Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Q&A 1 - October 7th 2020
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:15 PM
IamGroot
That would work beautifully, Bobbi Brown. Whatever is easiest for Nick. After twenty-some rejections in a row, I get a bit nuts, especially if I'm hurting for time.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:18 PM
Bobbi Brown
Right, and all the TPing slows down the game for many folks
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I am currently fiddling with a solution for knowing when the next subquest will be ready. The idea is to show sub-quest cooldowns in the quest bar tooltip when you hover over a quest there. This is for quests like the Explorer's League Part 6, where you regularly have to wait for a daily quest to cooldown before continuing.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:19 PM
Bobbi Brown
Question from the chatroom: when posting a link, there is no wraparound text and often links get cut off. Can that be fixed?
From me: there used to be an option to put chat below and that helped
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:20 PM
Robert Cook
Thanks Nick. Do you as a developer feel like there are to many events in a year. It seem like as soon as you finish one event another is popping up and you barely have time to do any side quests
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown/IamGroot, I can certainly see how annoying it is to try to find the more rare generation eggs to hatch, and have to go back and forth to Misty. I appreciate you sharing this suggestion and feedback.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:22 PM
Bobbi Brown
Another idea I was thinking about is for AI. Could there be a way for players to return to the same instance that they last left? It takes so long to load all the players in instance 2
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:23 PM
IamGroot
And since it's quiet here at the moment, I'll mention another idea for your list of things to think about "someday". The Area Progress icon is not functional in the Creepy Tower. (Kaine Quest in the Evergreen Forest).
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown, that's a great suggestion! The chat room tech for the Desktop Launcher is different than for the web version. It's actually the same tech that's used in Crusaders on Steam, so I'm kinda surprised the links don't work. It's something I'll look into when I get the time, hopefully before the end of the year.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:25 PM
Flybaby
Nick, that seems to be the same issue I asked about a month ago or more about wiki links not showing in full but other links do. You checked into it and could not find why it was being cut off
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Robert Cook, the event schedule is a lot to keep up with. We're happy with one event per month, but there's a period in July/August where there's an extra tossed in that's rather grueling for Georgia and I. We'd like to remove one, but we're worried it won't be received well, so we're considering the best way to manage that, should we go ahead with that plan.

It's the Summer Sports, Patriot, and Summer Carnival events that are the squished ones I'm referring to. The summer gauntlet! I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have on this.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:29 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown, I've been meaning to let you pick what instance you enter when going to AI. I'm not terribly familiar with the networking tech we use for it, so I'm still just poking around the codebase.

Your idea to simply load into the last one they were in might simplify things... I'll note it down!
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:30 PM
Last Edited October 7th 2020 at 2:31 PM
jelab
Nick, is there any way to have chat update automatically without manually refreshing every time to see new post.

I don't know if your answering us or not ??
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:31 PM
click2806
Are there any plans to link the Armorgame accounts to CNE, maybe similar to COTLI? Or are there any other plans /timelines to migrate these accounts?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:32 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
IamGroot, most of the adventures have the area map disabled. This is intentional, as we do some tricky things with hiding/showing/swapping fields you whack in for these.
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:32 PM
IamGroot
RE: Summer Events
Could you just not add new "twists" to one of them each year? (rotating) That way people would still have their event, even if there was nothing new to acquire in terms of the shops, etc.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby, yes you're right! Thanks for the reminder. It's worth another look, to make the Desktop Launcher the best it can be.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
jelab, it's been suggested to add a refresh button to the Desktop Launcher, so you don't have to close and open the program to get new BW2 updates. Is that something that would work for you?
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:35 PM
fox.notinsox
Hi Nick, is there any way we could get an option to find out what we need to buy for Cera Altepetl Proper ... like what we have for the cameleer and the supply shop in the Cenote site? It would make getting that last achievement less confusing. Thanks so much!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2020 at 2:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
click2806, I actually received news today that we're allowed to migrate players off Armor Games to CNE Games! There will be more details on this later on.