Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 123 - July 3rd, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 26th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday July 3rd at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 26th at 4:43 PM
mlmcc52
What can be done about players spamming you with requests to clear a path. I can only help once but sometimes get as many as 7 or 8 for a single path clear request
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 28th at 2:56 PM
mlmcc52
I selected the Black Camel as my mount but I cannot add a skin to it at the Cameleer's Shop. Are the skins only for the regular camel mount and not for the black or white camel mounts?
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 28th at 8:09 PM
Last Edited June 28th at 9:40 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
I know ive suggested this before but i realy think we need a option to use smaller ammount of blue packs instead of 25 or 1 at a time very time consuming clicking 5x till u lvl.

Something to spice up the flungeon maybe give a option for a natilie drop variety.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th at 3:07 PM
mlmcc52
About my comment on players spamming for path clearing, I just tried one and after selecting the users to send a request to and clicking send, I was still in the screen for making the request and could start again. That is fine but the list of potential helpers isn't updated to eliminate the users you already sent requests to.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 1st at 10:46 AM
Vegan1964
In a future update, can there be a way to permanently select a trait for a mount in a crate? Such as mana, energy or puzzle pieces?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 2nd at 1:27 PM
Last Edited July 3rd at 1:01 PM
Russel Denton
1-This question has been asked by both beginners and some veterans of late, and that is when to use quest and event trinkets/pets, here’s how I interpreted it :

For quests like in commons and hubs and even side quests from events, quest trinkets/pets will work , the only true mini-events, quest trinkets/pets work is for the butterflies and endangered species mini events

Now, the event trinket/pets, they work for all events in getting event items like seeds, pumpkins etc

So it is best to get at least as high as you can in both for events and quests
Same goes for just doing hub/common quests etc too

2-CRAZY IDEA ALERT – for the upcoming Halloween event, we could have Nate impart his knowledge to the younger trick or treaters, on how to scare people, and they accidentally wake up a trio of witches, they will not harm you if you help them with a few quests, at the end, we will get a big cauldron to put on our ranch along with a witch head mask like the clown one

3- Here's a few items that would go good as custom items for upcoming events:

- Jr Whacker event - we got already binoculars, so let's have a camera that goes
around our neck

- Halloween - a spider hat, or even top hat with a big ol' tarantula that crawls
out of it,

- Christmas - a snowman head mask, along with a broom sword,scarf and magical top
hat
45 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 12:58 PM
linkisthehero
Hiya, Nick! After recently-ish getting the Crockery Set ranch item from The Blighted Basin alongside playing some home decoration games, I got an idea for a new item suggestion that could go under the Wall Hangings category: shelves! They could be sold by the Furniture Salesman on Amicus Isle, perhaps in different lengths and other sizes, and not only could you put them on your walls, but maybe certain items could also be placed on them?
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

What can be done about players spamming you with requests to clear a path. I can only help once but sometimes get as many as 7 or 8 for a single path clear request

This isn't the intended behavior and is on my bug list to look into when I can. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

I selected the Black Camel as my mount but I cannot add a skin to it at the Cameleer's Shop. Are the skins only for the regular camel mount and not for the black or white camel mounts?

That's right. It's on our to-do list to enable the camel mount accessories for the black and white camels. In the meantime, you can only apply them to the base camel mount. Apologies for the inconvenience!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

I know ive suggested this before but i realy think we need a option to use smaller ammount of blue packs instead of 25 or 1 at a time very time consuming clicking 5x till u lvl.

Something to spice up the flungeon maybe give a option for a natilie drop variety.

Yes, the ability to use 5 or 10 small energy packs at a time is still on our requests list. I appreciate the reminder.

Normal bush trophies to drop in the Flungeon? I can see the appeal in also working on the base trophies while in the Flungeon, certainly. I'll note it down to consider.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

About my comment on players spamming for path clearing, I just tried one and after selecting the users to send a request to and clicking send, I was still in the screen for making the request and could start again. That is fine but the list of potential helpers isn't updated to eliminate the users you already sent requests to.

This is very insightful! I'll add it to my notes on this issue, thanks!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

In a future update, can there be a way to permanently select a trait for a mount in a crate? Such as mana, energy or puzzle pieces?

Do you mean like to lock in a bonus of the 4 potential next level bonuses you use Feeds to change? And what do you mean by a crate?
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:36 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1-This question has been asked by both beginners and some veterans of late, and that is when to use quest and event trinkets/pets, here’s how I interpreted it :

For quests like in commons and hubs and even side quests from events, quest trinkets/pets will work , the only true mini-events, quest trinkets/pets work is for the butterflies and endangered species mini events

Now, the event trinket/pets, they work for all events in getting event items like seeds, pumpkins etc

So it is best to get at least as high as you can in both for events and quests
Same goes for just doing hub/common quests etc too

2-CRAZY IDEA ALERT – for the upcoming Halloween event, we could have Nate impart his knowledge to the younger trick or treaters, on how to scare people, and they accidentally wake up a trio of witches, they will not harm you if you help them with a few quests, at the end, we will get a big cauldron to put on our ranch along with a witch head mask like the clown one

3- Here's a few items that would go good as custom items for upcoming events:

- Jr Whacker event - we got already binoculars, so let's have a camera that goes
around our neck

- Halloween - a spider hat, or even top hat with a big ol' tarantula that crawls
out of it,

- Christmas - a snowman head mask, along with a broom sword,scarf and magical top
hat

1) I think you've got it generally correct here. The quests bonus increases the odds to find items for any quest, which includes event quests. The caveats for this are it doesn't currently work for quest spawns (like finding birds wandering fields) and select quest items (usually where you have to find 1 and it's very rare). The holiday/event bonus is for finding items you turn in at event stations for progress and tokens. So a tip could be to always have the holiday/event bonus on during an event, and only have the quest bonus when you're actively working on event quests, and some other bonus otherwise.

2) Neat Halloween quest idea! I'll note it down to consider for this upcoming or a future Halloween event.

3) Great event item suggestions! I'll note these down for Georgia to consider creating for those upcoming and future events.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:39 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
linkisthehero wrote:

Hiya, Nick! After recently-ish getting the Crockery Set ranch item from The Blighted Basin alongside playing some home decoration games, I got an idea for a new item suggestion that could go under the Wall Hangings category: shelves! They could be sold by the Furniture Salesman on Amicus Isle, perhaps in different lengths and other sizes, and not only could you put them on your walls, but maybe certain items could also be placed on them?

Shelve wall items that you can place items on would make excellent ranch items! I'll have to see if this would require a bit of extra tech, but it might be worth it. I think this may have been suggested before hand, but I'll review and update its priority.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:46 PM
Vegan1964
Hi Nick, the new barn has what I think of as crates to put the pets and mounts in but I think you refer to them as pens. I would like some way to set the bonus the mounts give. Either by giving them enough pristine feed for 40 levels in the beginning or setting up a feed area they would draw from as they do for kibble.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 1:48 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,
Do you have a date for the Carnival Event?
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Hi Nick, the new barn has what I think of as crates to put the pets and mounts in but I think you refer to them as pens. I would like some way to set the bonus the mounts give. Either by giving them enough pristine feed for 40 levels in the beginning or setting up a feed area they would draw from as they do for kibble.

Ah, I see! That would be convenient. Adding the buttons and display for that might be a bit of work, but I'll note down and consider the idea all the same. Thanks!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,
Do you have a date for the Carnival Event?

Tentatively this coming Friday, July 7th.