27 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2019 at 4:07 PM
Last Edited September 26th 2019 at 4:13 PM
Eike Bunn des Präsident
Hi guys,

I just stumbled upon a maximum dps border that looks like a bug:
I can't go above 1.80e308 dps.

Photo: https://i.imgur.com/jjrN98u.png

Given the formation on the photo, removing any two support crusaders (e.g. Montana and Mr. Boggins) from the formation will reduce the dps below 1.80e308 dps, but removing just one of them will not change the dps at all. Vice versa, re-adding one of the removed crusaders puts by dps instantly back to 1.80e308 dps, while adding the second crusader has no effect on the dps.

The game appears to forbid going above this level for some reason.

Is that a know bug?

Best regards!

Edit: Just to add that, not even a dps buff will increase my dps beyond the mentioned limit.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2019 at 1:53 AM
Vingummi
There is a few objectives you can do to unlock new caps. e400 and e600 and also the new talent called Arithmagician which gets you to e800.

I think it's 11th objective tier3 in Ghostbeard campaign to get e400.

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2019 at 9:19 AM
FingerDemon
Also, Ready Player Two - Tier 3 - Bullet Hell; Reward: Bigger Numbers
raises max number to 1e600

27 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2019 at 12:00 PM
Eike Bunn des Präsident
Wow, so this is intentional?
Definitely needs some proper hints ingame, it's somewhat confusing :)

I haven't played for one and a half year. Was this being included recently?

Thanks for your responses!

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2019 at 9:33 AM
Vingummi
Old content.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2019 at 3:21 PM
Animenut
Eike, it's pretty old stuff, but the "hint" you're suggesting is kind of already in the game. The game has objectives to do for red rubies, so it assumes players will want to at least look at the objectives, see the rewards, and notice that some of the objectives have rewards that aren't rubies. That's how the game expects you to figure out that the DPS cap can be raised by completing objectives.

27 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2019 at 7:18 AM
Eike Bunn des Präsident
Hmm, noticing higher DPS caps tells you that there is a cap, but doesn't really let you know, where it's currently. Also, the cap raising missions are high tier (lowest one seems to be Ghostbeard's final episode Tier 3) and might be still hidden behind lower tier missions, when you reach the cap for the first time.

But apart from that, I totally see your point ;)
Would still recommend adding ingame hints to the devs. E.g. the existent basic ingame guidebook could be enhanced by an advanced guidebook that unlucks, while progressing through key events like reaching a level cap.