Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Just Starting!

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2020 at 4:33 PM
dRiego
Hi to all, can someone tip me off, point me in the right thread to read, or perhaps give me some advance tip to start with? im on my 8 reset, trying to finish Dig In, and want to start with the right foot! thanks a lot guys!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2020 at 8:14 PM
Teschio
The best advice I can give you is, don't rush objectives. If you can't finish an objective basically insta-killing enemies, do some more Free Plays and come back to that objective later. Idol bonuses, extra materials to improve legendary items, and more points in talents will eventually make almost all objectives easy. Therefore, it's a waste of time to spend several days on any objective: if you can't do it in half a day, don't do it at all. There are very limited exceptions to this (11th objectives that give bonus idols, or increase maxmimum numbers), but in general it's best to just focus on Free Plays. And between those, use the formations that allow you to progress further, such as RP2. This is a grinding game, it requires patience: don't rush things.

Oh, and always, ALWAYS do recruit and gear missions. There are some crusaders that drastically improve your effectiveness (Mindy, Wrena and Milgrid are the best ones, hands down, but there are lots of great crusaders out there). If you need to use a crusaders that is usually in your formation in order to have a higher chance of success, don't hesitate to do it: you will not regret it in the long run.

Finally, experiment with formations. I can guarantee you that you will change your main DPS crusader (because you should have only one, with everyone else buffing him/her or speeding up your runs) many times during the game, as you acquire new crusaders and gear that makes your old choices obsolete.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 12th 2020 at 11:35 AM
Last Edited March 12th 2020 at 11:36 AM
paulb104
I totally agree with Teschio. I've been playing for over four years and I wish someone had given me this advice in the beginning. I would spend four or five days pushing to do an objective and there just simply isn't a reason to. If you cannot do it, then back out and do some more free plays. Do more missions. Always more missions.

The COTLI website is a **huge** resource of information and I cannot promote it enough https://www.fantamondi.it/cotli/index.php. So many charts, lists, recommendations, and more.

From there you should use the Mission Success Calculator. http://ninetygoals.com/coli. You import your game into COTLI, then export it from COTLI and import it into MSC. Then when you get a mission to recruit a new crusader the website will let you know which crusaders will give you the best chances of success in the mission.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 12th 2020 at 8:41 PM
dRiego
Thank you all for replying. I switch between strategy according on how i can play. The weekend i can be more online, so i reset more often, and during this days i was able to reset just some times. But its just so hard to get “quick” to lvl150, that i dont think in objetives yet. I just try to focus on idols and how to get them. Paulb104, now i cant see those links but i will as soon as I can, do you think they are worth looking and using?
About the missions, i only do the ones that give me enchantments.
Can someone please elaborate a little more about missions, gears and crafting items?
I have never spend any rubies yet, and save chests from the moment i read it depends on %. Save them for a deep trip (maybe this weekend).
For now, with no additional crusaders, i quick recluit as soon as i can, go for double dragon, and then its ALL Sasha. Sasha is for now, and by far, the greatest dps dealer i have. I understand it can chance, but now its what i go for.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2020 at 6:38 AM
paulb104
The COTLI website is a **huge** resource of information and I cannot promote it enough https://www.fantamondi.it/cotli/index.php. So many charts, lists, recommendations, and more.

From there you should use the Mission Success Calculator. http://ninetygoals.com/coli. You import your game into COTLI, then export it from COTLI and import it into MSC. Then when you get a mission to recruit a new crusader the website will let you know which crusaders will give you the best chances of success in the mission.

ALWAYS do recruit and gear missions. There are some crusaders that drastically improve your effectiveness (Mindy, Wrena and Milgrid are the best ones, hands down, but there are lots of great crusaders out there). If you need to use a crusaders that is usually in your formation in order to have a higher chance of success, don't hesitate to do it: you will not regret it in the long run.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2020 at 11:55 AM
Teschio
Open chests, you don't get anything from hoarding them. Items (until you have everyone in full epics) and materials are a BIG boost. You should also upgrade every epic item you can to a legendary, at a rate of 2-3 per week, depending on how many catalysts you have available (the cost increases, but it resets after a while, with 3 catalysts per week you can upgrade a couple of items every week). The bonus you get with a few upgraded items is much more impactful than the gold, and on top of that it's a permanent boost.

Remember to spend your idols on talents, this will drastically improve your effectiveness.

Try experimenting with formations. Sasha can be decent at the start, but I guarantee you that you WILL change your main DPSer as you acquire more gear and crusaders. I've lost count of how many times I had to completely rework my formation because I found a better alternative. I'm using Wrena now, and unless they put out something EXTREMELY powerful I can't see myself switching anytime soon, but it took a long time to settle on her... the point is, at the beginning even something as small as a piece of gear can drastically change your formation. Don't be afraid to try out new things.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 15th 2020 at 1:40 PM
dRiego
i got so little amount of crusaders xD xD i fill the info in the site but im still in worlds wake, today finish the long haul, dont know if im going slow or not. still trying to figure it out the missions :S

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 15th 2020 at 5:12 PM
Teschio
The only crucial missions that you need to do are the gear, recipes and recruitment ones. Those you should NEVER skip, even if it takes crusaders normally in your formation to get a higher chance of success.

Progress at the beginning tends to be kinda slow, but using idols on the right talents, getting more gear (which means opening chests, always do that), and eventually getting more crusaders should allow you to speed up soon. This is a grinding game, don't rush things.

Also, you said you just finished "the long haul", which is an objective. Don't do those, not at the beginning. It is much, MUCH better to just do free plays at the moment, and get stronger. Objectives will be trivial in a little while.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 15th 2020 at 5:23 PM
dRiego
Dont do that objective exclusively. I dont do the free play cause its bonusless rn, so i was doint that run instead.when i can be in front of the pc, I reset, get to that point when its more wait and grind, and reset again. When i cant be in front of the pc, i idke the rub (thats how i ended up doint that objective today. So you again strongly suggest me to do the mission? (Today I craft my first legendary gear, and open all my chest before reset, ended up equipping all my crusaders (y) ) when you say do the missions even if it uses my regular crusaders, you always mean it? If i left with weak ones and cant “progress” and reset easily, use then too? Sorry for bother haha

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2020 at 9:33 AM
Teschio
As I said, most missions you can skip. The only ones you NEED to do are those that allow you to recruit new crusaders, improve their gear, or get recipes (ideally, recipes for epic items). Those are the important ones, you can do the others when you have crusaders to spare. But yeah, the missions I listed above you should ALWAYS do, even if it slows your progress a bit, because it will massively benefit you in the long run.

On legendary gear, upgrade the legendary effect whenever you can. No change is permanent, you can always disenchant and get all your materials back, that's why you should spend them all.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2020 at 10:19 AM
dRiego
looked the missions i have, but it seems i lack some crusaders to get some fair chance to do it. dont have any event, any elf, orc robot angel crusader yet. so i just stick to the idols. today i reach 1k idols, and get the dps full equipped crusaders passive talent to lvl 5 (y)

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2020 at 7:03 PM
Teschio
That's good, that talent should boost your DPS nicely. But gear and (eventually) more crusaders is even better. I don't remember how hard event objectives are, but you may be able to do some of the tier 1 ones, thereby getting more crusaders, when the next event rolls in. Another talent you should look at is the "super clicks" one, especially if you have a taskmaster devoted to clicking, and put the Bushwhacker next to your DPSer. And when you finally reach area 300, which should be fairly soon, invest heavily in Efficient Crusading, that will give you a lot more idols.

Your second goal should be to reach area 750 fairly easily, and do the Tier 2 11th objective on World's Wake, that unlocks bonus idols (the vast majority of the idols will come from there). Also, try unlocking other campaigns, their maps are better that WW for farming idols.

As for mission, do them anyway. Missions are on a fixed cooldown, which means it doesn't matter whether you skip them, fail them or succeed them, you will still get the next one at about the same time. So, DO THEM. Even a small chance is better than nothing at all. Remember, focus on the recruitment missions (those that give you extra crusaders), gear missions (which improve existing gear for a crusader) and epic recipe missions (those that give you recipes, which with materials will let you craft epic items). All those missions are epic (purple), ignore the other ones for the time being, unless you have time and crusaders to spare.