Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
What's the point of longer EP missions?

19 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2016 at 1:22 AM
Morphman the Clown
When you do missions for gold, the longer the mission is the more gold you get. When you do one for buffs, the longer the mission, the better the buff.
But when you do missions for EP, you always get 1 EP for each crusader participating, no matter the length of the mission.

So why would I ever have incentive to pick a 4 hour EP mission over a 1 hour one?

I'm fairly new at this, so I'm sure I've missed something.

26 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2016 at 2:01 AM
Asquall
No, no difference at all except the duration. Yes, it is better to have the usual 5 min 1 EP mission over the 4 hour one, or 3x 1 EP over 8 hour.
That's why the talent for increasing chance to get shorter missions is very useful to increase your chance to get 5 min 1 EP mission :)

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2016 at 2:16 AM
Vingummi
The point is variation, cant give you only 5min missions :)

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2016 at 8:28 AM
Erich
I've had missions that give more than 1 EP for a crusader. I think the most I've seen is 3, but I could be wrong. I have seen 2 though, without a doubt. Also, you might notice that a short EP mission takes 2 crusaders, but a longer one might take 4 or 5. So you're getting more EPs from those longer missions, but spread among more crusaders.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2016 at 8:55 AM
Rapunsell
The other thing I would mention is that the different length missions for 1 EP have different tag criteria. So sometimes you want to use a longer one just to get some EP on the characters that aren't a good fit for the shorter EP missions.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2016 at 10:47 AM
Raymond
there are 5 missions that give 3ep, lasting from 1 hour to 24 hours.
there's 1 mission that gives 4ep and takes 1.5 days
i think his concern is the 1ep missions, there are 12 of those, as short as 5 minutes and as long as 10 hours.

what missions you do, and what crusaders you use are up to you

unsure how up to date the following is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RBdfrb9rG1rhWafm-pX8lvYQGtW61BFL1F9wc3k_8B4/edit#gid=0