Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Paypal not working

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2021 at 5:06 PM
Last Edited August 21st 2021 at 5:09 PM
Animenut
I've already begun the process of contacting Paypal, but on CNE's end, the issue is that when I try to buy chests, the Paypal tab opens and results in a blank white screen. It never loads, and closing the window doesn't end the transaction in-game so I end up needing to refresh the game. Paypal might not resolve the issue before the current golden gear is made unavailable. Is there any way around this?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2021 at 12:45 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Which browser are you using? Are you on Windows or Mac?

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2021 at 1:18 PM
Last Edited August 23rd 2021 at 1:21 PM
Animenut
I'm on Windows and the Paypal window opens in Chrome.

EDIT: Also, Paypal still hasn't gotten back to me, so I've got nothing to add from their side of things.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2021 at 9:57 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hmm, that should work.

If you fully exit Chrome and then click the buy button in the game, does that allow the website to respond?

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2021 at 7:58 PM
Animenut
I'll do you one better. I restarted my computer entirely and tried opening the payment window and it still didn't work.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 10:50 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Huh, that's really weird.

Does the browser window/tab have the paypal URL in it, or it doesn't even have the URL?

Are you using any ad blockers in your browser that would have updated recently?

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 12:17 PM
Last Edited August 25th 2021 at 12:22 PM
Animenut
The URL is there and there's a moment on the page where I see all the "Paypal is loading" and whatnot with the loading circle, but once that has gone away and the payment screen WOULD have come up, it's just empty white space and the cursor doesn't interact with anything. So it's not like the assets are there but not visually loading, there's outright nothing to click. Everything else looks normal in terms of tab name, URL, etc. The actual payment screen just won't load.

As for ad blockers, nope. I've always used the same blocker and it hasn't updated recently. To my knowledge, nothing has changed on my end. Which doesn't help you much, I know.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?flow=1-P&ulReturn=true&token=EC-0EB93888MC2032319&rcache=2&cookieBannerVariant=1 This is the URL I get, if that helps at all.

Idol buff is gonna run out today and I like to keep that buff going all dungeon. Shame I won't be able to refresh it by supporting. Is there any alternate way, or should I just accept that the last days of the dungeon will be without the 50% buff?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2021 at 10:59 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Super odd.

If you have access to a different computer, you could try loading the game on that computer.

Or you could experiment with a different default browser, see if that opens the link.

Or if your game is linked to Steam as well, you could try making the purchase through the game on Steam.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2021 at 12:17 PM
Animenut
I am...THOROUGHLY confused now. So, I downloaded Firefox just to try it there and it worked. Payment screen loaded. But I didn't want to change my default browser every time I wanted to make a payment, so I gave it one more try on Chrome and...it worked. Been trying for days with no success, but it worked on Firefox ONCE and now it works on Chrome again.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2021 at 1:27 PM
Last Edited August 26th 2021 at 1:28 PM
Erika/Alyniana
....computers are fun.

Glad it's working again though.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2021 at 2:03 PM
Animenut
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeevermind. I just tried to do an actual payment (as opposed to the tests from before) and it failed to work on Chrome again. Went to try on Firefox and completed the transaction without any problems. Okay, so that means Chrome will work now, even temporaril- nope. Same problem as before. Because consistency is for chumps, apparently. I have no clue what to make of this.