Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Tier 3 event objectives

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2017 at 1:50 PM
tl93
I am anticipating that events with 3 tiers will require more event tokens than events that have 2 tiers. I also notice that the length of current events and the token drop rate is such that we get just enough tokens to spend during the event to achieve the objectives and the tier 2 token achievement: 33,000 tokens spent. It is close and if a player can't play in the final hours, then they may need a time warp to get the tokens.

But 33,000 tokens will not be enough for the tier 3 achievement, which will likely be 49,500. At best, 33,000 tokens would be enough to unlock all the 'saders, maybe even enough to play all the objectives, but leave fewer free plays.

So my question is: will 3 tier events run longer or have a faster token drop rate?

If not, then newer players will have to either spend many time warps or wait for the second running of the event.

Whatever the decision is, I'll do what I can to have fun, but I hope this topic has been considered and an intentional decision has been made.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2017 at 2:22 PM
Raymond
my guess is that people just starting out are not expected to be able to recruit all t1 and do all t1 event objs, and recruit both t2 and do all t2 objectives to be able to even start t3
wouldn't it require the t3 talent and that means having reached some level.

if on the other hand you mean long time players that have not done an event yet, then you have to work it. p.s. 33,000 is nothing to do with all the objectives, its an achievement and includes several, many, efp's. an event is perhaps 100+500+1000+2500+2500+2500 for t1 and similar for t2 and i assume similar for t3. and a 2 week period without warps generates 40,320 idols so with objectives that leaves alomst 6 efp's unless things are different.

but why cater to the one or two people this might apply to. most people will only be doing t3's or at most some t2;s also

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2017 at 5:04 PM
tl93
I would assert that all players that has started playing CotLI since sometime this year, and all players joining in the future, will be in this situation, so that is not one or two people, unless this is a dying game, which would be sad.

As I said, there are likely to be some mitigation measures that players can take and it may be that enough tokens will be given out for players to do objectives for all three tiers in a single double weekend event.

Also, events are 12 days (Thursday noon to Tuesday noon), not 14 (Thursday noon to Thursday noon), so we get 34,560 tokens not 40,320.

I still would love to get a slightly higher token drop rate, say 5 tokens per 2 minutes instead of 4 tokens per 2 minutes. Though 6 tokens per 2 minutes would be enough to get 51,840 tokens in the 12 days which is nicely above 49,500 but not by a lot.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2017 at 5:10 PM
Raymond
you want to be technical, but you neglected to notice that i intentionally overstated the tokens need of one tier of an event by 2500, so those account for one being able to do 2 more efp;s

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2017 at 12:32 AM
Andreas
I'm with Raymond on this one. And we have been in this situation before about a year ago when T2 was introduced. CNE has said the second tier was not intended for new players. T3 will be even more in this direction. Player who have started recently most likely won't be able to pass the objectives so your concern shouldn't be about tokens.

But since you care about it: Even if you have played the game for a year or a bit less, chances are good you have recruited one or both of the T1 crusaders, until the latest T3 event comes back, you very likely had the chance to recruit one or both T2 crusaders, too. So, you can save on tokens of those objectives.

Personally, my best bet is CNE will not raise the token requirements for the three non-recruitment objectives (or four, depending on how many new crusaders will be introduced in T3), however their opinion is for you to spend time warps if you don't collect enough of them during the event but want to and are able to do all three tiers. Raising the drop rate is very unlikely from my point of view.

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2017 at 2:34 PM
tl93
I don't know what CNE's intent is/was, but I don't see how my experience was dominated by that intent. I started in mid-March, about 6 months ago, and I have had no problem unlocking every crusader of all available tiers since the first crusader that I unlocked: The Bat Billionaire. That's 38 crusaders in 10 events, since Yogicast was new and only had a single tier. (I unlocked two or three of the Tier 1 crusaders via missions, but this actually meant I had to do an additional FP due to the lack of spending the tokens for the unlock objective. There was no real challenge in any of the objectives and I had to do all Tier 2 objectives.)

I have hope that I will be able to continue to unlock all crusaders, especially if there is only one Tier 3 crusader instead of 2 like the lower tiers.

If I can leave behind, break out of, the "new player" moniker in less than 1 month, then no one can convince me that most players will take anywhere near a year to do the same.

Were I starting today, yes, I would not expect to be able to do Tier 3 event objectives for two or more months and I would understand needing to wait a two or more weeks to be able to do Tier 2 event objectives. However, I would be put off if I was told that I must wait a full year before I was allowed to attempt Tier 2 event objectives and a second year to do Tier 3 event objectives, given that, as it stands now, this seems to be an artificial/intellectual barrier.

If CNE is serious about impeding the ability of "new players" to achieve event objectives beyond Tier 1, then they need to make those objectives much harder or implement some timer to enforce the delay they intend. As it stands now, there is no challenge in any event objective for anyone who as played for more than a year and minimal challenge for those who've played more than 3 months. The challenge is to get everything done within the time allowed and tokens dropped for those players that are starting from "square one", if they were unable to participate in the event the previous year.

@Raymond,
I'm not concerned with how many FPs I get or must do, so I don't care what the cost of the objectives is, so long as their total is less than or equal to the achievement amount, which has been the case for Tier 1 and 2.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2017 at 7:26 PM
Raymond
prediction, t3 events will not have an achievement to spend any tokens, perhaps only just one recruit, one to fill it with gear, and one for some special shenanigans.
i.e. t3 is not going to be exactly like t2's or t1's.
will 12 days of tokens be enough to do 5 t1 objectives + 5 t2 objectives + 5 (if it is 5) t3 objectives. Yes. plus a total of 5+ event free plays and all without using warps.
will 12 days of time be enough to do 15 objectives minimum (or 20+) for me most certainly even though I go to areas 1100+ on all or nearly all objectives in perhaps half a day each.
but this is academic for me as I only will be needing to do t3's as i have done every event ever released already.

i do not see what difference the 17k or 33k achievement has to do with cost totals of ovjetives