Q&A 119 - June 5th, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Back from the previous one as well :D

[quote]
Aelendril wrote:

Hi, I was wondering why there is no mount progress like PAGAS pet progress?

Clint does have a "I'd like to see my mount collection" chat option that will open up a similar progress dialog to the PAGAS pet one.
[/quote]

My bad, because I meant unlike PAGAS, Clint doesn't offer tier rewards.

EDIT ; well these quoteses don't work here u_u

Ah, yes. Adding collection rewards for mounts like pets is something I've been considering. I imagine many folks could claim a bunch right from the get-go!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Double post because other thing,
In shops, when looking to buy pets, the game tells you "owned : x" if you have any.
There is nothing on eggs tho, is it possible to have "owned : x" if you do have the same in inventory, and "hatched : x" if you already hatched that kind? (the miracle of birth is beautiful)
Also, having these indications at Mindy's for the hatching quests would be great too.

A great suggestion! I don't think you're the only one to suggest this either. I'll review and adjust this suggestion's priority accordingly.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
1didisafe wrote:

just a remark.. the mail with the code (for the new horses), i got to my mail, says the new horses are "Generation 13 pets"... is it? how come... i took a pic: (it's in the middle) https://gyazo.com/b2d66add178310831dde834322b5c0a1

Oh no! That was made in error. Sorry about that. And there's no pet gen conspiracy implied with it either! Though gen 16 are on the way...
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FoufiDoom wrote:

Hello! I wanted to clear my ranch inventory from things available in my ranch store and I see this: https://imgur.com/a/OudVV5y You see I had already purchased the computer i/o, tower, the carpet and the beach towel, so they are available now to purchase using gold from the ranch store but as you can see they still appear in the Amicus shop for island tokens even though you can see that when I hover over them it shows I have them. Well not in my ranch inventory anymore but as I said they are available in my ranch's store. And I have a request. Could we see how many ranch items we have in inventory and placed somewhere when hovering over items in the ranch store? I'd like to know which items I don't have at all, nor in inventory neither placed somewhere.

Good observation! Ranch items sticking around in the Amicus Tokens store after you buy them has been a thing since it was first added, despite it breaking the convention compared to other stores. I'll note down your suggestion to have the ranch inventory and store tooltips include how many of said item you have and have placed. Its a good idea!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Am I reading Wiki right! There isn't going to be an Event until July???? That the Sports Event has been canceled???

Flybaby's reply is correct! We've been alternating between Summer Sports and Patriot events the past few years for June, so we can maintain just one main event per month. This year it's the Patriot event.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:42 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ikini wrote:

Also, I would like the eggs to say what generation they are so you can find it easily when talking to Misty.

This is a great idea and has been suggested before! It should be rather trivial to add, so I'll consider it for an upcoming update.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:47 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FoufiDoom wrote:

My mana and power bars were full and I was using the syphon trinkets but mana and power available from my mail box and the winged statue and golf courses form other players was not received and was not turned into energy and gold respectively. Is this a bug or is it on purpose?

The syphon effects only trigger when whacking bushes, so what you saw is the expected behavior.

Changing these effects to apply to other situations is something we're considering.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- In Last week’s Twitch stream, you talked about giving a noise to when we teleport etc, and I said what about the noise form stargate and you thought I meant the gate with the puddle of water in it, but in fact, what I meant was the teleport rings the Goul’d use to teleport and also seeing how the teleport icon looks like them anyways, lol

2- CRAZY IDEA ALERT – perhaps for a quest in Halloween,mini event or even april fools day, we could have aliens come visit the commons, and swap all the important NPC’S personalities around and we have to fix it some how, like Nate's personality in the town crier, Det. Kaines personality in Nate lol

1) Ooooh! Gotcha. Thank you for the correction. That would be a neat sound effect for that, and would match the blue ring teleporter icon in the game too!

2) Mind swap! That would be quite something! I'll note it down to consider.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:51 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick, yarngoddess asked me to relay a couple of suggestions:

1) ... would like a crochet hook sword
2) ... would like a place on our ranch or barn to grow hay (to re-roll mount bonuses)

1) A Crochet Hook sword is already on our suggestions list! Hopefully Georgia will make us one sometime!

2) Growing Hay is an interesting idea. I'll note it down to consider!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:53 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hi nick the billy goat from this gen is extremly difficult to get ive only got 1 and and thats because i bought the egg the odds of it dropping seem a bit wonky.

Can we also get a keyblade like the ones from kingdomhearts as a sword.

For each basic pet generations there are Common, Uncommon, and Rare eggs, which dictate how often you're likely to find them for Misty's quests. I believe the Billy Goat may be one of the rare ones.

A keyblade sword would be fun! I'll note that down.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 1:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Can we have potions or feed that affect our pets and mounts? Ones that add speed or double the points earned while active? They could change appearance or add abilities like making it more likely to double mana for a limited time.

That's an interesting idea! I can certainly see the appeal. I'll note this down to consider!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!