Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 133 - October 3rd, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 1:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ikini wrote:

What about having the return arrow button be a pop-up with Farthest and Last? (I'm working on Cloud Kingdom and that would be helpful.) I'm guessing that that wouldn't be helpful for those in the fluxeon, but you are still getting new players (I've only been playing for a year and half or so) and it would be helpful for them and me.

Yes, I appreciate that you brought this up on the Feature Requests/Suggestions forum! To echo what I said there, I think determining the "farthest" location a player has ever been might get a bit complicated when you factor in the Nate adventures and Kaine mysteries, but wouldn't be impossible to overcome.

I think our idea for a customizable Return button that you can set to any location you're currently in would be a catch-all for situations like these.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 1:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

In line with the request of Bartimaeus' request for being able to place the security cameras on the outside of the ranch house, I recently discovered that the cameras are meant for Indoor use. What if, for the sake of making it easier to implement, outside security cameras were made? Unless just fixing a way to put stuff on the outside of the ranch and island houses is easier, but that just sounds like it might take a bit more technical detail. Just trying to make things easier for everyone, including you, Nick.

I appreciate the consideration, but the solution either way would be to add a surface to the outer walls of the ranch house(s). It's on our list to consider!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 1:49 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- In continuation from the previous Q/A, with my idea of having a mini event like the Butterfly one but with other species of insect, here is a list of candidates that could be used.

-Hercules Beetle Dynastes Hercules from Mexico and Sth America
-Praying mantis
-Roseate Skimmer Orthemis ferruginea from USA/Brazil
-Giant Weta Deinacrida heteracantha from NZ
-Orchid Mantis Hymenopus coronatus from S/E Asia
-Pink spotted lady beetle Coleomegilla maculata from Nrth America
-22-spotted ladybeetle Psyllobora vigintiduopunctata from Europe
-White Christmas Beetle - Anoplognathus pallidicollis from Australia
-Dung Beetle ( and it could do the rolling dung thing action on the ranch)

2- The Wizard of Oz mini event we just had, it seems a lot of players enjoyed it, but think there was a lot of missed potential in it, by just having 1 quest, so i came up with some quests, and pets we could have if this mini-quest were to happen again

QUEST IDEA'S

- Find and also fish up green items, we would have to whack up 80 green crystals, and fish up 20 green beer bottles, as a reward we would get a miniature Emerald city to put on our ranch

- Missing flying monkeys - we have to find 50 missing flying monkeys - as a reward we would get their outfit they wear so a hat,wings and monkey face mask

- Find oil cans for both tin man and tick tock ( 50 each) , as a reward we would get a tin man and tic-tok gnome for our ranch

- Find 100 bottles of courage for the cowardly lion - the reward would be we get a cowardly lion gnome

- Find 100 second-hand brains for the scarecrow- we get as a reward a scarecrow hat, scarecrow mask, and outfit/shirt, and straw-hand gloves

PETS/MOUNTS for OZ mini-event

- flying monkey - pet
- Tick-Tock - pet
- flying Bed W/ MOOSE HEAD ( from RETURN TO OZ) - MOUNT
- Flying monkey mount

3- For whenever we have another Endangered species mini-event, i came up with some suitable candidates, i found while looking on google and the IUCN list.
Gorilla
Snow Leopard
Hooded Grebe – can only go on duck pond perhaps
Ultramarine Lorikeets
Southern Cassowary
Black-necked Stork
Florida scrub jay
Red-headed Woodpecker
Pangolin
Bongo
Lear’s macaw
Red Stumpnose seabream
Banded ground gecko

4- last year Marvel brought out around xmas time a small movie called "Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special" in that they had a alien sing about their interpretations of christmas, and it was quite funny too,

so i was thinking what if we had something similar happen in the christmas event, by having a alien come visit and we have to find things THEY think are associated
with christmas, we could find something like the following:

- Find 20 Missile's and 20 Toes (Mistletoe)
- Find 20 Buckets of Rain and 20 deer (Reindeer)
- Find 20 red light bulbs ( to stick on a reindeer) and eventually find a deer too, ( rudolph the red-nosed reindeer)

5- again, xmas related idea, what if we had a community quest happen just before the xmas event started, and all players had to help decorate a tree that appears in commons, it could temporarily replace our statue perhaps, and when we completed the community quest, it would unlock the start of the xmas event perhaps

- how the community quest would go,

we would get to choose whether we wanted to find either

- Baubles
- Tinsel
- xmas star
- xmas lights
- Candy canes

very simple really

6- with the current dig event, when we hand in fossils, we get energy back, which is good, but what if it also gave us some mana/power too, instead of just energy

1) Very cool insect suggestions! I'll note them down to consider.

2) Glad to hear the positive sentiment for the past Wizard of Oz parody limited-time quest! I'll note your suggestions down should we run it again in the future.

3) Very cool endangered species ideas! I'd love a gorilla and pangolin in the game.

4) A topical idea for new Xmas event quests! I'll note them down.

5) It would be fun to decorate the Commons with the community. It is a fairly common request. We'll have to see how much time we have, and it would likely be either something like this, or a New Years quest after Christmas.

6) Thanks for the dino dig feedback! I'll note it down to consider for next time.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 1:53 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Greetings Nick,

1) I notice that there are pets and mounts in the Jr Bushwacker event area (and other events) that do not roam, and are there for decorative purposes.

It probably isn't feasible, but is there any possibility of creating a toggle option that would make the pets and mounts immobile on our ranches? This would be great when decorating our ranches so we don't have to pen them in when wanting to use them in a particular area.

I also notice there can be a lot of lag time when visiting friend ranches that have a lot of pets and mounts roaming around, so maybe that option would be helpful for that as well.

2) Just a little reminder about the VIP Quest Whacks Buff: The toggle On/Off button is not operational when purchased with a VIP voucher.
Several months ago you said, "Fixing that is on my todo list." Is this something you still plan on working on?

As always, thanks for all you do.

1) A way to toggle ranch animal wandering on/off has been on our list a while. I'll reconsider it! It may help with the lag, but maybe not that much depending on the volume of pets at the ranch.

2) I appreciate the reminder. It's still on my list to consider fixing for a future update, but it is not a priority at the moment.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 1:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Question : is it normal to get double nothing on power whacks with -100% odd to get nothing? u_u

Less common, certainly. However, there are some edge cases where you might still find Nothings, depending on your inventories and bonuses. You can never fully eradicate the chance to get Nothings, and given the random nature of the game, it's still possible to get a streak of Nothings. Feel free to submit a ticket if you've got details on how "normal" you're finding it.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Will the Dark/Haunted Theme be available for purchase during the Halloween Event this year?

I'll look at making the Haunted Ranch Theme available this year.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

It's probably too late for this Halloween but how a quest to help unquiet spirits pass on? A series of ghosts who have something unfinished in this life need the Bushwhacker to find things, return things, deliver messages to people in the field, etc

That's a neat idea for a Halloween quest! I'll note it down to consider.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Heyo, me again, any ETA on Kaine's next mystery and the part beyond prismatic passage?

No clear ETA on Kaine's Mystery just yet, but we are working on it! Content beyond the Prismatic Passage will be considered after the Prismatic Quest hub is added later on.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

@ Russ nice oz ideas

id like to put in my vote for another OZ event next year!!!

id like a DON'T EASE sign From "Ease on Down the Road. .from THE
WIZ Also besides the famous ruby slippers, can we add Dorothy's white ones from the WIZ and the book.

Id like to see the pets return again too--- scarecrow , tin man and lion.

I'd like to propose a "Prove you're not a Witch" water balloon fight!
grab yourself a bucket of water balloons and play in the commons ---along the lines of the snowball fight in the Christmas event or the water balloons on AI

you could make a fancy BALLOON MOUNT The one Dorothy missed out on and the one the wizard took off on

enough Oz onward to Halloween

Creature features are great for Halloween
CREATURES OF THE COPPERS

Could we please see:
1 The flaming black Cadillac mount
2 the fairy horse mount
3 cosmonaut pet
and the other things our collections that may be missing--- in a creature feature. pet and/or mount

Could you please put a fourth item to buy in with the creature of the coppers with the past pets and/or mounts
I'd really like to see a dragon, hat and flag from the pride month series available to buy--- and ill buy it! ---I know its not pride month , but id buy a dragon, hat and flag if one was put out anytime as part of the creature feature CREATURE OF THE COPPERS even if it cost a little more. Please it would be a nice fourth item to choose from. Thank you.

FOR THANKSGIVING could we get a crack at that little chef pet.

Can we please have a pet/ mount sale for BLACK FRIDAY and CYBERMONDAY?

FOR CHRISTMAS id like the first snowman that led all the others. The one that's there just as you open PAGAS pet progress.

As always just ideas--- thank you Nick for all you and the team Georgia Gabe etc. do ---you do a fantastic job and many thankless hours are spent--- thank you, hopefully our ideas will turn into gold for you! gotta pay the Victoria light bill ...HKE

Great ideas for the Oz limited-time quest! I've noted them down to consider for next time.

The pets/mounts in the creature collector unowned store are randomly selected for each player. Hopefully you'll find the ones you're looking for the next time it comes around! I will consider a fourth item for it.

The chef and snowman ought to appear in the past items store, or in the VIP Store if they were a VIP reward.

We'll do our usual Black Friday sale! Maybe we'll extend it into Cybermonday.

Thanks for the suggestions!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
1didisafe wrote:

hi. i have done with crop-researching all crops already. i have 45 crops on lvl 10 (the last one is in last research) only the flux seeds are left to do. and those are hard to get...
1- the achievement is only for 40 crops. one more tier is needed to add to the achievement.
2- are we getting any new crops soon?
3- I'd love to have Almonds seeds added to the fruit seeds.
4 a suggestion: how about opening a new category of super-food seeds, GRAIN. (or Cereal). it will give mana or power, as we have gold-crops and energy-cros. same system but for mana or power. GRAINS crops may include: wheat, corn, (we already have both..) oats, rice, quinoa, sorghum, millet, rye, and barley. maybe beans.. (and my favorite is 'black eyed pea').
going back to no.2 : are we getting any new crops soon?
Thank you for this developer-players connection. it is great.
Didi

1/2) I believe I'm waiting for the next set of crops before adding another achievement tier. We like to do it in sets of 10. We'll likely wait until the major region update after the Prismatic Passage, unless we add some in the quest hub.

3) Almonds! I'll note that down.

4) Grains! Adding a new crop category is an interesting idea. I've noted it down to consider for a future update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Blahramewe wrote:

An idea I had that was sparked by the community quest for fossils: Make a stretch goal once the main goal is reached. As an example, for every 150k additional fossils turned in everyone get an additional dino haunch. This idea isn't limited to the current event but for any in the future that will have a community quest.

Great idea. I was considering stretch goals for this Dino Dig mini-event, actually! I'll keep it in mind for future community quests for sure.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

HI Nick,.,I have to reload game 2 times to do my friends crops lately..????

I'm not certain what's up, but it may have to do with the Dino Dig. I'll look into it should I find the time! Sorry in the meantime.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 3rd at 2:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM today, Pacific time. See you then!