Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
silver chest drop rate

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2019 at 10:41 AM
oooooo
I'm a little confused on silver chest drop rate and silver-to-jeweled upgrade rate.
I have jeweled talent to 10 (50% upgrade rate).
Without Ana Guinnes in the formation the silver chest drop rate should be 25%: this means that, in a normal run of, say, 1500 levels before reset (i.e. 300 bosses) I should have more or less 75 silver chests, that become, say 37 jeweled chests and 38 silver chests.

Now, why in a run like that, I just gain 1 or 2 jeweled chest instead of 37?
Either the probability I'm using for my computations are wrong, or I'm incredibly unlucky!

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2019 at 7:44 PM
Last Edited March 9th 2019 at 7:51 PM
Animenut
You've got some of the numbers wrong. When you beat a boss area, there's a 50% chance the boss will drop a SILVER chest, and if one does, there is a secondary 1% chance that chest will become a jeweled chest. So there's effectively a 0.5% chance for a boss to yield a jeweled chest. The talent that doubles jeweled chest rates simply brings that "1%" up to "2%", which means it's still a 50% chance for a silver chest, then a 2% chance that chest will be jeweled, meaning jeweled chests have a 1% chance overall with the talent maxed.

Assuming you have Ana'a legendary clover, she would boost that silver 50% by 30% additively, making each boss have an 80% chance at dropping a silver chest and STILL a 2% chance of that silver chest being jeweled, meaning a 1.6% chance of dropping a jeweled chest, overall.

So if you fight 300 bosses under Ana's legendary-buffed effect, you'd be getting 300 x .8 = 240 silver chests, on average, with 2% of those silvers becoming jeweled, so 240 x .02 = 4.8, meaning about 235 silver chests and 4 or 5 jeweled chests.

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2019 at 8:37 PM
oooooo
Thx! Now is clear. The talent does not work additively, but manipulatively!
Useless talent... I thought it was much more better!

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2019 at 9:04 PM
Animenut
It is incredibly useful, not useless. It DOUBLES your jeweled chest find. Normally the rate is a mere 0.5%, so if you think of it as "Just adding 0.5% more" then yeah, it sounds small, but jeweled chests are rare regardless. It's going to be a small chance no matter what you do. DOUBLING your chances of finding them is enormously useful. It is one of the best new talents of the bunch because the "endgame" is all about farming materials.

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2019 at 6:04 AM
oooooo
I agree with you, and in fact I will spend the idols for this talent, but you can understand my frustration when I discover that it adds 0.5% to the probability of an upgrade to a jeweled chest instead of 50%...