Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Explorer's League Part 6 & Ranch Mannequins!
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2020 at 1:26 PM
jpl77
alchemy tokens can be used in the burglary shoppe... and there are many items that cost 200 tokens...
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2020 at 1:44 PM
phagras
Yep. Bought all those that I want.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 12:26 AM
Russel Denton
i have an idea for the explorers league part 6, i read how some players want to know when it is available, i think, we could have either a parrot or flying fish appear in commons and tell us the Shadower is ready perhaps

happy to hear folks thoughts

From Russel Denton WildlifeGuru007/Ghostrider007
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 2:48 AM
phagras
Does the crier not say? That was added to previous EL quests so should be on this one too.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 4:01 AM
phagras
Teleporters!

The TP in Port Blackwood was really useful when getting keys. We need one on Feeshi Island (and Pompeii for those who haven't done that part yet). Unlock the build quest when the player starts that part of the League quests.

The list of destinations is getting big too so maybe sub menus like the Flux options:
Explorers' League
> Port Blackwood
> Pompeii
> Feeshi Island
Quest hub options
> Hermit
> Cloud Castle
> Sanctuary
> Explorer's Tent
> Skerbak City (We need one here for the weekly satchel)
> High Jungle options
> Cera Altepetl Boundary
> Cera Altepetl Proper
> Glaucous Quarries
> Shimmering Quarries
> Cenote Site
Flux options (Not typing all them out :P)
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 6:27 AM
phagras
While I'm on a roll with suggestions I've mentioned before about spoiler tags in chat. So if I type:
/sp spoiler text here

Then my words are blank until you choose to click them. That way people can ask for and get help without spoiling it for people who want to work it out for themselves. We used to use whispers for that on Kong but then nobody else could see if an answer was sent.
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 7:04 AM
Wackalott
That would be a good idea, but since the DL will only be available soon perhaps a dedicated room or use one that is their already when everyone is on the DL.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 7:08 AM
phagras
I wonder what the split between browser and desktop users is at the moment.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 1:40 PM
jpl77
+1 to teleporter
+1 to new chat feature like /spoiler. That being said can I get chat fixed??? Still useable.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 2:22 PM
Last Edited September 27th 2020 at 2:24 PM
BarbZak
Russ

I figure it out myself after I hand in to shadower..
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 2:27 PM
Last Edited September 27th 2020 at 2:30 PM
Russel Denton
@Phagras no the town crier does not list the new explorers league quest and when it is ready, thats why i reckon we have either a parrot or flying fish appear in commons and tell us the Shadower is ready perhaps

Also Phagras, i like your idea for spoilers, but just to add to it, i reckon for in chat one room gets dedicated for just spoilers only and it shall be named THE SPOILER ROOM
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 3:04 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
I love the idea phagras has for the /sp spoiler chat
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2020 at 4:34 PM
Flybaby
Ditto on Phagras' idea "spoiler tags in chat"
Ditto on Russ' idea "The Spoiler Room"
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 4th 2020 at 3:30 PM
Russel Denton
i just want to say , that i have been criticized from a few players for helping fellow players with part 6, they expect me too lead them to wiki or go to another room, no i will not do that i will help them there and then on the spot, and i know for a fact one of the players that have criticized me , in fact does spoil about new content when new zones comes out, so there is some double standards out there,
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 4th 2020 at 5:00 PM
Wackalott
I agree Russ the chat room is meant to be mainly for the game. I too was criticized for giving a hint it was ridiculous. It seems that these people want us to not say in chat which is ridiculous. As far as I am concerned it's a game and chat is for game. How can something be a spoiler when it is already in the game we have just not found it yet !!!I have decided to post "Spoiler alert" before I reply if that helps solve part of the problem. You know the real joke is that some of those players are past council members you think they would know better. Also on that note WHO are the council members I never see them in chat to help or ask about ideas.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2020 at 2:51 AM
phagras
Spoilers are always contentious. On Kong we used to use whispers and Discord has spoiler tags so that we can help without broadcasting answers to people who don't want to see. CNE chat has neither of those things which makes it tricky. Browser players are locked in room 1 which doesn't help. If everyone had access to multiple rooms I'd suggest room 1 be designated spoiler free and room 2 for spoiler chat. Then anyone who needs help can get it while those who want to work it out themselves can still participate in other chat. Maybe that can be brought in as a rule when most players have switched to the desktop client when Flash browser support has ended.

I don't see what's wrong with referring players to the wiki, that's what it's there for.

There's a discussion to be had about how old content has to be before it's considered not-a-spoiler and OK to be mentioned in open chat. A month gives most players who have reached that point time to complete but there will always be others who haven't got there yet. Then again the wiki info is usually complete by that point too.

As for council members in chat I'm usually hanging out there. I'm not at the moment because I'm avoiding spoilers for EL6. I am however still on Discord and obviously watching the forums.
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2020 at 3:16 AM
Wackalott
Thanks for that reply phagras, good to see someone reply without being rude :). Cne players always agreed to post "spoiler alert" first before posting. I agree with the idea of a spoiler only room when the download will be the only way to play, which will be soon enough.
I always miss dev chat due to time zone and always when I ask in chat the reply is "nothing" and complaints how Nick doesn't reply AFTER he says goodbye lol. Do you have an email that we can send requests/suggestions to. I didn't realise that the council members are now council members on the CNE platform, congrats.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2020 at 10:29 AM
phagras
There's a forum section for suggestions, that's the best place to post your ideas.

The player council members were originally drawn from all the platforms the game is played, by the end of they year we'll all be on the CNE platform.
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 9th 2020 at 4:44 AM
angrry
EL6 isnt there for me....the town crier isnt saying anything about it neither is there any info when i go to the 4th floor of the building....i've completed far past the cumulus fields but EL6 wont open for me
260 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 9th 2020 at 7:14 AM
kiki_ar
Hi angrry,
Have you completed EL5? That´s another prerequisite for this quest...
If you have, then maybe open a support ticket to fix it.
Good luck!!!