Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
"That Just Happened" achievement

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2018 at 12:19 PM
Last Edited June 18th 2018 at 12:24 PM
Animenut
How? Just...How? For the life of me, I CANNOT figure out how I am supposed to...

A) Have low enough DPS to actually tank enough enemies for skeletons to FIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYY appear and just hope to whatever deity is listening that there's an exploding skeleton at some point...

B) But ALSO have DPS high enough to actually achieve kills enough to get Goblin out of his cave in the first place...

C) But AAAALLLLSSOOOO not high enough that it insta-kills everything the moment he pops out...

D) But AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO still high enough to actually kill an exploding skeleton when he IS out...

E) But AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO find some way to make his projectile ACTUALLY hit and kill that exploding skeleton amongst the huge number of enemies that have collected at that point...

F) BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO have DPS middling enough to kill that exploding skeleton without risking killing all other skeletons before his projectile actually targets the exploding one.

G) BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO have DPS high enough so that if ALL of the above conditions are somehow met, the explosion from the exploding skeleton ACTUALLY takes out two other skeletons instead of just lightly scuffing their health bar.

This seems impossible. If not impossible, then a level of luck-based that sprints into a longjump over the line of sheer absurdity.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2018 at 2:05 PM
Raymond
how about having click and crit do the killing when you are ready

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2018 at 3:46 PM
Animenut
Clicking doesn't count toward the achievement. It specifically says that Goblin's projectile has to be the thing that kills the exploding skeleton, and then that exploding skeleton has to in-turn kill two other skeletons summoned by Skeletom. If I click to kill any of the skeletons, it won't give the achievement.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2018 at 5:29 PM
Teschio
I'm pretty sure he meant "kill all non-skeletons by clicking", so once he is out of the cave he can target the exploding ones (hopefully). Assuming ofc that you didn't buy the talent that splashes click damage, in which case you're screwed... I think I'm just not gonna bother with that achievement in the first place, the bonus is completely negligible and it's too much work to get it.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2018 at 5:46 PM
Last Edited June 18th 2018 at 5:50 PM
Azaryah
And if AnimeNut has, like me, anything invested in Omniclicking, clicking to get rid of all the non-skeletons won't work either because it will kill the skeletons as well (and it's not worth respecing just for this achievement).

Think i may have had a chance if i'd tried it on Gaming the System, but had already finished all the new objectives before i heard that that was the case. (Maybe if i beg they'll reset that objective for me - but otherwise, i'm done trying this achievement, having wasted too much time on it already [unless a new trick comes to light]).

edit: i see that Teschio got in there before me with the same points. And he's ultimately right - the reward for the achievement is absolutely negligible; the only reason i'd like to get it is for the personal satisfaction of maintaining 100% (other than mission impossible of course).

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2018 at 7:08 PM
Animenut
Even if my clicking damage is enough to thin the herd of monsters, the issue remains that the projectile damage is based on formation DPS, and issues D, E, and G are still a thing. Even if I can get Goblin out of his cave and take care of other monsters to make him more likely to shoot a skeleton, MY DPS still needs to be high enough to kill the exploding skeleton with only his shot, but NOT high enough to auto-kill other skeletons before he can kill the exploding one, while ALSO high enough to make that 50% damage from the explosion kill the other skeletons.

Clicking to reduce monster clutter only removes issues A, B, and C, while, at most, simply reducing but not eliminating F.

I'm neurotic. Seeing that incomplete achievement is going to mess with my head.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th 2018 at 1:09 PM
Erika/Alyniana
It just requires a tank line and letting the game idle on an area where your DPS will still kill monsters slowly.

https://gyazo.com/71d919137a1a2ee8d40b2dc686cfe783

Epic/Legendary gear helps. Took me about 45 minutes to get.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2018 at 11:37 PM
Animenut
Has anyone been able to do this yet? I tried the above method. Tank, steady kills, idled for like 3 hours, never got even close. Either my damage is high enough to kill an enemy in under an hour, but kills skeletons before they can stack (seriously, the exploding ones almost NEVER appear), or my damage is low enough to let them stack up but the explosion isn't strong enough to kill other skeletons. If 50% of my DPS can kill skeletons, then 100% of my DPS being auto-dealt to enemies will kill them too quickly for them to stack in the first place.

Skeletom only has his rare gear, which I'm sure isn't helping. Trying to farm for jeweled chests to get his epic gear, at least, but that's luck-based, sooo...Maybe having a higher skele-spawn chance would mitigate some kind of issue, but I won't know until it actually drops for me. I still can't fully wrap my mind around my damage being high enough for the explosion to deal fatal damage while ALSO being low enough to not kill monsters too quickly.

I believe Erika did it, but I just still don't understand how.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2018 at 5:42 AM
Raymond
i did it http://prntscr.com/jyei9r
i think i had katie in my formation. i think i used mime on both skeletom and goblin, both of which had no gear at all at the time i got it.
was 1 area before the hard wall for perhaps 20 minutes

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2018 at 9:25 AM
ReBoot
Erika's method worked for me, too!
https://imgur.com/a/Y1yn3rY
Nevertheless, the next things helped me a lot:
- weekend bonus
- don't buy radioactive skeleton - if you did you are f*cked, wait for next run
- mime Skeletom
- with the first 3 click damage bonus buff it is possible to kill the none skeleton enemies even if you have some talent points Omniclicking, since the Skeletons are tougher than the standars. I think Omniclicking can even help to reduce the HP of the skeletons.