Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 134 - October 16th, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 2:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Blahramewe wrote:

An idea I had for a CotLI-based pet: Mycall the Mushroom

At level 40 the pet has a 5% chance to drop a spore, which causes a mushroom to spawn instead of a bush or critter. When this mushroom is whacked it has a 0% chance to drop fruit, gold, mana or power. This means that the rarer drops like quest items, gems, feeds, etc have a better chance of being obtained.

A very neat idea for a new bonus type and pet! I'll note it down to consider should the Crusader's limited-time quest come back around.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 2:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

It may be too late to re-run the October themed limited-time quests this year, but I thought it was still worth a mention, along with a few others that we haven't seen in awhile.

It would be fun to see a return of the "Oktoberfest" (2015) and the "Zombie Hunting" (2017), and maybe see them repeated as regular seasonal limited-time quests.

Here's a Post-Thanksgiving quest from 2017 that I'm hoping you might be able to squeeze in this year:
"A Post-Feast Feast" (Community Quest)
There are so many Thanksgiving leftovers, and a visitor in the Commons doesn't want them to go to waste! It's a tall order, so they'll need the help of all the Bush Whackers!
http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=blog&post_id=612#blog

A few other oldies but goodies:
Doggy Housing Crisis Community Quest (2018)
http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=blog&post_id=670#blog

Mythical Mount Community Quest (2018)
http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=bw2&post_id=709#blog

BIFA Bushwhackia Cup! (2018)
http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=blog&post_id=732#blog

Day(s) of Forests (2019)
http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=bw2&post_id=861#blog

It is a bit late for another October limited-time quest/mini-event. Behind the curtain here, we're aiming to have a limited-time quest, mini-event, and main event every month. I'll keep these in minds for re-runs in the future! Thanks :)
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 2:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Tola wrote:

I know that CNE likes to keep running mini-events and there's only so much truly unusual that can be done. Maintenance (or repairs) is a never-ending chore, though, and it's about time the Bush Whacker helped keep the Commons looking like a static image immune to entropy.

The town crier beseeches the whacker when you warp into town, or at least has either the ! or speech bubble to tell you he needs a word with you. A storm is coming and buildings need reinforced/has hit and buildings need repairs, monsters attacked or more accurately blundered blindly into things, Nate was careless with dynamite... maybe all of the above on a randomizer. The Commons has hired a professional work crew but only for the next four days and they're short on supplies, Would You Kindly collect 60 lumber from Jim, 60 brick from Brock and an assortment of tools that CNE already has graphics for before they run off, ne'er to be seen again (for this particular job)? In exchange the whacker can get a tool that CNE already has a wield graphic for but hasn't made available, if any, or possibly just an energy restorative that seems fitting as snacks for a construction site because they had some left over.

A very thoughtful idea! Is the expectation that the Commons would look different after the repairs?
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- RENOVATING THE SCHOOL

We find mrs Robinson depressed in the school, and ask her what wrong, she says " the kids are not learning as well as they should,
and she fears she has lost her touch to teach the kids

we have to first convince Mrs Robinson, to continue teaching, and she said she will if we, find her a few items to help her continue teaching

1- Find 20 transition glasses in bushes
2- Fish up 10 Bobbi Pins, to help Mrs Robinson keep her hair neat and tidy
3- Find 30 delicious apples in bushes
4- Find 20 discipline sticks
5- Find 50 updated teacher's resource manuals

After finding all the items for Mrs Robinson, she says the last of the items are needed to help the students:

Find 30 height- adjustable desks
Find 30 tablets and 30 styluses
Find 30 stationary packs
Find 30 ergonomic chairs
Find 20 digital blackboards

2- Creatures of Coppers - updating needed

the quests are getting repetitive and predictable, it needs new quests DESPERATELY, i know i suggested a few months back , but here is some more

- Find 20 tick removal kits
- Find 20 squeeky toys
- Find 20 pet hair combs
- Fish up 20 seaweed kelp and 20 fish

3- for events you have for the first weekend, mount sale and pets the next weekend following, what if, for the mounts and pets you extended the time players can get them, because some players live paycheck to paycheck, and miss out on getting the mounts or pets, so what I was thinking

what if....

You had the mount deals go for a week till the next weekend giving more opportunity for players to get it,

And same goes for the pets too really , make them extend till the event ends perhaps

1) Renovating the school is a neat quest idea! Thanks for fleshing it out as well with specific quests. I'll note it down to consider.

2) I recall these quest ideas! Thanks for the reminder.

3) I see the appeal of this, and I'll give it some thought. We don't want too many different packaged deals available at one time, as it leads to a bunch of popups when you open the game. Perhaps there's a good compromise though!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hey Nick,

In last weeks stream, someone requested colored hay bales for our ranches (perhaps Russel Denton). You asked which colors.

Here's an excerpt from my forum post (Q&A 129) in Aug.:
In addition to the orange hay bale that we already have, Could you also give us Grey, Green, Black, and Pale, from the Haunted Mansion? ... And Red, Purple, Blue, Yellow Hay from the Cenote site?

Hope this information helps. Thanks

P.S. It would be awesome if the hay is stackable. Spider webs and wall/floor blood are still on my wish list, if you're able. :-)

Thank you for following up with this! I'll see if I can get those added for the ranch.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Heyo o/
You know what would be nice? More fishing boosting trinkets :D

You're not the only one who wants this! Duly noted.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

If you click the mailbox on you ranch to collect mana but your mana is already full you get nothing. How about adding a warning that your mana is full or just not generating the mana and provide a note to come back later when your mana isn't so full.

I do agree either of your suggestions would be an improvement! We'll see if I can fit those in to a future quality of life update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hi nick can we get a wolverine costume and someone mentioned that we had wolverine claws but wasnt 100% sure.

We do have a few claw gloves, some of which might be wolverine-esq! Making a whole costume would be fun. I'll note it down for Georgia to consider.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

hi Nick
I sent you email about th 4 diff PLAIN pumpkins( 1 2 3 4 ) that I DID have..but not in my inventory..or anywhere else...??? so plz put them back or else put in store...I know I bought them using tokens from Halloween .. store..thanks
FYI>.I also see them in 2023 event coming soon. buy them for scariness...

I've replied to your email regarding this. Sorry for the inconvenience!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th at 3:23 PM
BarbZak
Sorry NIck I got no reply from you....