Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Completed Hildr's Boot Camp; Skin still locked

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 11:13 AM
s_prince
Hi, Yesterday I completed Hildr's Boot Camp, the reward for which is Hildr's Insectoidal Corruption skin. But the skin itself is still listed as locked when I try to use it.

Is there some kind of known delay in when certain skins become available after earning them or is this a bug? I've never had this delay happen before. I tried searching the forums but didn't see anything about this.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 12:08 PM
KyleOfKerbin
I've seen a similar problem with other unlocks in the past. I've never done a skin-related objective, but for Crusader unlocks in years prior, I noticed that I occasionally had to go one or two levels past the objective's goal in order to get the green checkmark. Even then, there's been once or twice where an unlock acted like it didn't go through but I wound up with the rubies or Crusader anyway. I guess the game checks itself yet again after you complete an objective?
Hope that skin pops up. I had this happen with an event jeweled chest a couple years back, but it fixed itself when I restarted the game.

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 12:26 PM
s_prince
Yeah, if you're still in the objective, it has to go to the next save point, which can be a level past the goal level. But I did that—it's definitely done and it showed that I completed and earned the skin. And the objective is now marked completed when I click on it again. But the skin itself is not in my actual skin bank.

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 12:27 PM
s_prince
Oh, but I just did what you said in your last sentence (re-started the game) and that worked!

Mods: Nevermind! Restarting fixed it. Thanks!