Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Power up player tips article

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2016 at 1:21 PM
Last Edited October 6th 2016 at 1:30 PM
Ultimate Legend (Boss)
http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=idle&post_id=413#blog

Hey guys. It looks like the devs have published a new article on the Crusaders page. I'm going to give my thoughts on the advice the devs published from other players. I think some of it is questionable or could be easily improved upon. First off, this one is by a guy called Pádraig Ó T.

"Do nothing but Free Plays, until have have loads of Idols. Purchase Upgrade Them All, and Spend It All, as soon as you can. Maximize your Crusader Levels BEFORE you reset, and do so with a mobile device for 25% more Idols. When you get to 300, and if you need to, 'respec' your Talents and work towards maximizing Efficient Crusading; (Keeping the two Talents I've already mentioned), and then do so again, at 600, and put Idols into Deep Idol Scavenger. It might also help to work towards the DPS Talents, to get you to 300, and 600."

Overall this is quality advice to take. I'd ignore the last sentence about working on DPS talents before you've maxed out your idol-increasing talents. The way to go once you've hit area 150 and unlocked talents is to buy the level and upgrade buttons then put the rest of your idols into passive crits. Once you hit area 300 you ought to reset your talents for the very first time and keep the level/upgrade buttons and put all your idols into Efficient Crusading.

Next up this advice is from Gary D.
"After you get higher rates of idols, use Smash10101 talent calculator to make the wisest talent purchases to get stronger."

I don't think you need a talent calculator, this is simple stuff to work out. Put all your idols into idol-increasing talents just like I said before.

From Brooke B:
"Save time warps for events. No matter how tempting it is, save it for the event. You want those sweet events chests, and you're going to need to do a lot of Free Play to get them."

Solid advice here. The only exception to this during your first two non-free play runs and there is no event running. You gotta get your first two runs out as fast as you can to get into the free play idol farming action.

http://imgur.com/a/dqz2H
Screenshot from my most recent account with 38 or so hours of play. I have 15 resets and this was a playing casually.

From Amanda K:
"Reset your free plays when you hit your soft wall. i.e. When you are no longer able to easily level-up your Crusaders and monsters are no longer being insta-killed. Grinding is the enemy if your goal is to get more idols. NEVER blacklist a Crusader. As new Crusaders are released and added to your roster, you'll suddenly find yourself using Crusaders that you have never used before. RoboTurkey and Robbie Raccoon are two Crusaders that I thought I would never use however I have found they are at the core of most of my formations now."

This is pretty obvious and good advice. I'm not sure what she means by black listing a crusader, just work out the most optimal formation you can which should take only a short time.

From Skansy:
"Boost your best damage-dealer with every Buff you have. For me: Werewolf + (Jim, Sasha, Larry, RoboTurkey, Artaxes, Montana and Brogon)."

Spot on advice. Once you've amassed a tremendous number of idols you'll just be looking to maximize your gold during free plays.

Anyway, this is pretty clear but good advice.

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2016 at 2:01 PM
KameRose
Simple Definition of blacklist
: a list of people, organizations, etc., that are disapproved of or that are to be punished or avoided

The point is simple. First impressions can be crippling, don't let them cloud your judgement. I've seen many players make this mistake. Do not let yourself get in a rut with your formation. As game play is constantly evolving so should your formation.

If your formation has been the same for a couple weeks try some revision. You won't regret it.

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2016 at 2:13 PM
Ultimate Legend (Boss)
Thanks for clearing that up, Amanda. I liked your advice, it kept to the key points which will always be helpful to any new player getting into this game.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2016 at 3:27 PM
Teschio
Warning to other users: Ultimate Legend (Boss) is the newest account of our usual troll (maybe his 30th account so far). As a renowned troll, he should not be replied to, even when he seems reasonable. His only goal is to establish himself as credible, before coming up with very provocative suggestions, whose only purpose is to damage a game he personally dislikes (he said this himself). Do not fall for his trap, do not engage him, just ignore him. It's the only way to deal with trolls-

Please know that the only reason I am writing this is to inform other users of who this guy is. So, if he feels he needs to reply to me, he may very well save his time, because I will not respond. And judging from his last 10 or so topics, this one will get locked as soon as the devs realize who he is.
Post by Ultimate Legend (Boss) deleted October 6th 2016 at 4:11 PM

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2016 at 3:59 PM
Last Edited October 6th 2016 at 4:11 PM
Ultimate Legend (Boss)
Your post is also misleading

"His only goal is to establish himself as credible, before coming up with very provocative suggestions, whose only purpose is to damage a game he personally dislikes (he said this himself)."

You make it appear that I have said my purpose is to damage the game I dislike but the truth is I said I dislike the game a long time ago. I haven't ever said I want to harm this game and I don't.

The rest of his post isn't true.

I hope after Teschio has read my response the mods delete both our posts and everything is cleared up. No one wants more threads being locked due to unnecessary spam. Please don't decide not to respond to me before you even see what I have to say, Teschio.