Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Reset Fatigue 2? Idols Over Time 2?

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2020 at 7:55 PM
tl93
To start, I am fine with the lowering from 3% to 1.5% idols reward, but I am not happy that the Dungeons have become for the most elite of end game players. With the original idol reward, I managed to get my game to the point of being able to justify running the Dungeon still. However, if the current idol reward had been in place from the outset, then I would not be playing the Dungeons due to the fact that Free Play runs would reward more idols.

Even now, Dungeon Points are not a worthwhile objective to me. Short of more talents or more major weekend boosts, I still won't be getting the Taskmaster with Points and the other rewards are nice to have but not needed.

Only now that Dungeon Coins can buy an idol boost means that they have value, but 25 Coins per week seems like enough and 1 or 2 runs per week is sufficient for that.

-----

If one aspect of the Dungeons is to make players spend time running them, then the nerf should be focused on players who don't want to spend time.

I would like to remind everyone of the original Sprint nerf: Reset Fatigue. I don't know that this solved all Sprint-related problems, but it did seem to work and the player base came to accept it. Therefore, I would suggest that the Dungeon should get a heavier Fatigue that signals to players the amount of time CNE thinks players should spend per Dungeon run. Two hours of Fatigue sounds about right to me.

NOTE: I want Free Play runs and all other non-Dungeon runs remain with the 30 minute Fatigue.

This kind of a nerf would allow lower end game players to benefit from the reward that they can achieve, even if they can't get to Area 5,000. Especially if such players have less than 3,500 Areas of Sprint.

-----

I would also suggest dividing the idol reward in the Dungeons be split between the Area defeated and the amount of time spent on the run. This would be like Idols Over Time, but instead of being open-ended, it would be capped similar to the Area cap on Dungeon runs. Here I would put the cap at 5 hours.

This would further move toward equalizing the reward for lower end game players for running the Dungeon.

tl93

-----

PS. I don't see the reason for the maximum idol reward in Dungeon runs is at Area 10,000. Especially if we actually nerf based on the time taken on the run. If Points and/or Coins are valuable, then players will run as deeply as they can, beyond whatever area is where the idol reward stops.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2020 at 3:30 AM
Last Edited August 13th 2020 at 3:44 AM
nope
Considering the area you can hit in 2h is around 5k i'd say that nerf is already in place for dungeons. Idol fatigue was to stop super fast resets pre sprint not sprint runs (I think you know this just clarifying for those that don't).

Not directed at the OP specifically but how about we stop suggesting punishments because some people like to play the game in a way you do not. You know what works better than negative reinforcement? Positive reinforcement. Want people to want to go deeper or run longer give incentives for doing so instead of punishing them for not. Dungeons already had 2 carrots for running deeper (coins and points) a third (idols) wasn't/isn't needed it just hurts people trying to transition into dungeons. The fact that the that points and coins are nigh useless is what needs/needed to be addressed.

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2020 at 8:38 PM
Last Edited August 13th 2020 at 9:26 PM
tl93
My suggestion is an attempt to help CNE get what they seem to want from the Dungeons: spending time on the runs.

My suggestion is an attempt to restore the utility/viability of the Dungeons for lower end game players (300 T to 4 Qd). Players who are completely nerfed for idols from the Dungeons now.

-----

As for what the fatigue was for, back then there was so little Sprint that Sprint runs were well under 30 minutes. Why is the penalty of Fatigue a reduction of idols?

If some Sprint runs back then were not (or are not now) for idols, then why would Fatigue deter anyone who had another reason to Sprint and reset in less than 30 minutes?

I now Sprint Free Play runs for chests, if I could do a Sprint run in less than 30 minutes, then I would reset as soon as I could, regardless of an idol penalty.

Regardless, now Sprint runs are at least 30 minutes, so Fatigue is no longer needed apparently.

-----

I realize now that I didn't add that with a Dungeon Reset Fatigue, the idol bonus could go back to a linear rate: 0.075% per 500 areas (half of the original rate).

If something like Dungeon Idols Over Time were added, then 0.05% per 500 areas (capped at 1%, area 10,000) and 0.025% per 30 minutes (capped at 0.5%, 5 hours).

-----

The problem with stopping the suggestions (for me) is the fact that the highest end game players are being rewarded and the other players are being penalized harder.

As I asked of CNE in the Announcement thread: what is an end game player.

It seems to me to be a player with 50 Qd idols, perhaps 100 Qd idols. The rest of us need to keep working with 7 T in Free Play while those players get to 10 Qn in the Dungeons.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th 2020 at 5:19 AM
TinDragon
Reset Fatigue was actually added to stop area 2 resets. Resetting at the end of sprint was still more efficient than running a full run (before the fatigue was added) but the problem was that the most efficient strategy at the time was using a gold form to buy a massive amount of crusader levels and then immediately resetting at that point.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th 2020 at 8:10 AM
nope
There are other ways to bring the middle ground back in line without adding more debuffs and nerfs. The scaling is done piecewise so all that is needed is to change how the pieces work. Some examples have been suggested (see the reddit charts) and CNE just isn't interested in changing anything else for this season. You can even make your own https://bit.ly/Dungeon_Idols

Oona will help the people stuck post dungeon overcap but pre dungeon limbo a bit but also increases the idle requirement needed for viable dungeons

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2020 at 8:57 PM
Animenut
I'm siding with tl93 on this one. Got nothing else to say, honestly. He's already said everything I would have said. No need to repeat what has already been said.

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2020 at 5:30 AM
Last Edited August 22nd 2020 at 5:48 AM
MisterC8
This game would deteriorate and become stagnant if dungeon idols don't get a major revamp in the next update after nerf.

My dreaded suggestion is that to nerf-to-death all dungeon idols beyond Area 5000 to ultimately prevent any further exploit. This is to flatten the curve of the idols in dungeons. This would be a fatal blow to low and high-end players, and such. This would be possible and certain for now.

Area 5500 would be 0.11% of total current idols.
Up to area 10000 would be 0.20%

Reduce daily objectives of dungeons to 12 and reduce seasonal days to almost 60, down from 90.

Removal of idol bonus for dungeons would be a good idea.

I support permanent dungeon idol fatigue that would persist only in dungeons to avoid exploit. Make it less fun and that's all.

I am siding with Teschio.

Diminishing returns in dungeon idols would be a perfect idea.

Sprint nerf would make this health of the game deteriorate for the newcomers unless we need revamps to liven the game to have overhaul among with balance changes.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th 2020 at 11:26 AM
Teschio
@MisterC8

"I am siding with Teschio"

Weird, since I haven't commented on this topic. And incidentally, I completely disagree with your suggestions. All of them.