Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
What strategy for events?

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2016 at 12:54 AM
Last Edited November 22nd 2016 at 1:13 AM
StopGamer
How should I efficiently do during events?
1. For example, I saw a chest in the shop for 13k but instead I can do free to play 5 times with chances to get the same chest.
2.And about free to play - is it worth it to go as far as possible. Or you will get event chest anytime you spec?
3. How to farm event currency effectively? Is rate depends online/offline?
Maybe other tips?

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2016 at 3:35 AM
Last Edited November 22nd 2016 at 3:36 AM
snow
1 - Depends on what you want, free play gives you more chests but there is only a small chance they will be jewelled (silver only gives up to blue rarity gear). So silver if you want to fill all slots more quickly, jewelled if you want a chance at epic rartity gear and a betetr chance at blues.

2 - Anytime you destroy the world.

3 - Just make sure you kill relatively quickly, if you have to resort to tanking and take minutes to kill something it will adversely affect your drop rate. Otherwise the drop rate is timed, so as long as you kill somethig at leat every few seconds the rate will be fairly constant. If you have time warps you can use those to get extra pie.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2016 at 3:50 AM
Andreas
just to add to snow's post:

event currency drops every thirty seconds, even if you are offline. The generated amount you get once you log in again is calculated accurately.

The ratio between silver and jeweled event chests is about 2 or 3 to 1. Since there is chance involved, you can end up with a lucky or not so lucky streak. Maybe worth noting: The achievement to spend 17.000 (34K in T2) event currency doesn't take into account the pies spent for buying chests. it's just a 2% (for both achievements) increase in DPS, but better than nothing, as far as I am concerned.

About the going far: A lot of players only go as far as needed during FP. Even if you don't have 2.5k pies to immediately restart FP, you can start another objective in another campaign meanwhile and do another event Free Play later. What a lot people do, though is to do a "deep run" at the very end. This way they end up in higher levels where you get granted silver chests for boss levels you haven't beaten before (and a chance that those turn into jewel chests)

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2016 at 4:11 AM
StopGamer
Thanks! I made a mistake first - I thought that every dropped in event freeplay chest have a chance to be upgraded into event chest