Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Do the "quest item" abilities actually...work?

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2021 at 10:44 AM
Animenut
Currently, I have three crusaders in my formation that cause my drop rate multiplier to be x2.91. Almost triple. And yet sitting here and watching the game idle on a single area, currency is only dropping once per 30 seconds, which would be 60 in 30 minutes, which is the same rate as using an uncommon warp. I remember the devs saying the warps are NOT affected by this multiplier, so wouldn't that mean the abilities aren't actually increasing the drop rate?

236 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2021 at 6:27 AM
Anubischick
Drop rate doesn't effect event currency, it's for the items needed to clear each zone. It's to make you clear areas faster.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2021 at 1:41 PM
Animenut
Does the stat just affect the likelihood that enemies will drop area items at all? Quite a while ago, when Trixie got released, I remember discussions about how "Trick or Treat" buffed token gain - substantiated by the later clarification that tokens from warps aren't affected by abilities. That would suggest that there are abilities that can hasten token gain. Unless the dev just meant that spawn speed doesn't affect the rate. I remember a dev saying the "normal" token rate is 2 per minute, suggesting there's an abnormal rate.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2021 at 1:52 PM
Erika/Alyniana
From Time Warps, and being offline, the game calculates the event currency as 2 per minute.

If you're actually watching for the currency to drop from a monster, it can drop from any monster killed in a 30 second period, so you could see the currency drop from one monster on second 30 and a currency drop from another monster kill on second 31 in a 60 second period, but it will average out to a 2 per minute drop.

And then if you've been idling on an area where you are not killing monsters, and then reset the world or go back to an area where you are now killing monsters again, the game will try to catch you up with currency for the missing monster kills in the time you weren't killing, so the currency may appear to drop faster.

The drop rate stat does only apply to the items required to complete an area and has no effect on event currency. It means you need to kill less monsters on an area in order to see all the quest drops required to complete the area.