Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Are other payment-methods than Paypal planed?

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 12th 2018 at 12:34 PM
Bandit71
I don't like Paypal and so I never will open an account. Until now I was able to pay as a guest with my credit card. It don't work any longer, I found out, Paypal allows only three pays (seems to be a new rule) as a guest.
So please offer a new way to pay with credit card. Or I cannot buy anything...
It's not a great problem for me, I play because I like this game. If it takes longer... who cares.
But perhaps you won't like it, because you lose some money :)

Greetings, Bandit71

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 12th 2018 at 1:39 PM
Last Edited March 12th 2018 at 1:40 PM
KameRose
What platform are you on that only allows Paypal? I know Facebook, Kongregate, and Steam don't require paypal.

So you can make your purchase on one of those platforms.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 12th 2018 at 1:44 PM
Bandit71
Hi Amanda, I'm in with armorgames. The only way to pay is Paypal.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 1:24 AM
Vingummi
Does Armorgames allow any other payment on any other games they have? If not, then send a email to armorgames. This isn't CNE's fault.

You could always make an account and add your credit card to the paypal. Easy to use.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 1:36 AM
Bandit71
Vingummi, you didn't understand. I don't want and don't need a Paypal-account. There are more ways to pay online with credit card. If I would use Paypal, I won't need my credit card. But it seems, CNE only accept payment with Paypal. If they don't offer another way to pay... ok. I keep my money and they keep their way of payment.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 4:11 AM
Raymond
you could always link your game to any other platform and then use whatever payment method that platform allows.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 4:19 AM
Vingummi
Bandit, you didn't understand.
As I was saying, all games on "Armorgames" does Paypal only. Just clicked a random game on there to buy something and it was paypal.
Send an email to Armorgames and request something else, dont blame CNE.

There was also suggested in this thread to link your account to any other place to use other payment methods.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 4:46 AM
Raymond
paypal has no such limits on guest acccess without setting up an account.
perhaps your country does not allow it.
or perhaps you should clear your paypal cookies and so on.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 8:50 AM
Animenut
Bandit, payment method depends on the site that hosts the game, not the developers of the game itself. For example, ArmorGames. Pretty much all, if not ACTUALLY all, games on that site will only use Paypal because Armorgames itself is only compatible with Paypal. It has nothing to do with the games themselves.

For pretty much any game with in-game purchases, the more options they give the player to pay with, the better. The more options the player has, the more able the player is to find their preferred way to pay. If a game only has one way to pay, chances are because that's the ONLY method available to them.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 8:57 AM
Bandit71
Thanks for the help, I moved to kongregate. But it seems, there I have to buy "coins". I will check it out when there is a new special offer. But I already wonder about the chat etc. It's completely different to armorgames. I can choose between different chatrooms. Will take some time to feel "home" there.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 10:13 AM
Raymond
you can play forever in armow and only go to kong to buy something and use it, then go back to armor,
that is one reason to have the ability to link platforms in the first place.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 11:28 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Bandit,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm not sure about that "guest rule." Do you have a link to their documentation about it?

As to adding other payment options for the game, no, we don't currently have any plans to use something other than Paypal at this time.

We have had players ask in the past, but Paypal was the smoothest for setting up a business account to handle payments and is the most global that we know of.

As a small company, setting up something with Visa or Mastercard isn't as cost effective for the fee per transaction.

Cheers,
Erika

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 11:45 AM
Bandit71
Hello Erika, I only found it in German language:
https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacywaxelv-full

"Als Gast können Sie mit PayPal bis zu 3 Mal oder bis zu einem Gesamtbetrag von 1.500,00 EUR zahlen, ohne ein Konto zu eröffnen."
As a guest you can pay 3 times with Paypal - up to 1500 Euro without opening an account.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2018 at 2:17 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Thanks for the link Bandit.