Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Event survey - would love your input.

70 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 5:17 AM
Lynelle Turley Klein
How many beds do you have unlocked? I am just curious if it has been hard for everyone or if I am just having some bad luck.

I only unlocked the 300 token bed after spending $10 to buy facebook credits. Barely gave me enough tokens to unlock that bed. So, it would cost $50 (if my luck stays the same) to unlock the other beds. (And having enough tokens to actually plant anything.) Seems very expensive to me.

Last time we had a growing event, people complained about the excess of tokens. This event they are few and far between. I feel like it jumped from one extreme to the other. :)

437 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 8:04 AM
Colleen Gillan
I have unlocked 3 beds, giving me 4 beds to plant; however, I don't have enought tokens to plant each spot every day.

22 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 10:10 AM
Britt-Lynn Oxendale
I've had crazy good luck. I've unlocked all my beds. I wish there was a way of planting for friends using my tokens. I have over 1000 just chilling because I can only plant 480 tokens worth of stars each day.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 10:59 AM
Tony Truckel
i wish there was more beds to open have extras if i could gift thnksgivin tokens....lol

70 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 12:05 PM
Lynelle Turley Klein
Britt and Tony - share your strategy? :) Congrats to you both.

22 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 12:16 PM
Britt-Lynn Oxendale
I'll preface this with, I'm currently in dinoland. My strategy for play is to extend my play as much as possible. I don't use monkey breaks. I usually start out the day with some stars that had been sent from friends either in gifts or because of their daily spin. I use those. I try to keep my hammers for just when I use my multi and the rest of that screen. When my multi gets between 50 and 100 I use it on either a silver or bronze eggs. That's the only way I get bigger multis because I try to not let mine build past 100. If I do I use it on either a gold or platinum eggs. This strategy also gets me lots of dinotokens. I use these to buy stars during events. Each set of 25 stars that I buy can usually get me a multi between 50 and 100 which then has led to me earning more stars and tokens (of both kinds). It takes a long time to play it this way but in this event I've been averaging 15,000,000 score per day. I even had a day that was as high as 19,000,000.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 2:32 PM
Lisa Edwards
I am playing in the Volcano stage right now I finished the event fy Friday. On Sunday I was able to open the last planting bed and have just been planting stars!! I am going to have tons of tokens leftover. A tip I read from another player and one I have been using is to use my multis on the silver eggs up to about 80, I had really good luck getting tokens doing it that way!!

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 2:33 PM
Mindy Driggs
I've got a total of 4 beds open. I finished the event a couple of days ago. I'm not having any trouble getting tokens. I'm not getting massive amounts, but getting enough to plant the 4 beds with star plants each day. I thought this was one of the easier events. I must just be lucky this time.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 3:56 PM
Teri Lamparski Rushka
i have all beds open and far too many tokens left over after i fill them. would love to be able to straight buy hammers/stars etc ... with left overs ...

70 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 9:04 PM
Lynelle Turley Klein
The event was easy to finish as far as the event goes. I've been done for a while (can't remember when) But was not so easy to open all the beds to get more stars/hammers/multipliers. I was just curious if I was alone in not being able to open all the beds.

Britt-Lynn Thank you for sharing your strategy - sounds good. Being in the dino zone (or lower) gives you an advantage. The devs put the cap on event wins at 100 multiplier. When I use volcano tokens to buy a multiplier, I have 120 multiplier. So, players in lower zones have many more opportunities to multiply then players in the volcano zone. It bothers me when players who have supported the game and are in higher zones/levels are penalized. But the devs control the game, not me. I could go play in the dino zone, but then I wouldn't be working towards bananas. Not sure the extra stars are worth halting progress. *shrugs* Oh well, it is what it is. :)

Thanks everyone for the input!

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 8:31 AM
Lachlan Coutts
I agree with Lynelle. I finished the event but have not been able to get the 600 tokens required to open up the next garden (even after missing a day of planting).
Today I used a multiplier on every silver egg...got ZERO TOKENS. I haven't found this event fun at all, just frustrating.

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 11:50 AM
Bonnie Falls
Really? I could see maybe complaining if you weren't able to FINISH the event (and even then, I would personally not complain because seriously...it's a game! big deal!), but you did. And you're still complaining? Because you're not getting enough bonuses?? This concept is just completely ludicrous to me. I mean, I can't even wrap my head around it.

70 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 12:37 PM
Lynelle Turley Klein
It was a survey asking how many people were able to open all the beds without spending real money, Alexis. Valid question.

I even said in my last post (before this one) that I was curious if I was alone in not being able to open all the beds. I thanked everyone for their input. How is that complaining?

I just remember all the complaints from the last growing event where people had 5,000 tokens and nothing to spend them on. This event - tokens were much harder to come by. These devs have a habit of jumping from one extreme to the other, which I feel they did here. People were getting way too much energy, so they broke the bottle and smashed the fruit - tremendous change in play. Don't get me wrong. I love these devs, but this is their pattern.

Quit trying to start trouble. We've had a nice long break from the drama and I'd like it to continue.

437 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 2:13 PM
Colleen Gillan
I had a hard time getting tokens at first. Now I get them very regularly. I have all but the last bed open, and I choose not to open that one. I built up enough tokens for 2 complete plantings and then each day I just concentrate on getting enough tokens to replace what I use. I have choosen to play in dinoland, where I can purchase a 100 multiplier to try and win the tokens. After I have replaced what I used, I return to the volcanos and play the way I regularly do.

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 3:06 PM
Bonnie Falls
"It bothers me when players who have supported the game and are in higher zones/levels are penalized."

Sounds like a complaint to me. Besides, my post did not state a name, did it? Who says it was only to you?

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 3:12 PM
Last Edited November 28th 2011 at 3:13 PM
Bonnie Falls
Furthermore, even being concerned at all with whether anyone was able to open all plots comes off as complain-y because it doesn't matter. You and many many other people were able to finish the event. The Devs have been fair as long as that remains true. Finishing the event, even if you don't have ALL of the planting spots, is hardly being "penalized".

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 6:02 PM
Lisa Edwards
I totally agree with Lynelle, wish the Drama had not returned. Lynelle was just asking for peoples opinions, I would suggest someone else get over it!!

70 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 6:24 PM
Lynelle Turley Klein
If I was truly trying to complain I would have posted a longer list of complaints. :)

Players in lower levels can use area tokens to multiply events tokens. Players in the highest level cannot. Yes - the higher level players can play lower levels, but that halts their progression while lower level players are able to progress AND play the event. That is not equally fair to all players, but it is in line with the devs philosophy about helping the lower level players catch up to the higher levels ones. (magical hourglass anyone?)

Do I think it was intentional? Probably not. The devs are awesome. They probably used the programming for the last growing event, and at that time the volcano land wasn't out.

Or maybe they didn't change the limit on purpose so people in the volcano would play dinoland and it would slow down progression so they don't have to release a new level as quickly.

Yes, I could have played like Colleen did (and I mentioned that before she posted) - but after spending $10 I had a choice. I could spend another $50 and open up the beds, or play dinoland and halt my progress, or forget about opening those beds. I felt the most pleasing option was to mostly ignore the event and just play as I always do. I doubt I could have opened up the last bed soon enough for it to be worth it, even if I had played dinoland. *shrug*

It's their game - if they want to have events that give advantages to lower level zones, they can. I stated my opinion on the matter and then I dropped it until you started in. I hope you will now drop it.

p.s. Complaining about the complainers is still complaining. You are no better than anyone else who posted on this topic.

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2011 at 11:21 PM
Bonnie Falls
You asked for opinions. I gave mine. I didn't see any "but no Alexis" clause.

70 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2011 at 6:42 AM
Lynelle Turley Klein
It wasn't written like an opinion. An opinion would have been "I felt the event was more than fair because..."

Your post was an attack. It used the word ludicrous and was written in a derogatory manner towards those that had expressed their frustration. There is a difference and you know it.

The devs asked us not to attack other players personally. You have to decide whether you will respect their wishes or not.