Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Game "size" grievance

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2018 at 9:34 PM
Last Edited May 24th 2018 at 9:34 PM
Animenut
Let me just start this by saying I am not a tech person. I do not claim to know the specifics of any of this, and what I am going to bring up might not be fixable, or even technically broken at all.

Can the game be...."reduced"? As in, there's already a low-quality option, but with these game updates, the game seems to have gotten so large and "heavy" that it is visibly affecting my computer to have running. For numbers, looking at my task manager, the average physical memory of all processes is around 100,000-200,000K, with Chrome itself being the second-biggest at around 500,000-600,000K. Without Crusaders up, my physical memory percentage hovers around 40-50%, but once I open the game, it goes up to about 60%, shortly after eventually reaching 85%, even 97% and a jaw-dropping 2,000,000+K, sometimes reaching almost 5,000,000K. Not to mention the cumulative CPU usage without Crusaders being around 20-30%, with Crusaders alone causing that number to jump to nearly 80%, not uncommonly jumping into the 90+% range. The sheer weight of the game is causing all things, internet-related or otherwise, to slow down considerably, including the game itself.

Is this just a thing that has to be accepted, or is it actually not supposed to happen and can be fixed? It isn't like my computer is just that bad. I can play a game like Diablo 3 WHILE running Crusaders in the background. At least I used to be able to. I haven't tried since this huge "size-spike" has become apparent. I don't know if it's the game itself, or adblocker recently preventing the game from loading and so I had to turn it off for that page to be able to play the game, but for one reason or another, the game has been putting an enormous amount of pressure on my device that it didn't used to.

P.S. Within the course of typing this, the game went from taking up about 1,200,000K of physical memory to currently taking up about 3,500,000K. And JUST as I finished typing that number, the game froze, crashed, and I have to reload the page...again. And the moment it crashed and went to the error screen (ergo, no longer taking up much physical memory), my computer more than quintupled in speed.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2018 at 9:44 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Thanks for the feedback.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 2:46 PM
Animenut
The issue has escalated. The game has reached a point of being...effectively unplayable. The crashing issue has gone from "every once in a while" to "every few minutes." I cannot play the game. Every time I load it up, it crashes within minutes and I have to refresh everything. I love the game. I want to keep playing it. But if this keeps up, I CAN'T play it anymore because the game (or site host) simply will not let me.

I'm going to contact the site, too, just to be sure. I've contacted them before and they never got back to me. I don't know if this is a game issue or a page issue. Hopefully one of the sides has some answers to fix this. I don't want to stop playing, but if this keeps up, I won't have a choice.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 3:30 PM
Raymond
on my 5 year old laptop right now with idols running in cometbird and bw2 running in chrome along with facebook and some other tabs, i have no huge memory usage, p.s. both games have been open without reloading for at least 6 hours.
http://prntscr.com/jorslh

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 3:54 PM
Erika/Alyniana
It's possibly all the ads Kizi runs.

You can try using the Linked Accounts option to link your progress to an account on Steam and seeing if that allows the game to run better.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 8:02 PM
Animenut
I linked the account and have been playing on Steam for a little while and...well, there's no input lag or crashing, but the game seems to be struggling to run at all. I hate to sound petty or whiny, but it's just what I'm noticing. On Steam, there's a lot of...I'm not sure what to call it. Kizi has recently been troublesome, but before that, everything happened instantly. Adding 100 levels was finished the instant I removed my finger from the mouse. If I rapid-clicked to level in chunks of 100, those 100s would apply instantly, without any delay. But on Steam, there seems to be some kind of backup, as if the game is always playing catchup. If I click to level Chiyome 8 times within 1 second, it takes about 3 seconds for all the levels to register. Same when clicking on the screen for damage. Kizi clicks were instant even when rapid-clicking, Steam has a noticeable delay. The graphical quality and framerate also seem lower on Steam.

Again, I don't want to sound like I'm looking for things to nitpick. I'm just wondering if these changes are normal. Does Steam just simply not run the game as smoothly?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 8:18 PM
Raymond
about 2 years ago i was experiencing extreme lag and the only solution, a simple solution for my particular situation, was simply to stop using one browser (firefox) and use a different one instead (cometbird, sea monkey, iron, chrome, ie, edge, opera... all these work great while ff doesn't).
i even checked right now. ff acts laggy as it did 2 years ago. no idea why. back then the devs didn't even believe me. will try to find the forum post.

so try some other browser. might work for you too.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 9:09 PM
Last Edited May 30th 2018 at 9:24 PM
Animenut
I just tried other browsers. I've been playing on Chrome since the beginning, so I tried on firefox and the game won't even appear on the page. So I tried Internet Explorer and the game appears, but clicking "Play now!" does nothing whatsoever. Opera will actually run the game on Kizi, but then I'm back to the same issue - massive memory usage leading to computer-wide slowdown.

Edit: Back to playing on Steam and, once again, experiencing input lag, on top of sluggish clicking.