Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Losing Adobe Flash Support on Chrome

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2019 at 4:56 PM
Lilac43
I receive a message now whenever I open Chrome that support for Adobe Flash is ending soon. I know Flash is considered a very dangerous plugin by most security experts (Thanks, Adobe, for ruining another formerly excellent product). Anyway...is Codename going to fix this by replacing Flash, or are we going to see the end of the existing games? I hope to keep playing for a long time yet. Thanks.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2019 at 6:10 PM
Raymond
there is a simple way to stop having to do that in chrome.
read the following. https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=24501

just because flash is no longer going to be supported does not mean it will end completely. I know many companies that still use Windows 95 and some who even use plain DOS, mostly Defense contractors that have ancient test stations and software that works perfectly fine but does not operate on later operating systems and the cost to change is extremely prohibitive. plus it gives me job security LOL

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2019 at 6:15 PM
Lilac43
Thanks. That'll be great...until I have to refuse to upgrade my browser (and therefore forfeit all the security upgrades involved) in order to keep Flash...it's going away in all common browsers by the end of 2020.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2019 at 6:17 PM
Lilac43
P.S. Now I feel REALLY confident in the U.S. government's cybersecurity.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2019 at 6:47 PM
Raymond
no defence computers in any of the secure cleanrooms are in any way interconnected by ethernet or anything. even modern computers in those places are not interconnected.

as for the flash thing. one thing i mention specifically in that post is to use browsers other then those from the dictatorial company of google, chrome and chromium based browsers are not necessarily all that great

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2019 at 8:07 PM
Animenut
The logic behind all this seems to be "Thing works well? Cool. Scrap it. When they ask why we're making absolutely everything inconvenient for everyone, just say it's 'More convenient this way' and list off reasons that apply to almost nobody nowhere."

I mean, I mainly use Internet Explorer. Despite so many people VOMITING at the mere mention of the thing, it has served me well for...ever. I have more issues with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc than I've ever had with IE. "UGH BUT IT'S SO SLOW." ...Maybe a little? Like, barely? Only to the same people that think anything lower than 4000FPS and 100,000p is insultingly obsolete. But this is what you get when you have people so obsessed with the new and shiny that they don't care how much inconvenience they cause everyone else.