Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Mutiny

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 21st 2020 at 10:03 PM
Animenut
One question: HOW?!

All the best crusaders are unavailable, so...HOW?! I'm currently at almost 20-trillion idols and my Morrigan formation could barely make it to 1100. Is there a better formation to use? I can't imagine the talents are going to be able to push those extra 400 areas, so if anyone has already done it, any hints?

At a glance, it seems impossible to do entirely due to all the best crusaders being nuked. Unless someone knows something I don't, it's feeling a lot like the objective needs to be reworked.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 22nd 2020 at 4:53 AM
Last Edited March 22nd 2020 at 4:57 AM
Teschio
Well, it looks like for once, I did better than you :D

There is only one answer: buffs. Somehow DPS buffs are multiplicative, when you have Lingering Buffs. I personally dumped at least 1000 DPS cards (took a while, you can't use mutiples at a time), to get at least a e90 boost.

And before that, I used Littlefoot for Storm Rider, using A LOT of timewalk buffs, so that in the end everyone had 2000+ EPs, and my Storm Rider buff was quite high (plus the fact that Littlefoot boosts DPS based on her EPs as well).

Oh, and Alacrity also helped a ton. She is worse than Xygallix normally, but she can still buff your gold find and DPS substantially, particularly when female.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 22nd 2020 at 1:07 PM
Animenut
To be fair, I didn't bother with using cards because it was 400 areas and I wouldn't think cards, even at insane quantities, could push anywhere NEAR that far. It's not like I don't have the cards to spare, but I didn't want to end up dumping some ABSURD amount of resources into what I thought would still end up being a failure anyway.

I'll probably do some idol farming to pump a few more levels into multiplicative talents before giving it another go and just...force myself to use cards lol I don't like using them, for the same reason I don't like using items in action RPGs - I believe everything in a game should be doable with non-optional tools, and items in RPGs are limited, making them optional and unreliable. At this stage in the game, cards are as common and plentiful as water, but it still feels icky to me to rely on them, especially to the tune of THOUSANDS being used for just one run. I've got 2500+ epic warps, but that's besides the point.

After pumping levels into talents for a while, I'll try the cards tactic, but....I'm gonna hate how it feels. Using Littlefoot could potentially be better, too. I was using Thalia because of the gold buff, but in retrospect, it might be better to dump everything into his gold find, use it two or three times, then switch all those mats into Littlefoot before avalanching warps on the team. Still unsure how that could amount to FOUR-HUNDRED AREAS, but I guess I'll see for myself soon enough.

As an aside, which area did you make it to before using the cards to progress?

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 22nd 2020 at 2:29 PM
Last Edited March 22nd 2020 at 2:34 PM
Teschio
Well, I used warp cards with Littlefoot a lot, before going the DPS cards route, but I think I needed DPS cards at about stage 1250-1300. I also spent an insane amout of time disenchanting all legendaries and upgrading the items of my new guys (and after that, same time spent on switching everything back). I also had Slisiblyp in the formation, so I used crit cards as well (but not nearly as many as DPS cards, just enough to have a reliable 100% crit rate). Alacrity was great, I set her as female surrounded by 5 crusaders, and I was buffing her Scoundrel familiar item to at least lvl 12 iirc. Finally, I had Veronika, Katie and Agent 79, so projectiles were very effective (coupled with high click damage from Slisiblyp, and the fact that they critted every single time).

BTW, you don't need more idol runs. You have like 3 times the idols I have, if I made it, so can you, easily. And increasing max numbers is completely worth the effort, I can now make more than double the amount of idols per run I was making before. And with Deadly Tales too, I can finish a run faster than ever.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that statement about making double the usual amounts of idols. I just completed a run, and I also used some buff cards just to advance further (I could not remember a time when I wasn't able to reach the cap... this is great!). I got almost 400B idols for that, more than 4 times what I used to get before. And it wasn't on RP2 either, I'm looking forward on trying that and see if I can break half a trillion :D

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 22nd 2020 at 7:12 PM
Animenut
UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHFINEILLDOIT! I hate using cards lol But the benefits outweigh my hangups. Mind posting a picture of the formation you used? If you remember. Same formation as Ghostbeard's Greed, so you'll be in that formation soon anyway. Pretty much NONE of the 'saders I ever use are available, so maybe you made a better formation than I did.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 23rd 2020 at 1:24 AM
Last Edited March 23rd 2020 at 2:57 AM
Teschio
I don't really remember the exact formation, plus some of the ones I used will surely be on missions... but I can tell you the crusaders I'm sure I used: Slisiblyp, Veronica, Larry, Roboturkey, Katie, Penny, Euodia, Littlefoot, Agent 79, Dr. Evil, Ishtar, Alacrity and Morrigan. I put Alacrity next to 5 crusaders, 3 of which were Larry, Morrigan and Ishtar to set her as female, that I'm sure of.

BTW, I'm curious about your usual formations, because even though I have every crusader in full legendaries like you do, I do use some of those in my regular runs (Slisiblyp, Penny and Euodia, in some maps Dr. Evil too). Maybe there's something more efficient I haven't thought of...

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 23rd 2020 at 4:24 PM
Animenut
https://imgur.com/a/H0IEY02

These are the formations I use in the two best acts when idol farming. At least, that's what they look like by the end. I did end up beating the objective last night. Reallocating my materials made the most difference, but I also used about 25 epic warps with Littlefoot and 100 common/uncommon/rare DPS/Crit cards each. Still had to rely on well-timed Gold-o-Rama uses to push the last 30 areas.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2020 at 2:53 AM
Last Edited March 24th 2020 at 3:32 AM
Teschio
Interesting, you are mimicking Langley, not Milgrid? I though a souped-up We've Got to Go Deeper was nearly unbeatable... I would also never have guessed Kaine or Casey, to be honest... especially the latter, which is quite random (unless you disable everything but vegetables). But just to try it out, I replicated you GG formation, swapping out some gear, but I ended up with e40 less DPS... that is the cost of not mimicking Milgrid for me. But I moved things around a bit, and realized that Kaine is a great source of "human" tag, which I need with The Evanescente to propagate to Wrena (I can get the Female one from Mycall anyway), and I swapped it for Penny, that goes to the bench forever now. But Casey, I could not make work.

Anyway, this is my current GG formation (the previous one was just Penny instead of Kaine): http://prntscr.com/rls83t

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2020 at 10:06 AM
Animenut
The purpose of not mimicking Milgrid is because the Twins' provide an enormous boost based on human/females, and by mimicking Langley and setting Eva in the same column as Mindy, the "human/female" tags get spread across the entirety of 4 columns. Most of the formation becomes human/female, so the Twins' abilities get a gigantic boost. While typing this, I swapped Milgrid and Twins, let Mindy mimic Milgrid, and lost e8 DPS. Casey is in there because she's a 3L crusader for Wrena and is naturally human/female, so she can go into spots that aren't affected by the tag-spreading to add another human/female where the tag-spreading cannot reach.

Less important, but also of note: Twins are gold crusaders, so that tag gets spread out as well. Kaine's legendaries stack with XP and gold tags, so having him in the formation the whole time will accrue XP for one legendary, and when Eva comes in, his gold tag legendary pulls it's weight. Plus he's the only 3L gold finder in that slot that has a gold ability that can reasonably be spread using the aforementioned method, which amounts to a LOT of gold find. In the GG formation, with Kaine at 10/10/10, his legendary buffs from left to right (after a night-long run) for me are 197K/322K/51.2K

Although, I tried your formation and did get more DPS out of it. I went all in on the Twins' ability because I've been hitting the cap for so long I never even had to think about optimizing a formation. Completely missed the fact that the "female" and "human" tags can be retrieved from Mycall and Kaine, passed through the formation without Mindy adding a column, and gain Milgrid's effect as a result. When I figured out the tag-spreading trick, I just went "Cool", went all-in on that, never didn't hit the cap with incredible ease, and never needed to question it. Thanks for the formation suggestion. The downside to having so many idols is that the game becomes easy and critical analysis becomes less and less necessary, and therefor, forgotten lol However...

What do you mean you can't find a use for Casey? Like I said, I just copied your formation, but all I did was swap out Euodia for Casey and got nearly e2 more DPS out of it. Both have the same level legendaries, and Euodia's slot, for me, even has over 1000 more EP (not that it really matters), but Casey being in the formation is just overtly better. Euodia's mask doesn't affect Wrena in that formation because she's human, so Euodia becomes a 2L crusader.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2020 at 12:14 PM
Teschio
Damn, you have legendaries at lvl 10? How many materials do you have? I just downgraded everything to lvl 7, just so I could upgrade Wrena's necklace to lvl 14... and even when it was lvl 13, I had everything at lvl 8 and about half at lvl 9...

You may be right about Casey, I'll try her out. Even without her formation skills, which are quite negligible, the extra legendary alone should make a difference. Well, it looks like we both improved each other's formations :D

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2020 at 1:26 AM
Animenut
Yup, 10s for the most part, but that won't be the case soon. I'm very close to bringing Wrena's amulet from 13 to 14 without needing to sacrifice too many levels. Once everyone is at 10, I'll bring them down to 9 (maybe some 8s) to bring her amulet to 14. I've only got 4 (meaningful) level 9s left before the biggun. Shouldn't her amulet be kept no more than 5 levels above the average, at most? 4 is more ideal. Hence why I've waited so long. Approximately 30 legendaries being brought down one level is 2^30, so 536,870,912x damage. Ergo, about 5.3e8. Another whole level would raise that much higher, and going from amulet level 13 to 14 is...like e14, right? Maybe slightly lower. Did I do all that math right?

I don't know how to check EXACT material numbers, but I'd guess somewhere in the vicinity of 4mil commons? Considering 127,000 (amount for 1 level 10) X 30 (ish), then add in Wrena's level 13 and whatever other random mats are floating around auxiliary crusaders not used in my main formation (Aegis, Robosanta, etc).

P.S. Using your formation idea, I hit a reset of about 980,000,000,000 idols lol

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2020 at 1:38 AM
Teschio
Damn, you are so much stronger than I am :D I barely managed half a trillion in RP2 and with some buff cards to boot...

I didn't do the math on Wrena (well, I did a while ago, but I forgot now), but since I disenchanted ALL items precisely to complete Mutiny, I noticed I could bring it to 14, so I did... maybe not the most efficient choice, but I had wanted to do that for a while :D Besides, it's refreshing not having to wait 32k or 64k to upgrade your tems, it takes forever... 16k gives you at least something to look for in the short term.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2020 at 11:04 AM
Animenut
That's definitely how I felt when I leveled Wrena to 13. The legendaries all being lower meant it was easier to level them back up. It's what I'm looking forward to after reaching 14.

Little tips on how I play the game: I have a job, so my main idol runs start when I leave for work and when I go to sleep. Since I know how long the idol runs take to finish, if there's only a few hours before work or bed, I do chest-farming runs since they only take about 45-50 minutes. I keep doing those until about 10 minutes before sleep or work, then start an idol run. Speed(ish) formation with one DPS-support switched in for work to keep the formation going until I get back, and my DPS formation with Thalia switching in for sleep so it'll go as far as possible and still benefit from Storm Riders.

Playing like this gets me tons of chests and makes sure the Free Play bonus for all acts is pretty much constantly maxed.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2020 at 11:29 AM
Teschio
Unfortunately, I can't devote enough time to the game for chest runs. I can finish a couple of runs per day, but usually every run I start gets as far as I can. This means I seriously lag behind, when we are talking about materials.

On a side note, are you using Thalia? I use Frosty for Storm Rider, refreshing its insanely long cooldown with Mycall... Yeah, Thalia boosts gold too (although I'm not sure if that translates into DPS like gold from crusaders, the talent's description seem to imply it doesn't, and I haven't checked), but Frosty's bonus is higher even factoring in the gold gain, and without requiring two items to do that.

I'm doing 4 maps on rotation, to have max free play idol bonus. Three is not enough to ensure that, unfortunately. I'm using GG, RP2, APoD and MFR, I truly wish I could drop APoD since it's the least effective one of the 4, but all other maps are worse... but in order to do that, I would need to make chest runs too, and as I said, I don't usually have the time for those.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2020 at 1:05 PM
Last Edited March 26th 2020 at 11:43 AM
Animenut
I'd recommend that whenever you do have time to babysit the game, prioritize chest runs just to cap off your materials. Idols are great and all, of course, but if you fall behind on materials, you'll feel it.

Yup, Thalia. For a while, I considered Frosty, but wasn't too sure about how much of a difference it would actually make, and I like the gold buff helping me build my formation faster. I'll try Frosty for a few runs and let you know if it makes any meaningful difference, though. It has been confirmed that Thalia's gold buff doesn't affect DPS, fyi.

Yup, same four acts for me, except that thanks to chest farming, I basically just swap between GG and RP2 and use MFR as an alternate idol farm if there's a situation where I want idols but don't want to use up the FPB on GG. For example, heading out for midday plans not involving work or sleep and a normal chest run will be long since over by the time I get back, so I just start an "auxiliary idol run" while I'm away to get chests and idols the whole time. I prefer saving GG and RP2 for overnight runs so their higher idol counts are affected by the time bonus.

UPDATE: Just did GG again with Frosty overnight, and even after some INCREDIBLE luck with insta-cooldowns at the beginning which let me do something like 8 Magnify/StormRider combos, it amounted to nothing more than a Thalia run. Only pushed 1 extra area, and not even past a boss area. Just from 5017 to 5018.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 6th 2020 at 6:25 PM
Samuel
I was able to complete Mutiny with a just under one trillion idols. Kebos ended up my top DPS, by far. Tiernan was the biggest support. I had the advantage of doing it last week with Adina, too, which kept Tiernan going constantly. My base item level was seven across the formation with the gold boosting ones at nine or ten. I had to burn a few hundred cards for the last push. Heh, and until catching this thread (which is just about my first forum experience here), I'd been pretty happy about jumping from ~25 billion for a run to ~300 billion for my first post-Mutiny run on MFR.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 7th 2020 at 6:37 PM
Animenut
Don't let any of us take away your happiness for reaching a new high lol I remember way back when I was overjoyed for my first 1mil+ reset, and I'll be just as happy when I eventually do a 1quad reset in a few years lol It's all a part of progression. You made a big leap in your own game. Be proud of that regardless of what anyone else has accomplished, because those people who've done more had to be at your point in the past at some point. Don't think about it as not stacking up to someone else. Think about it as learning that such a thing is possible and now you have a long-term goal to look forward to. Idle games are about patience and dedication paying off. So let them pay off. You'll be resetting for 1tril+ eventually, too.