Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Updated Event: Carnival of Sorrows 2016

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 2:32 PM
Last Edited September 29th 2016 at 3:42 PM
Erika/Alyniana

The Carnival of Sorrows is back in town. Following up on our recent announcement on our official subreddit, we are going to be repeating our seasonal events from last year but with a special twist!

Note: Since the new Peanuts Tier 1 objective was just added this year, players who completed this event last year will need to do it prior to starting the Tier Two objectives, so be sure to save up 2,500 Carnival Tickets before resetting!

More details can be found on the blog!

The event runs until Oct 11th at Noon PDT!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 4:11 PM
Teschio
That is AWESOME!

The only tweak I would do is to have a way to get a GE for "tier 2" crusaders as well....

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 6:51 PM
Azaryah
Just curious, but what was the golden epic last year? (I wasn't playing yet).

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 7:18 PM
Teschio
There wasn't any, iirc. Golden Epics were introduced later, I believe the first one was an axe for Jim.

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 7:33 AM
Varie
Yay! Challenging event objectives! Thanks!

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 9:21 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Azaryah: While Jim had his Golden Epic with chest purchases at the time, we hadn't decided to event Crusader Golden Epics until Hallowe'en and Wendy's Broom.

@ Varie: Glad you're enjoying them! :)

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 10:58 AM
Raymond
why can't a lot of players start any of the event objectives? submitted a ticket with all the info i will not provide here

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 11:04 AM
Last Edited September 30th 2016 at 11:05 AM
Erika/Alyniana
They just need to earn more event Currency if the objectives aren't unlocked yet or they don't meet Idol requirements.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 12:42 PM
Teschio
Raymond, I suppose you were one of those that played the original event, so you have tier 2 objectives to complete. But they only unlock after all tier 1 objectives are complete, and the devs introduced a new one of those: Peanuts. You need 2500 tickets to start it, and after you complete it all tier 2 objectives will unlock.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 7:20 PM
Raymond
technical question, is it now. from now on, for us people with all the old crusaders, going to be twice as hard to be able to get full gear on the new event crusaders? i/e/ i do not want gear for pete and monkey...

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 3:56 AM
Teschio
I'm afraid this will be true. While there are obvious disadvantages to this (it's harder to get good gear on new event crusaders), there's also a positive side, getting gear for OLD event crusaders. And some are pretty good, I won't mind being able to gear them up a little better...

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 5:37 AM
Burmazil
Hello,

Just a question, once you have buy "Doing it again" talent, Tier 1 is not anymore available being replaced by Tier 2 objectives and crusaders? Meaning i better finish all T1 objectives and events before thinking about?

Or it allow me to swap between T1 and T2?

Or even better : each T2 become available when corresponding T1 is complete?

Or something else and once more i didnt understand :-)?

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 7:39 AM
thedude
As with all tier two talents, they are only available after the tier one in the same box is completed. For the event specifically, while the tier two are visible after completing the corresponding tier one, they are not playable until you have completed all five of the tier ones.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 7:57 AM
Burmazil
Thank you thedude, that's just what i hoped

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 2:05 PM
Lisa K Gregg
So how do you switch back to tier 1 objectives. I didn't have check on 2 of the tier 1 objectives, started one, clicked the do it again to get that talent and now can't seem to get to tier 1.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 7:11 PM
Teschio
I just noticed that the half-blood elf swaps with Khouri... I honestly can't understand why. This will make him the only crusader with THREE alternative event crusaders, while many others still have only one (the Bush Whacker, Sarah, Phoenix, Merci and Nate). Won't it be better to even out things as much as possible? Before introducing the fourth crusader in a slot, maybe it's better to have three crusaders in every slot...

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 7:15 PM
Raymond
things do not have to OCD be perfectly spaced out, for the longest time there were some with 3 and Nate had nobody under him...
i think it has to do with tags/abilities that hey are similar to

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 2nd 2016 at 1:49 AM
snow
Khouri's slot is the only dedicated general healer and each of them is ratehr different, I for one am quite happy with more alts for this slot and like the different options they give me for different formations. Just a pity halfy is such a sex maniac.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 2nd 2016 at 4:04 AM
Teschio
Raymond, is not about OCD, it's about game balance. Since a crusader benefits from EPs from other slots, and his DPS also benefits from epic items for other crusaders in his slot (through Swap Day talent), I think that having crusaders, especially DPSers like Sarah, with only one alternative severely limits their effectiveness.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 2nd 2016 at 7:35 PM
ihatethisfing
im just glad i appear to have enough crusaders (the majority of the time) to do any mission that pops up.