with Someoneee's idea. I'm definitely a person who loves aquatic things as well, and think it would be really cool to be a mermaid. :)

Thanks for sharing! The Mermaid City would make for a great quest hub location! Before considering more underwater content, I'd like to try and add a toggle for the water visual effect, as it causes some players nausea. With that though, I don't see why not, should we start adding quest hubs to earlier content.

A seahorse mount makes a lot of sense!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
purplecow wrote:

How do the limits on the small energy pack work? I wanted to use all 20 that I got but was only allowed 15.

Clicking "Use All" on your Small Energy Packs shouldn't have any limit. I was just able to use all 25 without issue. Perhaps you had sent out requests shortly before using all, and 5 of those requests were accepted after using all of what you had?
It's strange! Please submit a support ticket should it happen again.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
sjemb wrote:

Would it be possible to have the ability to switch the background color of the jigsaw puzzle board in the flungeon? Biege or something light would work great. It doesn't happen often, but there are a couple of locations where the pieces match the background perfectly and when you set them they completely disappear. Being able to switch the color similar to how we can change the background of chat would really help.

Sounds like that might be the cave area. I can see the utility in this! I'll note it down to consider.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Tomboykimi wrote:

I tried submitting a ticket, but, it doesn't seem to be working (how do you submit a ticket about a ticket? lol) but, I am having an issue with the bubble buddies event where I can't seem to buy any past buddies. I want the cockatiel one, but, its not showing up in my past store, and its not showing in my Pagas that I have it. I am not sure how to go about getting it either.

If you're experiencing issues submitting a support ticket, I recommend trying a different browser. Alternatively, you can email your concern to bw2support@codenameentertainment.com.

Past bubble buddy companions weren't available in the Ye Olde Buddy Boutique this time around, but I'll be sure to add them for the next Bubble Buddy mini-event!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

An idea to offer something similar to the Mermaid area quest hub request: A new underwater area with a quest hub included, offering eggs, mounts, and customizable items in the hub. Like additional seahorse mounts, a Helicoprion mount, whale shark mount, and basking shark mount. Sea Lion egg, horseshoe crab egg, lion fish egg, catfish/dogfish (for comedy, fish with cat head and dog head) eggs, Coelacanth egg, etc. Customization items, maybe a mermaid costume, harpoon sword/lance, and whatever else others might be able to think of. Overall theme, another Mermaid city or even Atlantis. But, those are all just suggestions to go along with someoneeeer's earlier suggestion.

Atlantis would be a great underwater quest hub! I'll note down your mount/pet suggestions as well. I've never heard of a helicoprion before! Very cool.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Player named Bartimaeus, has suggested we have more couches that we can place stuff on them like gnomes etc

I do like seeing all the scenes players come up with for gnomes on their ranches :)
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:44 PM
UnglaublichCordi
Hello Nick, is there an answer to my post?
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:49 PM
UnglaublichCordi
Question, when is the next Bush Whacker Weekly?
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
UnglaublichCordi wrote:

Hi Nick

I have new ideas for decoration, plants, cultivation:

- the gnomes can be placed on the bed + can slip under the duvet
- various open pots with paint + brushes
- Toolbox
- Wagon wheel to stand on
- Clothesline with clothes
- Ski chance + 2 more gnomes with skis
- Ivy vine, wild vine vine, flower vine for ranch and/or island home
- Flower pots in lighter colors, wood colors
- selectable new exterior color for all houses
- selectable new interior color (for example green - St. Patrick's Day)
- pretty wooden bridge that can be rotated
- green ground cover plants with white or pink flowers or just green
- other flowers + trees to put: delphinium, reed, asters, dahlias, poppies, yarrow, lupinia, birch, bamboo, lilac, forsythia, plumeria, fern, hibiscus, clematis, Japanese maple, almond trees, large conifers without snow
- new plants for energy: lemon, apple, pear, apricot, peach, almond, plum
- new plants for gold: parsley, thyme, chives, mint, garlic, rosemary, basil.

I really like the suggestions from "someoneeeer" and "TheCatWhispurrer". I have other additional ideas about this:

- an underwater world (UW) that you have to work out yourself (through all sorts of tasks, puzzles)
- it would be great if waves were hinted at, like in the existing ocean areas of the game
- I would like to have a house in this UW (recognizable from the outside as a shell, a sunken ship, a snail shell or a cave)
- the house is accessible and the space should not be larger than the space of the island house
- the furniture made from shells, pearls, corals or plants
- the outdoor area is unlocked again via “buy” (like with the island house).

The following items would be a great addition to the exterior:
Diver, treasure chest with opening lid, various corals + shells + aquatic plants, underwater animals.
I could imagine seahorses and jellyfish as mounts.

Excellent suggestions here! Lots of great plant options for the Spring Garden event in particular. I love the gnome bed idea, but having them tucked underneath blanket might take some tech work. I've noted down these suggestions to consider for a future update.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 1:52 PM
UnglaublichCordi
thanks