Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Update concerns

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 1st 2020 at 11:20 AM
Animenut
Woo, idol buffs finally affect idol gains in dungeons. Buuuut...It took a while. What can be done for the people like me who've had massive idol buffs wasting away uselessly while grinding away in dungeons until now? It's no exaggeration to say I've had upwards of 50 days worth of unused idol buff time. Between the roughly 30-40 (cant remember exactly) days I had when dungeons began plus the increments of 9 days each time a new event happened and I bought chests to gear up the new crusader, I have a TON of wasted buff days.

Unfortunately, I don't have any way of providing proof of these numbers. Maybe the devs know or have access to something that I don't that can help. Regardless, I'm sure this concern applies to many players out there.

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 1st 2020 at 5:51 PM
tl93
I agree with you to the extent that you mean that CNE should be interested in keeping you happy, given that you seem to spend a significant amount of money on the game.

At the same time, CNE clearly thinks that the Chests are the value, not the Golden Epics, not the Buffs. Also, any purchases after you knew that the buff was not effective would not hold much weight for reimbursement since you had the knowledge.

But yes: CNE, and all of us players, should want you to continue to spend money on the game. I don't know what would be possible or worthy, but some sort of thank you/acknowledgement seems appropriate.

I would also point out, that if the current dungeon idol reward regime had been in effect since Day 1, then it is entirely likely that you would have gotten fewer idols than you have gotten from the original regime.

I got about 2.75 quadrillion in the original regime, averaging about 2% idol bonus per run and I only used the 15 free runs each week. With the new regime, I would've gotten 1/3 the number of idols, so about 1 quadrillion. With Challenger's Glory active, that would be 1.1 quadrillion, adding Empowered gets to 1.7 quadrillion. Even adding Spoils would get me back to 2 quadrillion, still 0.75 quadrillion short of my actual gain.

If you were getting to area 10,000 every run, then the idol boosts would be more effective. My simple evaluation indicates that you would be due +12.5% more idols for the time that you had all 3 buffs active. But you would still be down 6.25% when you didn't have Spoils active and the other two active.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 1st 2020 at 9:32 PM
Last Edited August 1st 2020 at 9:33 PM
Animenut
They've been understanding in reinstating buffs under other conditions before. For example, I had bought an idol buff literally 1 hours before my area had a major power outage that lasted almost 4 days. I contacted them about the occurrence and they were kind enough to re-apply the buff so I could take advantage of the benefits I paid for.

Of course, I wouldn't have any claim to know whether the kindness was due to moral debts to be paid or financial benefits, but either way, the deed was done.

As for comparing payouts pre- and post-change, even with the buffs, the payouts post-change don't really approach the pre-change amounts. The payout got severely gimped to the point of near-pointlessness. Still a better payout than normal Free Plays with bonus idols, but...sigh. Maybe it was changed to make idol buffs more desirable? Originally, I thought it might have just been a balancing thing, reducing the base payout but adding buff effectiveness, but even with the buffs, the payout is less. It wasn't balanced out, it was actively reduced. By design or by accident, I wouldn't claim to know.

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2020 at 6:01 AM
MisterC8
Nerf of idol gain in dungeons would lead to deterioration of this game. Be aware of this.