Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Lost Woods Mini Event!
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 10th 2021 at 8:02 PM
Bobbi Brown
I think it would be nice if we could see what tier we are in, as well as which field.
Post by Bobbi Brown deleted May 10th 2021 at 8:03 PM
Post by Bobbi Brown deleted May 10th 2021 at 8:02 PM
Post by Bobbi Brown deleted May 10th 2021 at 8:02 PM
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 10th 2021 at 8:36 PM
Last Edited May 10th 2021 at 8:38 PM
Carter-M
Clearing on an area with bottom log doesn't let you progress unless teleported elsewhere.
Btw, my bushwhacker is also "Lenk" if someone is already my friend.
Post by Carter-M deleted May 10th 2021 at 8:37 PM
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 10th 2021 at 10:55 PM
Zingman
First Impression: Yay new content!!!

Second Impression: This is getting old quick...

---

Thoughtful Impression...

I don't know. I'm not sure if this is the solution to "flux fatigue" or not. I stalled out at 3/15 Tier 5 tonite. Talking to other people in chat Tier 8 is 24 puzzles, so 12 x 24 = 288 pieces = 2x flux puzzles. In some ways I think I'd rather do two 144-piece flux puzzles for 2x flux dust than twenty-four 12-piece puzzles for (hopefully) the same amount (at least) in an "endless flux". Will just have to see.

Also I think I'd find it a little bit nicer if the puzzle size started to increase a smidge with "depth", that way you could "shorten" the run a little bit (in terms of switching scenes) while still finding the same number of pieces. i.e. if Tier 8 had 30 piece puzzles you could "shorten" the run by only having 10 fields but would actually find more pieces.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 10th 2021 at 11:18 PM
WhackedCrafter
Well, I know Nick you put a lot of work into this, and I applaud you, but a a Long Term Zelda player, I'm a bit disappointed. Yes, new playing, but it has gotten boring very quickly. Just going around and around and rewhacking the same area for chests that really don't produce much. I like the sword, though, so probably will use it when my Runes are done in my present sword. I've made it through Lost Woods 7 and believe this is where I will end. I'd much rather spend the same amount of time, energy, and mana in Level Flux 19 to get Flux Dust, instead of getting nothing but Pink Topaz, Gold, and other low quality items in the Lost Woods chests. Sorry.. but too Mundane.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 12:15 AM
Russel Denton
so when this update was released i managed to ( on wildlifegurur007 account) do the first puzzle then you stopped it nick, i got back to it later about 7hrs later and i had to redo that 12 piece puzzle and then got stuck in log so i refreshed and same problem happened again, so i emailed you already ok, im not even trying again till i get confirmation that is fixed ok matey
Post by Russel Denton deleted May 11th 2021 at 12:16 AM
Post by Russel Denton deleted May 11th 2021 at 12:16 AM
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 3:00 AM
1didisafe
Nick, the info on the puzzle-pieces bar (top left of screen) still says "tier 1" after i advanced to tier 2,3...8...
Post by 1didisafe deleted May 11th 2021 at 3:08 AM
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 6:15 AM
Ivan Jose Morales Couce
Awesome Nick! i love zelda and link adventures! lsot woods and master sword story! so far this is fantastic and yes having problems going in the wood tunnels but i go a the commons and then reenter to the event
Post by Ivan Jose Morales Couce deleted May 11th 2021 at 6:16 AM
26 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 7:45 AM
Deb Vinney-Jensen
i'm stuck on tier one finished the 3 areas but when i leave and go back in im still just back where i started
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 8:03 AM
Last Edited May 11th 2021 at 8:38 AM
Flybaby
Nick, thank you so much for your hard work on the Lost Woods ... It certainly has a lot of potential to build on.

I know this is only a prelude to the "Endless Flux Dungeons," but since you asked for our feed back, here goes.

I do agree with other posters on this thread. I don't see this as an answer to "Flux Fatigue." It is too repetitive, and gets boring very quickly.

Suggestions to improve play
1. Chest rewards: Higher quality gems, flux dust etc.
2. More puzzle variety or preferably fewer/larger puzzles.
3. Toolbar icon showing the tier/area we are currently whacking in.
4. Ability to whack Quest Hub items

Here are a couple of suggestions for the future "Endless Flux."

1) Make game play more interesting by adding different types of puzzles in each area, or in the last area of each tier, or as we delve deeper into the dungeon.

-- For example, whack up quest items in one area, a jigsaw puzzle in another, maybe a Push-Block puzzle (like in the Salt Desert Quest Hub) and a "Diggery" in another area. There are many puzzle ideas in earlier BW2 areas that could perhaps be explored.

2) Ability to earn currency to buy "Store" items.

Thanks again for the great work that you do!
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 8:23 AM
Last Edited May 11th 2021 at 8:26 AM
click2806
It is quite a nice change from the Flux puzzle, and I can see a lot of potential and opportunities with this concept.

Some things that would be nice to have fixed/improved:
- Quest items from hubs should also drop in there. Just now it's the quest items from the commons, but no items from cloud city hub.
- Changing areas through the logs have a high probability to get me stuck within the log. I then have to reload and quite quickly go to amicus island with the first popup when loading. Just reloading and clicking away all banners will have me back in the field, but unable to move or change areas.
To avoid that, I open the chest and go back to the commons after, and re-enter via event area.
Down side of this approach is, I always end up in the same 'starting area', and don't get different areas as I did when I did use the logs to tele cross to other areas.

Suggestions for possible enhancements of the concept:
- Having different settings for the area / backgrounds, and randomize them, including the starting one.
- After finishing an area, open paths in all 3 directions, and give a choice of rewards, e.g. straight up is 1 flux dust, left is power/mana/fruit, right is gems/xp/energy (or some other logic), or different number of puzzle pieces (more puzzle pieces = more rewards) in different directions. Or different types of challenge, one is puzzle, the other is sliding puzzle, the next direction is speed challenge... so people can follow their prefered path.

Thanks for your work, great job!

(PS: Not sure about it, but might getting stuck in a log or at some field be connected to some animation not running through completely, maybe due to wobbly connection? I can't move either while a new log builds up, and when this doesn't finish, I need a reload as well)
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 9:15 AM
BarbZak
@Nick, I also want to thank you for the hard work you put into this..mini event for Lost Woods.

Moreover,,,

Flybaby's comments above , are SOOOO right on.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2021 at 9:47 AM
phagras
As a technology test I'm pretty happy with this. I'm sure when it's rolled out properly in Flux there will be more variety, larger puzzles & different rewards. Only problem I've had is like many, getting stuck in the log between puzzles. Usually travelling to the commons and going back in solves it but sometimes I've had to reload.

Other thoughts:
The summary popup at the end of the tier isn't obvious what it's for.
The puzzle progress bar needs to indicate the current tier.
Agree with comments that some areas could be something other than standard puzzle fields like sliding block, digging, ice maze, push block, special bushes from Salt Desert.