Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Objective: "Follow the Breadcrumbs"

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 2:09 PM
Animenut
........HOW?! Just...HOW?!?!?! The Evil Witch has soooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch health! Even when being bombarded with 270k idol's worth of damage buffs and talents, and epic/goldenepic gear for damage buffs AND being hacked at by a Swordplay-buffed Bush Whacker, she is damn near invulnerable! Maybe if the objective was to reach, say, area 100, that would be.....kiiiiind of more reasonable, but the only way to take her down is to bring an apocalypse-level amount of DPS also being fed to Bush Whacker to kill her within anything even close to a reasonable amount of time! That level of babysitting the game is unreal for 675 levels! Just.....HOW?!

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 2:12 PM
Last Edited September 28th 2016 at 2:13 PM
Andreas
the way I have experienced it, her health is directly connected to your DPS and the level you are on. If you increase your DPS, her health does, too. So, no matter what you do, work on a tank formation which is strong on either Debuffing damage taken and/or healing per second, have patience and work it like other levels.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 4:43 PM
Teschio
Yes, it doesn't really matter what your DPS is, she adapts to it. Tanking is the way.

BTW, I have 800k idols, and still had to use a lot of buffs and constant babysitting to complete that objective...

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 7:15 PM
Last Edited September 28th 2016 at 7:16 PM
Animenut
I have been doing some testing, and Evil Witch's health does NOT scale to your DPS. I'm at about area 500 and an Evil Witch spawned. Her health bar was barely moving at all. Several seconds into the level and the bar still looked full. I gave my DPS'er another 25 levels and it sped up only very slightly. I used "Savage Strikes" with the 50% universal damage buff and her health began dropping at a much more noticeable rate. So yes, Evil Witch DOES have a static health bar that does NOT scale to your DPS. Her health really is just that enormous.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 1:37 AM
Last Edited September 29th 2016 at 1:39 AM
Teschio
When you reach the late game, her health does seem to scale more than at the start, but I can assure you she does scale. In the early stages of the run, she had enough health to reach my formation (while I was instakilling everything else), and 50 stages later, without me leveling up a single crusader, she STILL took the same amount of time to die. This is incompatible with a static health, because that should have increased by a few orders of magnitude in 50 stages...

Anyway, my suggestion is: quit the objective. If you don't kill everything, including the witch, until level 600, without resorting to buffs or clicking build, then you'll never make it. Farm more, and try it again in the future.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 6:23 AM
Last Edited September 29th 2016 at 6:26 AM
Missy Lenoir
I believe the point was to make us think outside our normal box with that objective as have been many of the newer objectives. Once I figured out how the witches worked, the objective was actually a breeze. You do not have to kill the witches to progress to the next level and once you accomplish the requirements to pass on to the next, the witches will despawn.

1) You need a tank formation. The tank will keep you up and going while you focus on #2.

2) You need something that's often called "splash" or "AoE" damage in gaming. Merci has this off the top of my head and the firebomb buffs which normally get no love also give it. Your main dps is trying to single focus kill the witch. You need to kill the stuff behind her.

It's an updated "tank and spank."

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 9:26 AM
Animenut
Teschio, I got to about area 570 before it was just taking way too long to bring her down without buff abuse (and I'm NOT having another"Slow Descent" debacle from earlier-game). Stopped and I'll try again in a while once I've maxed out more talents and possibly gotten better-buffing event crusaders.

Missy Lenoir, I figured out the splash damage tactic soon after posting my original comment, and yeah, that does help a LOT in the earlier stages. The Metal Soldierette by herself is pretty much enough to handle the witch so you don't have to waste formation space on a separate healer, like Rayna or Kouhri. But something that should be noted is that if the witch spawns during a boss area, you HAVE to beat her to continue, even if you beat the minions and boss instantly behind her.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 9:48 AM
Teschio
Good call. In the meanwhile, I suggest you never open jeweled chests (except event ones), so that you can try to maximize the items for the new crusaders when you finally get them all.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2016 at 10:51 AM
Animenut
Teschio, yup, I was planning on that. All my crusaders are plenty geared up enough and don't really need any jeweled chests anyway. I used a few to get some gear on the newbies, but won't be using any more until later when I've unlocked the other three.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 6:54 PM
Felawen
The witch is weaker at a lower level. If she pops on you, drop 30 levels and kill her off, then re-enable auto progression to get back to where you were. You'll need to actively play, but it makes the quest significantly easier. Near the end I had to kill off a witch about every five levels.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 9th 2016 at 1:30 AM
Burmazil
Hello Animut,

This is how i did it with 100k idols :

Fist row : a tank ( a real one, the cat will not do, used Littlefoot for increased support over time)
Second row : the griffin for "under my wing"
Somewhere in your formation : a healer and an area damage dealer (like the mad wizard)

Up to level 600 you will kill everything behind the witch and move to next level
at somme point not killing the witch mean she will reappear at next level, then you need to stop auto progress and use a clicker heavily buffed for killing her before moving to next level

from 600 to 675 i used constantly 3 syphons (1 common + 1 uncommon + 1 rare), 3 accuracy, 3 splash damage and 3 power buffs

i also used a tons of time warp for being able to use savage strike whenever needed and add EP to my main damage dealer and littlefoot (didnt count but likely 30 epics and 40 uncommons)
i ended with 100EP and littlefoot well over 1k of "growing up" and storm rider
Max crusaders levels at that time : 5175, i dont think i could have pull it without

From 600 to 675 forget iddle game, you need to act a lot

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 10th 2016 at 11:34 AM
Last Edited October 10th 2016 at 7:49 PM
buburall
282k idols, 1exp per hour, 16hrs from which 7hrs active play,used 48 common deloreans, 8-10 of them for last 3floors to keep savage/fire storm running
draco(R/R/GE and 1260EP at 200%) at 5150 , 32xp
ended with 3x of power burst,splash and the red eye (600-675), gold 3x
used about 600 silver chests, mostly with usual savage-open 5, in boss floors

hint: witch can be killed easier if you move 4-5floors back

last line starting
- brogon(eer),draco
- mimic(rrr),boggins(GE),queen(urr) (mimic adiacent to brogon and boggins)
- bubba(ur/e for savage) for savage or sal for the rest (no i didnt use wizard, just splash for last 50floors)
- princess,montana (i used president+panda - leerion would be better- till 640, when dracco capped)
-thalia

no clicking,i hate that