Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Content Update: More Talents Mar 2019

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 12:05 PM
Last Edited March 1st 2019 at 12:06 PM
Erika/Alyniana

Greetings, Crusaders!

Just in time for the first weekend of March, we have some new talents, tweaks, and changes that are sure to help you earn more crafting materials and make the most of your missions.

Check out the official blog!

----

0.188 Title: Talents on Show

Features:
- Added 5 new Talents
- Topped up all players’ free respecs

Changes:
- The “Spend It All”, “Upgrade Them All”, and “Speed Looter” talents have been removed

- Buying max levels/upgrades is now available upon clearing area 100 for the first time

- Opening multiple chests is now available after opening 50 chests

- The “Surplus Cooldown” and “Set Bonus” talents have swapped tiers (and costs.) This makes “Set Bonus” more accessible to new players, who aren’t at the cooldown cap

- All Free Plays have been made to roughly match World’s Wake in difficulty. Formations with more slots scale in difficulty more quickly.

- Updated the descriptions on a number of Tier 4 Merci's Mix-Up objectives that were missing explicit details.

- Final update to the mobile build was released this week.

- (Feb 15) Added Healers to the allowed Crusaders on the Tier 4 Valentine's objective "I Put a Cantrip on You."

Fixes:
- (Mobile) Fixed a small memory leak from abilities which activate when the formation is attacked

- (Feb 15) Fixed the Moon Dancing objective.

- The Incredibly Talented achievement is now counting properly again.

- (PC) Reduced the amount of redundant data when saving the game.

- Fixed Yogscast Golden Epics occasionally being available in Flash Sales, and unavailable in the Challenge shop.

- Minor text fixes. Thanks for catching them!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 12:26 PM
Teschio
I don't get the idea behind "The More the Merrier", unless the mission pool is increased (and by a wide margin), the vast majority of players have more than enough crusaders to fill all mission requirements with a couple dozen crusaders to spare...

I do like the other talents, though. Scrap Hoarder is particularly interesting, enough to push me to a respec because I didn't want to wait the few days I would have needed to max it...

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 12:57 PM
Last Edited March 1st 2019 at 1:09 PM
Joe
I got the message about new talents, so I restarted the game.

Now the game seems broken.
The screen is black (all the UI elements are there, but the game background is black) and only one of my active crusaders is showing up. The others are there (I can mouse of them, but they aren't displayed).

Do I need to restart the objective?
Nevermind, I can't restart.
I click Mildred's reset, and the popup doesn't appear.
I try to select a new objective, but the popup disappears before I can get to the "see all objectives" button.

my attack and click damage are both set to 99,999B.
I was around area 780.

The area display is showing areas 1-5, but the "back" button is clickable and shows the upper 700 areas when I click the left back button.

.. Now I'm getting an error when starting the game.

Primary game file did not load.
Please report the checksum below to support!

ExternalByteResourceLoader: Error, Retrying: Bad Checksum 2318987 http://idle.djartsgames.ca/~idle/swf/CrusadersSteam.swf?dl=1497 2322057
0000002129: ExternalResourceLoader: Calling Load (isDisplayData == true) (mode == 0) http://idle.djartsgames.ca/~idle/swf/CrusadersSteam.swf

17 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 1:08 PM
Alex Winfrey
I can't the game to finish reloading, it pops up with the game screen frozen and can't do anything, I've restarted like 7 times now and its the same thing

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 1:13 PM
Last Edited March 1st 2019 at 1:14 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Teschio: Yup, we'll be updating the mission system at some point this year.

@ Joe, Alex: If you try to load the game now, the issue is fixed.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 1:15 PM
Joe
Game is loading now. Things look normal.

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 2:08 PM
Last Edited March 1st 2019 at 2:09 PM
FingerDemon
I need a refresher, what did “Spend It All”, “Upgrade Them All”, and “Speed Looter” do? Did I lose that functionality?

“Surplus Cooldown” and “Set Bonus” talents have 'swapped tiers'; do they still cost the same to max out as they did when I first maxed them out?

"All Free Plays have been made to roughly match World’s Wake in difficulty. Formations with more slots scale in difficulty more quickly." Does this mean freeplays with more slots now earn less idols overall than they did before?

Thanks for answers...

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 2:37 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Spend it All - Unlocks the buy max levels on Crusaders button. Unlocked by clearing area 100 for the first time now.

Upgrade Them All - Unlocked the buy all upgrades on Crusaders button. Also now unlocked by clearing area 100 for the very first time.

Speed Looter - Gave you the x5, x25 and x100 chest opening buttons. Now it unlocks once you've opened 50 chests in total.

So those buttons are easier for new players to access, and freed up spaces in the Talent trees for new Talents to be added.

Yeah, the costs swapped when the tiers swapped for Set Bonus and Passive Criticals. They were swapped because new players are more likely to get 3 pieces of gear on one Crusader before they cap out their cooldown trinkets.

The campaigns are now of a similar difficulty to World's Wake, based on the size of the formation.

You'll probably still get further on World's Wake, but if you're not doing Bruno or Lingering Buff runs, you can get to comparable areas, and not lose out on too many bonus boss Idol drops, so it's the start of variety in free plays.

Once mobile is no longer in the picture, we'll be doing more to help with free play rotation.

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 4:23 PM
FingerDemon
Ah Thank you Erika

236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 4:31 PM
Anubischick
Is there a way to remove the upgrade it all button? I never bought the talent mostly because I dislike the extra button cluttering up what is already a very cluttered UI. Now it has been forced on me I'd like a way to remove or hide it, if possible. After all it's pretty much a one use per run button anyway so having it there is superfluous pretty early on each run.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2019 at 6:58 PM
Animenut
I'm curious how Anubis thinks the button that takes up 1/44th the width of the screen (I know, I measured) adds any "clutter".

236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2019 at 5:32 PM
Anubischick
Call me AC, it's easier to type.

As I stated, the UI is already cluttered, anything, even something that takes up 1/44th, adds to that clutter. In addition the button is out of sync with the rest of the colour scheme of the UI, which is brown/green/yellow. This thing is bright blue so it draws the eye which makes it appear larger and, in my opinion, more irritating than its size allows.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2019 at 8:53 PM
Animenut
I would HATE to be that sensitive.

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 7:31 AM
Anna Sagan Ocacio
Jeweler does not seem worth the idols. I have upgraded it to 50% increase, ran 2 free plays past area 2200 and actually got less jeweled chests than normal. Don't waste the idols.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 9:21 AM
Teschio
Yeah, I haven't seen an increase in jeweled chests as well, but it may just be bad luck. I'm gonna wait a little longer before drawing any conclusions.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 10:49 AM
Azaryah
I think it must just be bad luck - i've certainly had some long runs completely dry of JC's in the past.

However, i have Jeweler maxed and it really does feel like i'm getting at least double the JC's as before. I usually open them when there are five above my cache - and that sometimes takes a couple days to happen, but i've done it every day since Friday now (which may be a run of unnaturally GOOD luck, but i don't think it could be that good without that talent helping out).

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 11:44 AM
Last Edited March 3rd 2019 at 2:17 PM
Animenut
Anna, keep in mind that jeweled chest drops are already pretty rare. There's a 50% chance (25%, maybe, but I'm being optimistic) that a chest will drop at all, and if one does, THEN there's a 1% chance that chest will be jeweled. So there's effectively only a 0.5% chance per boss area to get a jeweled chest. Maxing the talent doubles that to 1%, but that's still just a 1% chance.

Due to how anything involving chance/luck works, the results will not be consistent on a trial-to-trial basis. That is why the Law of Large Numbers is a thing to calculate averages of probability. Maxing the talent does not GUARANTEE you will get a jeweled chest, it just doubles the odds. But the odds were already pretty low o begin with. The best way to figure out if the talent actually works would require doing a bunch of full runs and noting how many jeweled chests you got from each of them both with and without the talent. For example, 20 runs WITHOUT the talent where you stop at area 2000, then 20 runs WITH the talent maxed where you stop at area 2000. The amount of jeweled chests you get from the latter should be approximately double what you got from the former, give or take 2 or 3 because, again, probability isn't exact.