Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 126 - July 24th, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th at 1:59 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday July 24th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th at 2:52 PM
IamGroot
We had plenty of warning about the new gen horses arriving so we could check our quantity of Cloudland tokens well in advance. I don't believe it's necessary for you to adjust anything. Just my opinion.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th at 5:10 PM
Vegan1964
Have you considered a sea expansion to the Island? I would like an aquatic environment for my fishy pets and mounts. It's not the same having them swim around the pasture.
Post by Matthew Kliparchuk deleted July 22nd at 6:44 PM
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th at 11:44 PM
Last Edited July 21st at 11:03 AM
Hongkongelder1130
1 ) i know the idea was promised but are we going to have a pool for our rubber
duckies?

2 ) PS IM BUSY whacking bushes for armor for my four new mounts im on number two
45/100 and i don't think you need to adjust anything. Play the game. Whack
bushes. It gives you a goal and something different than the flungeon. Nick
don't waste time trying to re think Cloudland. Its fine imao. .hke
its my birthday

3 ) If you want to think about something consider four new farm plots and a
windmill

4 ) whacky idea alert***

I realize not every hole can be a premium hole where you get gold and mana and power
BUT and here is my simple suggestion

----the end hole with the carnival tent--- when the ball goes in --- i dont think it would take too much time or trouble to make a little flag come out the top and wave and award what a premium hole awards.

Just a suggestion
most of the art work is done and it would be saleable like the clown and train
'
THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.
Post by Hongkongelder1130 deleted July 21st at 2:19 AM
Post by Hongkongelder1130 deleted July 21st at 2:42 AM
Post by Hongkongelder1130 deleted July 21st at 2:50 AM
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st at 8:29 AM
Flybaby
Just weighing in on the subject of Cloudland Horse Armor.

If you do all the cloudland dailies every day, you will awarded 11 tokens per day. That’s a total of 110 tokens every 10 days, which is more than enough to purchase the horse armor for 100 cloud tokens.

The “Taming a Mount” quest repeats every 14 days. (12 days if the Timey Wimey Watch is equipped with turnins)

So it seems that the cool down period for taming a mount, and the time it takes to accrue the tokens required to purchase the armor is pretty well balanced (once you have tamed your first horse).
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st at 1:45 PM
Last Edited July 21st at 2:14 PM
Hongkongelder1130
@flybaby if you do every thing at once which i dont i get my horses then i get my armor then who knows what will capture my interest in ths facinating game so far ive got: the unisus, the three mount/ horses--- armor for the unisus ---and now im working on the armor for the first mount/ horse.it'll all come in time. patience is a virtue
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st at 2:17 PM
Hongkongelder1130
can we get a discount on th barn pens they are higher than the mounts and pets we put in them
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st at 5:56 PM
Flybaby
@Hongkongelder1
Just quoting a few statistics to show the possibilities of getting the horse and tokens within the same time frame ... but you're absolutely right ... The beauty of this game is being able to do quests, and play the game at your own pace and in your own time. Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one! :-)
219 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 22nd at 3:34 PM
tgcougar
I kept doing tasks until I had 1000 of each coin -- still working on the purple currency -- no problems here.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 2:37 AM
Russel Denton
1-Recently, (last weekend already gone) you had a deal in getting iced tea drinks that give energy , I think you can expand it perhaps, here’s how I envisioned it..

5 Iced teas drinks – already available
10 Iced Teas drinks – NEW – will cost 10 dollars
15 Iced Teas drink – NEW – 15 dollars
20 Iced Tea Drinks – NEW – 20 dollars
25 – already available
30 Iced Tea drinks – NEW – 30 dollars
35 Iced Tea drink – NEW – 35 dollars
40 Iced Tea drinks – NEW – 40 dollars
45 Iced Tea drinks – NEW – 45 dollars
50 Iced Teas drinks – already available

2- CRAZY IDEA ALERT – the ability to decorate the commons to OUR liking

3-I have been reading about the tragic fires going on in Canada, what if we had a mini event, which raised awareness about wildlfires and we had Nate educate people on it, and we find him things and in the end we get something, and you could have a mount sale of a fire truck mount or one of those seaplanes that dump water on fires perhaps, and all proceeds from the mount go towards a charity helping the fire victims etc perhaps
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 11:18 AM
TheCatWhispurrer
Just an idea for a future ranch customization item: Tall grasses; one green, one yellow, please. And, perhaps, an outcropping for pets/mounts to climb and stand on. Although that last one might be too detailed.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 1:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 1:11 PM
Last Edited July 24th at 1:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
IamGroot wrote:

We had plenty of warning about the new gen horses arriving so we could check our quantity of Cloudland tokens well in advance. I don't believe it's necessary for you to adjust anything. Just my opinion.

Hongkongelder1 wrote:

PS IM BUSY whacking bushes for armor for my four new mounts im on number two
its my birthday

Flybaby wrote:

Just weighing in on the subject of Cloudland Horse Armor.

If you do all the cloudland dailies every day, you will awarded 11 tokens per day. That’s a total of 110 tokens every 10 days, which is more than enough to purchase the horse armor for 100 cloud tokens.

The “Taming a Mount” quest repeats every 14 days. (12 days if the Timey Wimey Watch is equipped with turnins)

So it seems that the cool down period for taming a mount, and the time it takes to accrue the tokens required to purchase the armor is pretty well balanced (once you have tamed your first horse).

tgcougar wrote:
I kept doing tasks until I had 1000 of each coin -- still working on the purple currency -- no problems here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the horse armor/cloud tokens suggestion from last week's Q&A, folks! I'll take it into consideration.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 1:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Have you considered a sea expansion to the Island? I would like an aquatic environment for my fishy pets and mounts. It's not the same having them swim around the pasture.

Oooo, your own underwater space to decorate would be super novel! I'll note it down to consider.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 1:27 PM
Last Edited July 24th at 1:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

1 ) i know the idea was promised but are we going to have a pool for our rubber
duckies?

2 ) PS IM BUSY whacking bushes for armor for my four new mounts im on number two
its my birthday

3 ) If you want to think about something consider four new farm plots and a
windmill

4 ) whacky idea alert***

I realize not every hole can be a premium hole where you get gold and mana and power
BUT and here is my simple suggestion

----the end hole with the carnival tent--- when the ball goes in --- i dont think it would take too much time or trouble to make a little flag come out the top and wave and award what a premium hole awards.

Just a suggestion
most of the art work is done and it would be saleable like the clown and train
'
THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.

Hongkongelder1 wrote:

@flybaby if you do every thing at once which i dont i get my horses then i get my armor then who knows what will capture my interest in ths facinating game so far ive got: the unisus, the three mount/ horses--- armor for the unisus ---and now im working on the armor for the first mount/ horse.it'll all come in time. patience is a virtue

1) Yes, there will be a pond for the duckies! We've got the graphic ready, it's just a matter of me setting it up. I've been focusing on the Nate adventure for our next piece of permanent content, but I hope to get the pond ready after that.

2) Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the horse armor/cloud tokens suggestion from last week's Q&A.

And Happy Birthday!!!!

3) Farm plots and a windmill are on our suggestions list to consider, thanks :)

4) We'd want to differentiate a premium version of the tent golf piece somehow, but a different coloured tent might do it. I appreciate the suggestion!

Hongkongelder1 wrote:

can we get a discount on th barn pens they are higher than the mounts and pets we put in them

The pens are priced such as they represent a permanent hands-free xp gain for all your future pets/mounts! They're very valuable.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 1:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1-Recently, (last weekend already gone) you had a deal in getting iced tea drinks that give energy , I think you can expand it perhaps, here’s how I envisioned it..

5 Iced teas drinks – already available
10 Iced Teas drinks – NEW – will cost 10 dollars
15 Iced Teas drink – NEW – 15 dollars
20 Iced Tea Drinks – NEW – 20 dollars
25 – already available
30 Iced Tea drinks – NEW – 30 dollars
35 Iced Tea drink – NEW – 35 dollars
40 Iced Tea drinks – NEW – 40 dollars
45 Iced Tea drinks – NEW – 45 dollars
50 Iced Teas drinks – already available

2- CRAZY IDEA ALERT – the ability to decorate the commons to OUR liking

3-I have been reading about the tragic fires going on in Canada, what if we had a mini event, which raised awareness about wildlfires and we had Nate educate people on it, and we find him things and in the end we get something, and you could have a mount sale of a fire truck mount or one of those seaplanes that dump water on fires perhaps, and all proceeds from the mount go towards a charity helping the fire victims etc perhaps

1) Fair point. We could certainly change the Turbo Tea format to be increments of 5, instead of the current 3 different bundle packs. We'll take that into consideration!

2) I love this idea, however it might be a fairly substantial undertaking to set it up this way, and I'm not entirely sure on the cost/value proposition of it. I'll note it down to consider all the same.

3) That's a very kind suggestion to do a charity for the Canadian wildfires, akin to the Australian wildfire charity we did years back! We'll give it some consideration.