Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Repeat Event: Emo's New Moon 2016

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2016 at 12:42 PM
Erika/Alyniana

Halloween is here! It always makes Emo reflective on the time he was in ghoul school. Relive his memories as he tells you the tale of what makes him emo, and tackle the 2016 edition of Emo's New Moon event!

Revisit the halls of his old school and the neighbourhood he used to call home, as you help to defeat the ghouls and haunts of his past. Don't be frightened; you're likely to survive.

Read more about it on the blog!

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2016 at 7:41 AM
SirManPlay
We need 2500 tokens for the first step? It isn't too much to start?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2016 at 7:43 AM
Raymond
no because you had a head start of a whole 2 weeks potentially of playing this event last year that newer people do not have the luxury of.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2016 at 9:24 AM
Teschio
Awesome, I just have an issue with how chests work now. I know it says they are weighted, but this only allows you to gear new crusaders, not to gear them WELL. Last event I spent about 20 days worth of time warps to have decent gear for the new crusaders (only to discover Mindy is unusable until a fix...), I kept getting duplicate epics for old crusaders, and that's just frustrating... I'd suggest that, for EVENT jeweled chests only (not regular ones), you can't get duplicate epics. It's hard enough to gear 2 crusaders with good items, doing it with 4 is TOO hard. I know missions can improve gear, but the more crusaders come out, the less likely you are to get a mission for the crusaders you actually use...

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2016 at 9:57 AM
Azaryah
Absolutely agree, Teschio.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2016 at 11:39 AM
snow
After getting 4 epic gravestones for Henry (the absolutely worst crusader of the event) I agree.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2016 at 1:09 PM
Azaryah
So far, have opened 9 JC's - the only Epics i got were 2 duplicate knives for Jack (for whom, buying three JC's, i had already the GE).

Really wanted Epics for Wendy, but that's looking very unlikely from the three gauranteed free JC's left to earn (for which gear will be divided amongst 4 instead of just the 2).

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2016 at 12:47 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ SirManPlay: You can wait a day for it to naturally build up, or use some Time Warps to get started. We feel it's fair, since the objective is a guaranteed Jeweled event chest, and it will only occur until we get back to the events with 5 Tier 1 objectives.

@ Everyone else: Thank you for the feedback on the chest weighting. The designers are keeping their eyes on it. The contents are still random though, even with the weights.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2016 at 4:52 PM
Teschio
Erika, the weighting is a good thing, but it only helps to get 3 items on crusaders. The problem is not gearing them up, but having useful items on them. Before event repeat we had a few guarantee chests to gear 2 crusaders, now we have the same amount of chests but divided by 4. And even if drops are weighted, this makes it twice as hard to get epic or rare gear.

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 28th 2016 at 5:23 AM
Susan Martin
For Henry's Spooked is it supposed to be no Crusaders adjacent or behind him or just behind him? I haven't played with him much but I found that when he was alone in the back row with nothing beside or behind him I had higher DPS.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 28th 2016 at 6:23 AM
snow
Directly behind him. He gets a buff icon when it applies.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 28th 2016 at 10:53 AM
Last Edited October 28th 2016 at 10:54 AM
Erika/Alyniana
If you have him in formation at point O, you can't have Crusaders in spots X behind him, due to the offset in the formations when dealing with adjacencies.

X
....O
X

As Snow mentions, he will have his buff bubble for Spooked when he is alone enough for it to work, and it will work when he's in the back row.

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2016 at 11:11 AM
Roku
I really liked playing this event again. It was pretty nostalgic since it was my first, but the new hard objectives made it fresh. My only complaint is that it can be incredibly hard to get even common gear in all the slots for the four event crusaders due to rng. I spent a considerable number of time warps for thousands of extra tokens and kept getting duplicate gear before finally giving up.