Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Agent 79 and the Priestess

42 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 2nd 2017 at 11:34 PM
Last Edited August 3rd 2017 at 10:15 AM
Zvereck
Anyone wants to share their opinion about these two?
Priestess seems ok, can be a magical build.
Agent doesn't really look appealing to me, although, she might be a good help with a push some sort.
What do you guys think? Is there a life after the Exterminator?

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2017 at 12:38 PM
Last Edited August 3rd 2017 at 12:42 PM
Animenut
Honestly, I don't see Priestess as a DPSer considering the significantly-lower EP, less alt crusaders to share EP with, and the lack of currently-available golden gear. She just doesn't compare to other, better-built crusaders even in a magical build, so I view her more as a support crusader meant for survival-pushing. Have a tank, but if a tank simply isn't enough by itself, add her in so the tank doesn't have to tank as much. Still, if a player wants to tank less, a support that just purely buffs DPS would have essentially the same effect by killing monsters faster, so I don't see much use for her.

Agent is more interesting to me due to adding secondary buffs to burst damage. She basically turns all ranged crusaders into AoE crusaders as well. There's a lot of damage potential when every shot from your formation has a decent chance of 1) Bouncing between other monsters to spread more damage around by making targeted shots more wide-range, and 2) Guarantee that 50% of the original damage dealt to the main target is dealt to all nearby monsters. Already, this means a formation including ranged crusaders would benefit greatly from having her in any leftover slots needing to be filled. I personally use a formation that includes Veronica and James, both which shoot, and so if an event formation gives me some extra slots, I'll put her in because their three shots plus Mindy copying Veronica's shots leads to some tremendous damage output. And if you put in Greyskull when he has his legendary cannon? That's *NINE* shots at once from just a single crusader, dealing 200% PER SHOT. With Greyskull, Veronica, James, and Agent in the formation with Mindy (with legendary hat) copying Greyskull and Agent, that's a metric hailstorm of bullets raining down on monsters, all of which are buffed by Agent's ricochet/splash damage. Just Mindy and Greyskull alone would be producing about 22 shots every 10 seconds, dealing an average of 250% DPS per shot between them, plus Agent being able to shoot every 3 seconds copied by Mindy, stack on an extra 6-8 shots within those 10 seconds for about ~30 shots every 10 seconds, NOT including Veronica and James's shots every 5 seconds, ALL benefiting from dealing 75% (with legendary) of the damage to nearby monsters and having a 45% chance (with legendary) at also bouncing to other targets, it's a screen-clearer. That's a ton of overlapping splash/ricochet damage since every individual shot can proc.

With a build focused around ranged crusaders (considering there still has to actually be DPS for them to fire), I can see Agent being IMMENSELY powerful.

EDIT: Yes, I know there are other crusaders that shoot, like Katie, but I'm most familiar with the ones mentioned in the post, so those are the ones I name-dropped.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2017 at 11:47 PM
Andreas
What Animenut wrote. Word by word.

Both The Priestess and the Agent to me are on the edge between supporter and DPS-crusader. Looking at the tags chosen for them, I can not shake the feeling, CNE might think the same. It's a bit sad that the Priestess has such an interesting counterpart in her spot and who knows, with a few more crusaders introduced who might fit her, she might play a more prominent role.

But until then I also prefer the Agent. If you can afford the spot taken by her and with the right crusaders, she might help take you quite a few levels further for sure.

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2017 at 10:23 AM
Last Edited August 6th 2017 at 10:26 AM
Azamagon
Priestess of Time seems more supportive than like a true DPSer. The fact that her DPS is rather tank-based makes her seem really meh.
In fact, I feel her powers could be better fit for some Time-based Crusader in the Royal Command slot; Imagine that the pushback think worked for any paused enemy, both those passively paused by Time Stop AND from Royal Command... that actually sounds like a useful and interesting tank-support. But that on a tank-based DPS? Nah, pass.

I can see her being potentially useful on one very specific thing though; On fights where you can kill most of the trash, but not the boss... well then the boss can't even fight you (Due to neverending Time Stop and pushback).

Agent79 sounds really interesting though. Especially with Arachnobuddy (3 sec cooldown, legendary-scalable shot which strikes 9 units at once and pauses all struck enemies for 1 second... combined with Agent79's bonuses... can't wait to acquire Agent79 to test that out!).

HOWEVER. The problem with shot-based power is that the shots don't scale whatsoever with click-damage. And clicking is (damage-wise) far, far, far superior in damage than shot-based stuff, due to autoclicking programs (which are fully allowed). Furthermore, shots and clicking are only useful at the same time; when you can't instakill enemies with raw DPS.

If the shots had the ability to scale with click-damage, I could see them actually being a fun and deep-pushingly viable style. Say, what if shot-based abilities said something like this:
"Every 5 seconds, X-Crusader fires at Y enemies for Z% damage of your DPS or click-damage (whichever is higher)."
Now shot-based damage could scale a bit further. And in turn, Agent79 would be even more awesome!

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2017 at 8:38 PM
Last Edited August 7th 2017 at 8:47 PM
Loot
*Sigh* If only people knew a little bit math.

The bouncing damage from Agent79's skill decreases by half for every bounce. The series 1/2+1/4+1/8+1/16... converges to 1 so the bounce skill is essentially increasing the projectile damage by 100% and that's assuming there are 1+ enemies and the bouncing never ends. The skill is much much worse than a straight "increase the GDPS by 100%" and doesn't even scale with legendary.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2017 at 11:02 PM
Last Edited August 7th 2017 at 11:18 PM
Animenut
I am aware, my friend. 15 posts, which means you're fairly new here. Azamagon, Andreas, Teschio, myself, and a few others are common posters in this forum and we are all perfectly capable of doing math. It's kind of a requirement for min/maxing in a game like this. Anyway, to reply more directly...

I know the damage reduction scales per bounce. Even so, the sheer number of shots being fired in a ranged formation makes that damage spread quite formidable. By the third bounce, the shot would only be doing 12.5% of it's original damage, which is paltry, but by that point, it has already dealt 50% and 25% to two other monsters, so anything else is just adding icing to the already-iced cake. It is more supplementary than useful. But this is assuming only one shot is being affected. In a ranged formation, many shots are doing this all at once, and so the rapid bouncing around of 5+ shots per few seconds (if Greyskull is not in the formation) leads to a lot more damage. When all 5 shots bounce to 5 other targets dealing 50% damage per, that's already a great boost since targets already hit by a shot will likely get hit by a bounced shot, and probably a third. Repeat this for the assumption that all 5 bounce a second time and there's another 25% spread around to a cluster of monsters. All of this happening instantly, and every shot AND bounce exploding for 50% of its (reduced factored in) damage to ALL monsters in that cluster PER shot and bounce...

Yes, the damage reduction per bounce stacks, but when explosions spread the damage around regardless, the overlap makes up for the fact that the BASE damage dealt to individual monsters is only a decent amount more than normal. If ALL she did was make shots bounce, she'd only be "pretty useful", but the fact that ALL shots and bounces explode is what makes her GREATLY useful.

And NONE of this is taking into account the fact that Greyskull, by himself, can produce 9 individually-proccing shots all at once.

The breakdown: Let's assume there's only one shot, it will bounce 5 times, always to a different enemy, the base damage it inflicts is 200%, and there are 6 enemies (labeled A through F). Step by step...

Shot hits initial target for 200%, deals 100% to all others.
A)200 B)100 C)100 D)100 E)100 F)100

Shot bounces to B for 100%, deals 50% to all others.
A)250 B)200 C)150 D)150 E)150 F)150

Shot bounces to C for 50%, deals 25% to all others.
A)275 B)225 C)200 D)175 E)175 F)175

Shot bounces to D for 25%, deals 12.5% to all others.
A)287.5 B)237.5 C)212.5 D)200 E)187.5 F)187.5

Shot bounces to E for 12.5%, deals 6.25% to all others.
A)293.75 B)243.75 C)218.75 D)206.25 E)200 F)193.75

Shot bounces to F for 6.25%, deals 3.125% to all others.
A)296.875 B)246.875 C)221.875 D)209.375 E)203.125 F)200

This is from *ONE* shot, let alone the 9 at once that Greyskull can unleash, and considering the base damage of this hypothetical shot only being 200% when crusaders like James have legendaries that boost their shot's base damage exponentially. My James deals 5400% damage per shot, and if a full 5 bounces deals the original base amount to the enemy that gets hit last, that's still the full 5400% damage to the enemy that takes the LEAST damage from the whole process and approximately 8000% damage to the enemy that takes the most. That ONE SHOT would potentially clear 6 enemies off the screen at once unless I've been tanking for so long that enemies have significantly more health than my base DPS can even scratch.

That enough math for you, bud?

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 2:36 AM
Andreas
@Animenut: Nice analysis. Just wanted to point out that Loot is with us for some time already, even before myself if I used the Advanced Search function right. I guess the Pam-situation has sorted itself out then? :-)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 11:12 AM
Animenut
Pam? The pilot? What about her? I remember mentioning how she's only halfway useful in tanking, but don't remember which post I said it in. If that's even what you're referring to.

95 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 15th 2017 at 8:50 AM
Last Edited August 15th 2017 at 8:53 AM
Viktyr Gehrig
Way I see it, the killer app to combine with Agent 79 is Arachnobuddy.

Same 9 shots as Greyskull, but Arachnobuddy's legendary web also increases their damage.