Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Jeweler Talent Text Update Or List Percent Chance For Jeweled Chest

17 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2019 at 1:57 AM
Last Edited July 14th 2019 at 2:57 AM
TSONE
I purchased the Jeweler talent thinking it does exactly what the text states.."Increase the chance of Silver Chests upgrading to Jeweled Chests by XX percent". But that's not the case. From my understanding if you level it to 100% you aren't going to get a Jeweled Chest every time you get a Silver one. I feel like the text is a bit misleading.

If the text of the talent won't be updated to something more accurate can you please list the actual percent chance that a Silver Chest turns into a Jeweled Chest under "Other Stats."

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2019 at 10:20 AM
Teschio
It already is accurate. For example, if the basic Jeweled Chest upgrade rate is 5% (I don't know the actual number), having a +100% effect from Jeweler Talent would bring the chance to 10%. It works just like everything else in the game, multipliers are applied over the base percentage.

PS: no, you didn't waste idols. You want that talent maxed even if it doesn't guarantee you a Jeweled Chest every time. Combine with Ana for maximum materials. Not a top priority talent, but nice to have.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2019 at 11:06 AM
Raymond
whatever the existing odds were. with 100% you get double what you would have gotten.
this is how all odds work in all the games these developers make

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2019 at 1:27 PM
FingerDemon
Does CNE publish the baseline odds of getting a Jeweled instead of Silver?

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2019 at 5:16 PM
Teschio
Not that I'm aware of. AFAIK, "internal" chances have never been released. This includes, but may not be limited to, silver chest drop rate, chance to upgrade to jeweled chest, chance to get legendary catalysts or skins from jeweled chests, items drop rate, recipe weights towards items you don't have, etc.

17 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2019 at 5:44 PM
Last Edited July 13th 2019 at 5:51 PM
TSONE
@Teschio The description is NOT accurate. It doesn't mention anything about a "base % chance" or anything about "the percent of a percent chance".

Including the actual percent of what the chance for a Jeweled chest is and what the percent chance is when buying levels of the talent is what should be provided in the text to make it clear on what the person is actually getting. The current text feels misleading to me and I wasn't the only one as someone else brought it up in chat the other day. I more than likely would of waited to get this talent had I known what the actual percent was.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2019 at 11:41 PM
Teschio
@TSONE

You have a crusader with a skill that says "increases global DPS by 50%". He has one item that says "increases the effect of that skill by 100%". Do you expect the skill to give +100% DPS, or +150%? That talent works exactly like everything else in the game. And if you can get tier 5 talents, you should have played this game long enough to know it.

17 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2019 at 1:29 AM
Last Edited July 14th 2019 at 4:39 AM
TSONE
@Teschio

That's not really a good example for your argument as Global DPS is labeled clearly so there's no mistaking what it should be. There is no listing for what the original chance percentage is for Jeweled Chest drops.

And as to the reply of wanting to level Jeweler, of course I do, eventually. However, I have much more important things I would of leveled first.

Even if they don't update the text on the talent it would be nice if they at least list the actual percent for the chance for Jeweled Chests somewhere like under "other stats." I've updated the OP and the title of the thread.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2019 at 9:59 AM
Animenut
You misunderstood a talent's ability. Stop blaming everyone else for it and get over it.
Post by TSONE deleted July 14th 2019 at 11:34 AM