Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
devs are liars and greedy

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2018 at 6:33 PM
LoTS
the devs have always claimed to have been fine with people cheating, and even said they will fix your game up to 3 times if you mess it up bad enough (in the past: going beyond max level would break something).

i have never had them fix anything on my game, but suddenly they've noticed how much stuff i have obtained through cheating and have taken most of it away (ie 1000+ catalysts and trinkets). initially i thought something had gone wrong with the game and caused me to lose this stuff....but they replied back that they had taken it and "We care about players cheating in chests because they're not making a purchase.

Any player who puts in a ticket and has suspicious gains/buffs, gets the items removed, even if they don't break their account from being stupid with Crusader levels. "

me: "but you know it will just happen again....if they weren't willing to make the purchase the first time, they'll just cheat again....that is what cheaters do. i guess you'll be banning me from a game that has no multiplayer aspect for your own greed? you make it sound like i just gained these things over night. "

them: "We're not banning you. We'll just be monitoring your account and we'll be working on closing the loop-holes. "

me: "yeah because nothing makes a game more fun than being watched as if you're losing a ton of money from one person cheating. while more than one are probably doing it, you arent going to gain anything from us after you close them. you just lose them or new loopholes will be found and exploited instead. at least i have spent money on the game before, guess it wasnt enough to get you to ignore it though...."

that is where they quit replying but continued to stalk my account.

i have made many tickets before and the last few i made didnt require them to look in my account.....and even the ones that did require it, they somehow never noticed all this stuff.

they still arent replying to anything i say/ask in the tickets about this. so what if i cheat to some degree? the game isnt multiplayer.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2018 at 7:30 PM
Raymond
cheat 3 times. i dare you

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2018 at 7:39 PM
Redking
Please tell me how to cheat, lol
Post by LoTS deleted February 26th 2018 at 4:18 PM

97 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2018 at 1:03 AM
Bazilus
@LoTS
I hope you enjoyed game. Seems now this door closed for you. Good luck.

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2018 at 8:02 AM
LoTS
it isnt closed. them being dicks doesnt stop me from being able to cheat.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 12:54 AM
AndrewtheSmart
Well, did your game break from cheating? That's why they reset it. Plus, not paying for chests and GEs hurts the devs. They are a small company in British Columbia after all.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 2:48 AM
Animenut
This sounds like the kind of guy that uses an aim-bot in Overwatch, then complains when he gets banned for cheating.

1) What is even the point of cheating in Crusaders? The fun IS the grind. Cheating for gear, upgrades, etc is like playing a racing game with auto-pilot.

2) Crusaders is not multiplayer, but it IS a business product. CNE makes money off the game, so if every person that cheats is a person they can't make money off of. It isn't "greedy", it is business. You CAN play the game for free, and you can even do really, really well, but the slightly better stuff, you have to pay for. That's how CNE gets its money - let you play for free and then choose for yourself if you want to support the game/company. You are not entitled to free stuff whenever you want. Complaining that CNE is "greedy" when 90% of the game is free, and there's only really ONE type of item in the game you actually need to pay to get, and even THAT has been changed recently to allow you to get golden gear for free...I've played pleeeeeenty of games in my lifetime, and CNE has been one of the most generous I've seen. They give free stuff left and right, and you have the nerve to call them "greedy". Grow up.

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 7:33 AM
LoTS
@andrew: change your name because you arent smart. I DIDNT BREAK THE DAMN GAME MORON. and i didnt get GEs through cheating.

@animenut:
1) i didnt have billions of idols, so i was still grinding for that. also didnt cheat GEs.

2) but every person isnt cheating, and punishing those that do (NO I WASNT BANNED YOU IDIOT) serves no purpose as they werent going to buy/spend a lot in the first place. only option is to fix the holes and leave us the hell alone. sorry you cant see the greed....you think that last and probably most helpful epic you need on a crusader you like using isnt fixed to be the least likely thing you get from the chests you bought?

dont know what overwatch is but if it is a multiplayer game then he deserved banned for cheating....this isnt a damn multiplayer game and if any of you idiots bother to read the conversation, i wasnt banned.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 7:42 AM
Raymond
what is the point of using 'cheat engine'

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 2:40 PM
Animenut
Dude, calm down. Nobody said you got banned. You keep saying that as if anyone has claimed you were banned, but nobody has made that claim. Calm, the hell, down.

1) Idols are an end to the means. More catalysts and trinkets allow you more progress, which leads to more idols. Same goes for golden gear. Golden gear gives great goodies granting gargantuan growth. Golden gear helps the formation get stronger, which, in-turn, means more idols. Everything in the game is meant to aid in making your team stronger, so when you cheat to get mass amounts of anything, you're reducing the need for golden gear that would help you achieve that progress otherwise. Even if you're not cheating by getting free golden gear, cheating to buff your formation strength reduces the value of golden gear, therefor costing CNE money since you can get the same progression without paying them.

2) "I wasn't going to buy anything anyway" isn't an excuse to cheat. You get what you pay for. Didn't pay for it, don't get it. And that is your decision to make. If you don't want to support CNE, that is your choice, and you have every right to it. However, that decision does not entitle you. Go steal from a bank, then put the money back, and when you're in court, make the argument "Yeah, I stole the money, but then I put it right back, so nobody lost or gained anything. Nobody got hurt or lost anything, so I shouldn't be punished." and see how well that goes for you. As for the "last and most helpful epic" thing, it certainly FEELS weighted sometimes, but that is just human nature. It is a psychological phenomenon called "Loss Aversion". Humans are much more bothered by losing one dollar than we are happy to gain one dollar. We have more emotional reactions to losing than we do to winning. That is why when you get all three epics within two or three chests (which has happened to me plenty of times), we don't really react to it anywhere near as much as how upset we get when we get no epics from three chests. Losing makes us madder than winning makes us happy, so even when the wins and losses balance out to being about equal, we feel like we've lost. Chests are not weighted. They only FEEL weighted because we notice the losses more than we notice the successes.

P.S. Notice my 8-long alliteration! That's impressive!

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 5:01 PM
LoTS
1) costing them money? i wouldnt be a "big spender" even without cheating, so missing my small amount of money is not hurting them. since im most likely not the only cheater out there, our collective lack of spending isnt hurting them any obviously....not to mention the non-cheaters who dont buy anything either.

2) they shouldnt claim to not care about people cheating. do they remove stuff if they have to fix your game? yes, but i have never needed them to fix it...yet they took a bunch of my crap anyway. all your crap about stealing becomes invalid because of this.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 7:02 PM
Redking
I am really into this technical stuff, but I don't undertstand what can you mod by using cheat engine, everthing is on the server I think , I tried to mod the JC numbers or rubies but failed, please help

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 7:32 PM
Animenut
1) "If you don't want to support CNE, that is your choice, and you have every right to it. However, that decision does not entitle you." If you're going to keep saying the same thing, you'll keep getting the same answer.

2) When they say they "don't care about cheaters", it more means that they aren't actively looking for cheaters. They don't have systems in place scouting for cheaters. *BUT* if they happen to find one, they'll act on it. The same way that if you find money on the ground and didn't see anybody drop it, you'll just take it. You're not searching for someone to steal money from, but since it's there anyway, no reason not to take it. They likely don't actively search for cheaters, but if you approach them for help, you're calling attention to your account, which they notice and act upon accordingly.

Simply put: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g
Post by LoTS deleted February 26th 2018 at 4:21 PM

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 11:09 PM
Last Edited February 25th 2018 at 11:10 PM
Raymond
how you ask.
someone must have reported you. you must have bragged about something or posted an image.
the devs have said they don't much care if people cheat (notice that word 'much').
they HAVE said if the cheating is a simple things like gold or levels they do not care other then to cut of people after 3 helps to fix their busted game.
that also have said that if the cheating involves something like chests they can and will put a stop to that and might even delete your account. go on and continue complaining, i dare you

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 11:12 PM
Raymond
i suggest you read http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=10564

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2018 at 8:42 AM
LoTS
didnt brag to anyone. that "dont hack our game" rule is invalid because of them claiming to not care.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2018 at 9:45 AM
Raymond
believe what you want but written 'rules' take precedence over any vague statement someone once said.
plus that is not the only thing there for you to read

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2018 at 1:45 PM
AndrewtheSmart
Oksy, so, LoTs, please, tell me what happened clearly. Maybe I am just a numbskull but I don't understand how you got into this mess.